Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

45 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I have 76 and, frankly, I've never been more disappointed in a video game.  I've heard it got better from launch, but I haven't bothered. 

It's light years better than the early days.  It's basically an entirely different game at this point.  I think there have been over 30 updates since it launched in 2018 LOL. 

At launch and through the first year, there were no humans.  Just robots and monsters.  The world felt very empty and it was honestly kinda boring.  Now there are several human factions, including BoS, raiders, cultists, and blood eagles. 

They introduced daily ops & expeditions, lots of new main story content, and there are now three separate boss fight baddies.  They introduced mutations as well that allow you to jump really high and run a lot faster.  

76 is full 60FPS on PS5 & Xbox now (it was 30), so the game is much better looking. And there's a massive map extension coming later this year.  I'd highly recommend firing it up again and giving FO76 another try.  

https://gamerant.com/fallout-76-map-expansion-2024/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

I stopped playing Fallout 76 after getting out of the vault. Framerate was stuttering outdoors on the Series X. Went back to finally play through Fallout 4 with all the DLC in its entirety. Got bogged down tho in the settlement building again just like when I originally played the vanilla version. 🤣

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chew said:

It's light years better than the early days.  It's basically an entirely different game at this point.  I think there have been over 30 updates since it launched in 2018 LOL. 

Thanks.  I'll fire it up again once I finish BoTW.  

Hopefully I can go down to High Street in Morgantown and drink in the same bars I drank in during college IRL. :)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

There is a "main path" in Elden Ring.  It sounds like the stuff you are doing isn't along the main path although doing that will help you level up to be able to be more powerful at bosses along the main path.

Check out Demon Souls on PS5 if you haven't.  It's linear so you don't really have the openness of Elden Ring that can definitely make you feel lost at times.   That was my first "souls" experienced and I thought it was awesome.

Yeah, I’m off the path haha. I bought Demon Souls when it released. I saw the commercials and was so in. Then I proceeded to get my ass handed to me. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Yeah, I’m off the path haha. I bought Demon Souls when it released. I saw the commercials and was so in. Then I proceeded to get my ass handed to me. 

As far as Elden Ring is concerned, these 3 things will essentially turn on easy mode: 

Blasphemous Blade

Jellyfish Shield

Mimic Tear (summons)

There are markers on the map as well as glowing lights at bonfires that point you in the direction of the main quest. However, some of the best and most difficult boss fights are entirely optional so going off the main path is well worth it 

Edited by Mufumonk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Mufumonk is like the Carl Sagan of Souls gamers lol. Good to see you again, buddy.

Just don't ask me to do a speedrun. I don't know the game as well as those crazy people 😂 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Mufumonk said:

Just don't ask me to do a speedrun. I don't know the game as well as those crazy people 😂 

I saw those guys on Pluto TV 😂. I refuse to believe actual humans are capable of **** like that lol. Literally did a Dark Souls 2 speed run with the character buck naked.

• Haha 3

Was never a big fan of RPGs. Was seeing a lot advertising of Diablo IV coming to Xbox game pass this month, decided to give it a shot.

I can see the intrigue. Something addicting about leveling up your characters' weapons/armor/abilities and sending those demon monsters back to hell.

Though I did just look up the best builds on YouTube for the character I chose. I wasn't about to deep dive and research the best build on my own. 

Edited by CRobi21
  • Thumb up 1

Jump King

I briefly talked about this one, its a very simple 8 bit game, a game I would never buy a few months ago. The premise is simple, get to the top of the level, but it’s hard. Its a rage inducing game, you hold down the “A” button and the longer you hold it down, the more you jump. Once you jump, you’re locked in (think old school Castlevania). You miss, you’re falling down, way down, losing an hour of progress in a few seconds. Sounds terrible, but if you know what the game is going in, its almost like you’re in on the joke.

RAD

Once again, not the kind of game I would ever normally get down on, but I’ve been in a rut lately. This is a top down, isometric, roguelike dungeon crawler. Nothing too special, but it has great music and a very “90’s” vibe to it. You level up and gain random mutations (things like growing a turret head, a head you can throw like a grenade and it grows back, wings, immunity to acid, etc). Really simple, yet really fun game that doesn’t take itself too seriously and has great 90’s music.

Bit Dungeon Plus

Hate it! ****ing hate this game! Its similar to the first Zelda, but only if its the dungeons. Another dungeon crawling roguelike, but I ****ing hate this game. Its just a boring game that explains almost nothing, is unfair, not fun and almost feels incomplete or broken. I’ve played better games on Newgrounds over 20 years ago.

Genesis Alpha One

This one is a FPS, roguelike, base building, survival game. You play as a clone whose mission is to expand human colonization of outer space. Your “home” is a space station that you build with acquired resources and the stations you build will give your perks on your mission (tractor beam collects debris, greenhouse makes food, armory makes weapons, etc). You will also have to protect your station from alien attacks and go down to a planet’s surface to collect resources and stave off hordes of aliens. Weird game, not many bells and whistles, low budget but interesting game. Haven’t played much, but seems easy to learn, hard to master.

The Eternal Cylinder

I have no idea what the **** I'm playing, seriously, I have no idea what the hell is going on here. I was sold on this game being an “open world/Spore/survival/action game…I’m stuck and it only ten minutes into the ****ing game. I really have no idea what to do and I don’t like using guides, I definitely feel like I shouldn’t need a guide in the first 15 minutes of the game. That being said, the look and music of this game is amazing, once I figure this game out, we might have a gem on our hands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Diablo 4 is an RPG? :rofl89:

I've got too many games on steam and for some reason I still play Neverwinter Nights and the original Thief from the 90s lol. Or free server DAOC.

It’s referred to as an action RPG.  My guess is due to having story lines and main quest/side quests is why they tacked on RPG.

22 hours ago, Chew said:

If I were to fire this up tonight, what is the first thing I should do?

11 hours ago, Simmsy said:

The Eternal Cylinder

I have no idea what the **** I'm playing, seriously, I have no idea what the hell is going on here. I was sold on this game being an “open world/Spore/survival/action game…I’m stuck and it only ten minutes into the ****ing game. I really have no idea what to do and I don’t like using guides, I definitely feel like I shouldn’t need a guide in the first 15 minutes of the game. That being said, the look and music of this game is amazing, once I figure this game out, we might have a gem on our hands.

Looks weird and interesting.

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

Looks weird and interesting.

It is, I haven't picked it up again to play, but I plan to just start over and pay better attention. I picked up two more games with my MS points, one is a pretty weird one that I've had my eye on for a while.

35 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I said I was bored with games and then Henry comes walking back into my life. First game I’ve been excited for since I don’t know when.

I loved the first game, but how is Henry going to forget to read in the sequel? Honestly, I never finished the game. I did so many side quests that I maxed out my level pretty early in the game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

If I were to fire this up tonight, what is the first thing I should do?

Slaughter the innocent?

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I said I was bored with games and then Henry comes walking back into my life. First game I’ve been excited for since I don’t know when.

WHAT. This came out of nowhere. Holy ****

• Haha 1

I’m curious how they are going to handle the reading and fighting. Does Henry lose his memory?  It’s been 6 years since the first one came out. If this one is close to the original, then I’ll be playing this for like a year.

Im also glad it is coming this year. Don’t have to wait 3 years like gta and Skyrim 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I’m curious how they are going to handle the reading and fighting. Does Henry lose his memory?  It’s been 6 years since the first one came out. If this one is close to the original, then I’ll be playing this for like a year.

Im also glad it is coming this year. Don’t have to wait 3 years like gta and Skyrim 

I'm hoping not, and he expands on those skills, making the game slightly harder than the first. 

Saw a ton of crossbow play and firearm usage in that video, and he was pretty much a novice with the bow.

I hope we finally get that jousting mini game 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Clash: Artifacts of Chaos

Game is ****ing weird, but it looks and sounds beautiful. Its a Soulslike, beat'em up. No point in me trying to describe this one, just watch the video. I've had my eye on it, but I couldn't figure out what this game was, so I waited until it went on sale. Definitely pick it up if you can catch it on sale.

• Thanks 1