Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

what have you heard? Nobody has seen a second of gameplay or seen any details on it 

Eric Rayweather has a lot of good details on it as does Matt Brown

basically it is dynasty and RTG focused and you will have transfer portal and NIL

it's true that we haven't seen gameplay but i'm cautiously optimistic

• Like 1

Years ago, there was a PS4 exploit that bricked PS4s. Sony initially did nothing and then released a statement of "Just don't do that thing that may brick your system". People who bought a PS4 were livid and at that point, I swore I would never be a victim of Sony's customer service.

As some of you may know, Dead Island 2 had a free 4 day demo. I got it played, went out of town, came back and it expired (couldn't play the download anymore). So, I deleted it, saw that it was on Gamepass, got confused, downloaded it again to see if it would work or was some type of glitch. It didn't work, so I used my points to buy the game.

Turns out, the game WAS added to Gamepass and it was a shadow drop. Obviously, I just bought the game with my hard earned MS reward points so I wasn't happy about this change. While hitting my bong in the bathtub, I sent a refund request. I didn't expect to get my points back, but I had to at least try. I sent the request and I got an automated email saying they would get back to me in 72 hours. In 15 minutes, I had my refund, no problem.

This is why I stick with Xbox, they're not in first place so they can't **** on their customers like Sony. Microsoft has fixed any problem I've ever had and compensated me with extra for the inconvience.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Of course, they could also just ensure stock levels are high by actually making enough of them and not artificially creating demand. 🤔

The tweet you posted, literally says that is what they are doing.

• Like 3

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

It claims it. I still (stubbornly) believe that Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo intentionally hold back hardware production to keep the demand high at launch. 

I don't think in this day and age where it's all about money they do that. I don't know if you had been following the GPU prices the past year or two, but those things were in short supply and because of that prices sky rocketed.  Components are just in major demand so I can see this being a real issue.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

It claims it. I still (stubbornly) believe that Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo intentionally hold back hardware production to keep the demand high at launch. 

I don't think this makes sense from a purely economic standpoint.  The demand is going to be there at launch.  "Gamers" must have the new ****, they aren't particularly rationale consumers and gaming is too important to their lives. Casual gamers (like me) don't need the hot new **** immediately, but will buy it whenever it's conveniently available.  

In economic terms, the demand is inelastic, like gasoline ... the target market is not going to forego their purchase unless the price is truly unreasonable.  So the hardware makers would be wise to make as much as they can sell.  There are some forces that counter that general concept, it doesn't make sense to build a facility that can build 1,000,000 of them in one day if you are going to sell 50 million total, that's overkill and you'd be left with an empty expensive factory after 2 months, but in the main, I don't really buy the notion that Sony/MS/Nintendo need to make the things overly scarce to juice the price.

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I don't think this makes sense from a purely economic standpoint.  The demand is going to be there at launch.  "Gamers" must have the new ****, they aren't particularly rationale consumers and gaming is too important to their lives. Casual gamers (like me) don't need the hot new **** immediately, but will buy it whenever it's conveniently available.  

In economic terms, the demand is inelastic, like gasoline ... the target market is not going to forego their purchase unless the price is truly unreasonable.  So the hardware makers would be wise to make as much as they can sell.  There are some forces that counter that general concept, it doesn't make sense to build a facility that can build 1,000,000 of them in one day if you are going to sell 50 million total, that's overkill and you'd be left with an empty expensive factory after 2 months, but in the main, I don't really buy the notion that Sony/MS/Nintendo need to make the things overly scarce to juice the price.

Agree.  I think hardcore gamers would likely buy regardless of supply shortage.  Older, casual gamers like me probably would buy at launch if not too much of a hassle to get one.  Regardless of scarcity, I think casual gamers would probably buy at reasonable price, but not bother with auctions and scalpers all that much.  Anecdotally, I would've been fine paying whatever MSRP was for PS5 at launch or higher, but I never wanted to bother with the hassle of getting it legitimately nor go the private sale route.  By the time it became readily available, I was meh on it and moved on to gaming on PC.

5 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yeah, the demand is the demand.  In the supply/demand/price curve, if they hold up supply, the difference is that the ideal price goes up rather than demand increasing.  But that increase in price lines the pockets of scalpers, not the pockets of the console-makers.  There's no incentive for them to have people paying excess money to scalpers that could instead be going towards buying games where they make their profit.

• Like 2

I'm actually really enjoying Starfield. Even space combat is actually pretty fun once you get a good ship.

I just wish you could re-spec skills. I invested in a few that turned out to be kinda wasteful.

I assume the PS6 is coming in a couple years but this price is solid since the 5 has another 5 or more likely years of life.

375* at Gamestop..400 at other places.

*Requires instore pickup order online on their website (and their Pro membership, I think). 

Edited by The Evil Genius

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I assume the PS6 is coming in a couple years but this price is solid since the 5 has another 5 or more likely years of life.

375* at Gamestop..400 at other places.

*Requires instore pickup order online on their website (and their Pro membership, I think). 

With stuff like this happening as well as shops closing for good, I am nowhere near going all digital with gaming.

https://metro.co.uk/2024/03/07/ps5-owners-lose-access-hundreds-games-digital-purchases-wiped-accounts-20419130/

• Sad 2

On 3/5/2024 at 2:05 PM, Warhead36 said:

I'm actually really enjoying Starfield. Even space combat is actually pretty fun once you get a good ship.

I just wish you could re-spec skills. I invested in a few that turned out to be kinda wasteful.

Yeah, that happens. No level cap though, feel free to just put your new points into that skill. I only regret not playing on a hard difficulty, I still die in the game, just wish it was harder.

7 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Yeah, that happens. No level cap though, feel free to just put your new points into that skill. I only regret not playing on a hard difficulty, I still die in the game, just wish it was harder.

Yeah I actually upped the difficulty to Hard. Combat is more fun now since I have a legit chance of dying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

With stuff like this happening as well as shops closing for good, I am nowhere near going all digital with gaming.

https://metro.co.uk/2024/03/07/ps5-owners-lose-access-hundreds-games-digital-purchases-wiped-accounts-20419130/

I guess I better hurry up and play my digital games. I’ve got Elden Ring, BG3 and Cyberpunk to get into. Don’t know which to start first. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I guess I better hurry up and play my digital games. I’ve got Elden Ring, BG3 and Cyberpunk to get into. Don’t know which to start first. 

The only time I get a digital game is if it's the only way it is available, like the smaller indie games.

Anything that I can purchase in the store though, I get on physical.

• Like 2