Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

The only time I get a digital game is if it's the only way it is available, like the smaller indie games.

Anything that I can purchase in the store though, I get on physical.

With the indie games, I often hold out to see if they get a release on one of those limit run type publishers, too.

3 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

With the indie games, I often hold out to see if they get a release on one of those limit run type publishers, too.

I don't support that **** either.  I'm not paying extra for some manufactured limited run physical copy. 

Literally the ONLY game I paid more for physical was Dead Cells on Switch.  It was $25 in store and $20 digital (at the time).  I had never played a rogue like game prior so I wasn't sure if it was something I would enjoy, so I got the physical in case I didn't like it and could at least sell it to get some money back.

In general though those little indie games are basically one and done for me anyways, I never go back to them, and since they are so cheap, I'm not worried about selling them if I don't like them to recoup some of my money.

6 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I don't support that **** either.  I'm not paying extra for some manufactured limited run physical copy. 

Literally the ONLY game I paid more for physical was Dead Cells on Switch.  It was $25 in store and $20 digital (at the time).  I had never played a rogue like game prior so I wasn't sure if it was something I would enjoy, so I got the physical in case I didn't like it and could at least sell it to get some money back.

In general though those little indie games are basically one and done for me anyways, I never go back to them, and since they are so cheap, I'm not worried about selling them if I don't like them to recoup some of my money.

I meant limited run like the publisher, but also including others of the type like Signature Edition Games, Super Rare Games, and some others.  I don't think it's fair to call it a manufactured limited run.  We're talking indie games with a limited market which already released digitally months earlier further limiting the market as most who were interested already bought digital.  Usually there will be a pre-order period where they take as many orders as they get, and then the remaining copies they manufactured in addition to the pre-orders will be sold while supplies last.  If not for these small run publishers, these games simply wouldn't get a physical release at all.

7 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I meant limited run like the publisher, but also including others of the type like Signature Edition Games, Super Rare Games, and some others.  I don't think it's fair to call it a manufactured limited run.  We're talking indie games with a limited market which already released digitally months earlier further limiting the market as most who were interested already bought digital.  Usually there will be a pre-order period where they take as many orders as they get, and then the remaining copies they manufactured in addition to the pre-orders will be sold while supplies last.  If not for these small run publishers, these games simply wouldn't get a physical release at all.

I know exactly what you meant and I still won't support that crap.  i'm not paying $10+ more for the physical copy of a game I have most likely already beaten by the time it comes out.  Usually those LRG games are the $20 indie digital games anyways, but they will charge like $40 or $50 for them just because they can.  No thanks.

On 3/8/2024 at 5:45 PM, dfitzo53 said:

Been playing the heck out of Helldivers 2. Pretty damn good game, plays well on controller and mouse+keeb. 

I just started playing on PS5. I don't know what in the hell I'm doing but it's fun 😂

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Sifu: I bought this game and it goes against what I usually like. A beat'em up, rogue-like...game. I hate games that make you memorize move sets like a fighting game, I don't play game enough to remember sets like that, I wouldn't want to anyways. I also found the game to be rage inducing, it felt like my character wasn't performing the moves that I wanted. This game does look cool and I got it for $15, definitely a beat it in a couple of days and delete kind of game. I would recommend for $15.

Ed-0: Zombie Uprising: This game caught my eye, but it was hard to find any actual info on what the game actually is and how it plays. If you've ever played the old Shiren the Wanderer games (I ****ing hate those games) Ed-0 is that game in real time and 3D. Its basically another rogue like, but with zombies. Go a far as you can until you die, level up, try again and see how far you get. The reviews I've seen do a terrible job portraying what the game really is, so watch this trailer instead.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I just started it again because I can't find any other games that do it for me. Being my 3rd time through, I'm not finding it to be as fun as I remembered. 

Have you played any of the Uncharted series Buzz? Seems like you'd like those games. 

• 2 weeks later...

Picked Breath of the Wild up again.  First time I tried it, I played about 8 hours and put it down due to lack of progress/frustration at getting from point A to point B/falling off of cliffs or drowning or running into way overpowered enemies/frustration at figuring out the hundreds of gameplay mechanics that the game makes no effort to explain.  

Going to try it again with more patience and more input from YouTubers. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Picked Breath of the Wild up again.  First time I tried it, I played about 8 hours and put it down due to lack of progress/frustration at getting from point A to point B/falling off of cliffs or drowning or running into way overpowered enemies/frustration at figuring out the hundreds of gameplay mechanics that the game makes no effort to explain.  

My son (like 6 at the time) beat it well before I did. Partly because I got busy with other games, and partly because he had zero qualms about watching YouTube videos to figure out what he needed to know. 

He even absolutely blasted me one day. He was like, "Hey dad, did you ever think about the fact that I'm just a kid and I've beat this game multiple times and you haven't beaten it at all? Want some help with it?"

• Haha 2

@dfitzo53  "A six year old beat this game" does not make me feel any better.  LOL.

I would also have responded with "Hey son, did you ever think about the fact that you're just a kid and therefore completely reliant on me for the food that you eat and the bed that you sleep in?"

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I played the crap out of BotW but honestly, it was kind of a snoozefest after a while.  I just wanted to get all of the temples and found that fun.

I wish I didn't buy Tears of the Kingdom.  That game is like BotW 1.5 and is just as boring as it.  I didn't know the map was literally the same until like a week before the game came out.  

Fortnite No-Build is everything I dreamed about in an online shooter since we could play DOOM via modem. 

I know it is not a true FPS... but it darn near is able to play like one.  I don't know why, but I had always envisioned we would get to a near open world concept for online games... it just took some time. The Battlefront series has also been fun (I played the Star Wars ones), but there is something me about playing solo (or duo or squad) that's pretty heartpumping.  Large team vs. Large team taking objectives was fun, but now that I have experienced the "me vs. 99 other players" --- hook me up.  At the same time, it has a very casual vibe to it.  I am dead?  Just drop in for another game.

I haven't played PUBG... but I felt COD: Warzone was way punishing in the game balance (ie. felt like I was shot 3 times and died).  Fortnite is pretty forgiving and the terrain provides good movement options (and they have added cars and other mobility items).  The graphics are also bright and fun... vs the dark and gritty aesthetics of COD.  

Am I the only one here who thinks like this?  I spent $100 upgrading an older PC just so I could game with multiple people in the house.. .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

BOTW is just so bland.  It's what happens when someone goes chasing the mainstream audience.  The worst thing that can ever happen to one's niche hobby is for it to go mainstream.

For me personally, the 3D Zelda games are more miss than hit.  I prefer the old school top down view.  My favorite Switch one is the remake of the Gameboy game, Link's Awakening.

The only 3D one that I REALLY liked was Ocarina of TIme, but that was just so long ago and was the first.  I never finished Majora's Mask.  WindWaker was okay but I did not like the art style and the whole boat part of the game was a waste of time.  I started Twilight Princess but was bored to death after like 8 hours and never played it again.  I had no interest in Skyward Sword because I disliked TP.

If BotW wasn't a launch game, I probably wouldn't have played it.  It was a brand new console and a new Zelda with not much else to play at launch, so I put in a ton of time into that game.  The beasts were cool but only 4 of them was kinda weak, and no traditional dungeons was just so lame.  Then they basically did the same thing in TotK.  

RDR2 is an exceptional experience especially when you approach random people and greet them without any malice, and they get upset.

"Howdy, mister."

"Git out of here."

Alright, you forced my hand, brother.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

RDR2 is an exceptional experience especially when you approach random people and greet them without any malice, and they get upset.

"Howdy, mister."

"Git out of here."

Alright, you forced my hand, brother.

636332672e1b316637b806ea73f2c26d24279f8d

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Got bored of Starfield. The gameplay grind is just way too repetitive and the story and overall atmosphere just don't grab me. I finished the faction quests but have no desire to do the main quest.

I get why some people think its boring or were disappointed, but I don't get how these same people think Skyrim or Fallout 4 are games of a generation. I played Skyrim once, never picked it up again. I had to force myself to play F4 twice and I still couldn't muster past level 14. Starfield does everything all of those games do and it does it better. I'm not saying you're one of those people, but I'm not sure what more they expect this game to do.