Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I found him early on. Was disappointed I couldn't use him as a party member. Also his hired goons list is the lacking. 

I wanted to start over with a bard also to kinda see what if anything would be different. Plus my fighter did unspeakable things in the goblin camp. 😈

I have heard Bards can actually be really OP, and its nice having a main character with Charisma as his main stat for dialogue purposes.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

There are YouTube vids out there for pretty much every class showing the "best" builds.

I initially wanted to milticlass my bard. Sposidly 10/2 bard/paladin woops tookus.

Then I watched this guy's video and now I'm thinking just a level twelve bard. He seems to go over more of what is lost as opposed to what is gained. Scared me straight. 🤣

Wow I had never even heard of this game until today, and it comes out in 2 weeks.

It's from the people that made the Ori series, which IMO were 2 of the best games last gen.  Both of those games were incredible.  

This is a totally different style of game, but damn it looks great.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I initially wanted to milticlass my bard. Sposidly 10/2 bard/paladin woops tookus.

Then I watched this guy's video and now I'm thinking just a level twelve bard. He seems to go over more of what is lost as opposed to what is gained. Scared me straight. 🤣

I’ve got about 150+ hours into BG3, playing on PS5 with 1-3 other people. Haven’t done it solo. 

we have the most fun playing on balanced, and doing thematic builds. Like MCU, DBZ, Star Wars, etc. like right now we’re doing a Freiza/Vegeta run. Eldritch blast warlock/sorcerer tiefling and way of the open hand monk human with one level barbarian for rage and use fire shield from robe to get that super saiyan glow. 

gives us a theme to stick to and build from the endless possibilities and min/max FOMO tend to fade away and you focus on making choices relevant to your character in both dialogue and combat. 

that said, I always say Wizards is hella fun because you can learn any spell in the game and change them around at will. Any battle is different. 

And to @dfitzo53 question about Controller, it controls great. The radial wheels that are customizable make it quite easy in combat etc. the worst difference vs PC is probably inventory management

Edited by “Misdirection”
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I picked the Warlock feat for my bard. Mainly for Eldrich Blast and Hex. Haven't had the chance to use them yet tho. I'm old and required sleep. 🤣

Probably should have gone with the dungeon delvers feat first. My party fails a lot of saving throws while exploring. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 10:57 AM, purbeast said:

It's from the people that made the Ori series, which IMO were 2 of the best games last gen.  Both of those games were incredible.  

This is a totally different style of game, but damn it looks great.

I loved both Ori games too.

Moon has peeps that can create visual artistry and really understand how to weave it into game play.

This new title has my attention. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

When you play Starfield like a Fallout or Elder Scrolls but in outer space, it actually feels a lot better. I just don't really enjoy space combat and the outpost building crap.

I don't get the hate for the game, especially from people who loved Skyrim/Fallout 4 (I didn't love those). I'm sure there will be a mod later, but I wish they had put in an option to play as a classic RPG. As in, you pick your character (merc, trader, researcher, pirate, etc) and you play as that.

So after spending some time with Dead Island 2, I must say that if you enjoyed the first game (I adored it), this is a must buy. I've put about 12 hours into the (I play videogames very slowly), so I don't know how long it is, but I enjoy it. I find it funny that after the first Dead Island, everyone looked down on it and thought if Dying Light as the essential upgrade. I hate Dying Light, Dead Island 2 does everything Dead Island and Dying Light tried to do better than either game combined.

First of all, there is so many ways to kill zombies that it never gets old! Electrocute, burn, melt in acid, bludgeon, slice and my personal favorite: jump kicking zombies into, off of and out of things. When you kick a zombie out of a second story window, just to see them smash on a car below and destroy the winshield...wish I had clipped that one. Dying Light took everything and gave it a serious tone, zapped the fun out of the game. Dead Island 2 puts fun first and it is a fun game, you will also die. The game isn't hard, but its really easy for two or three zombies to get out of hand, especially since enemies scale with you.

I've also had a lot of fun with Dead Island 2's F.L.E.S.H. System which allows you to knock off pieces of zombies while you damage and kill them. You'll see heads come off, brains come out, I punched a zombie until his eyes were dangling out of his head, this alone will provide you with ample entertainment. Although I loved this prequel, this isn't the kind of game I play anymore, but this game has taken up a lot of my weekend. This is a must play, coming from someone who doesn't like horror games (this is more tongue and cheek) or action/melee games like this one.

4 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I don't get the hate for the game, especially from people who loved Skyrim/Fallout 4 (I didn't love those). I'm sure there will be a mod later, but I wish they had put in an option to play as a classic RPG. As in, you pick your character (merc, trader, researcher, pirate, etc) and you play as that.

So after spending some time with Dead Island 2, I must say that if you enjoyed the first game (I adored it), this is a must buy. I've put about 12 hours into the (I play videogames very slowly), so I don't know how long it is, but I enjoy it. I find it funny that after the first Dead Island, everyone looked down on it and thought if Dying Light as the essential upgrade. I hate Dying Light, Dead Island 2 does everything Dead Island and Dying Light tried to do better than either game combined.

First of all, there is so many ways to kill zombies that it never gets old! Electrocute, burn, melt in acid, bludgeon, slice and my personal favorite: jump kicking zombies into, off of and out of things. When you kick a zombie out of a second story window, just to see them smash on a car below and destroy the winshield...wish I had clipped that one. Dying Light took everything and gave it a serious tone, zapped the fun out of the game. Dead Island 2 puts fun first and it is a fun game, you will also die. The game isn't hard, but its really easy for two or three zombies to get out of hand, especially since enemies scale with you.

I've also had a lot of fun with Dead Island 2's F.L.E.S.H. System which allows you to knock off pieces of zombies while you damage and kill them. You'll see heads come off, brains come out, I punched a zombie until his eyes were dangling out of his head, this alone will provide you with ample entertainment. Although I loved this prequel, this isn't the kind of game I play anymore, but this game has taken up a lot of my weekend. This is a must play, coming from someone who doesn't like horror games (this is more tongue and cheek) or action/melee games like this one.

You're making me ponder Dead Island 2.  I played Dying Light and it was a game that did so many things right and a few things so horribly wrong that really hurt the experience.

4 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

You're making me ponder Dead Island 2.  I played Dying Light and it was a game that did so many things right and a few things so horribly wrong that really hurt the experience.

There might still be a free play going on, I'm out of town until tomorrow so I can't check to see if mine is still active. Here is a video on the F.L.E.S.H. system.

10 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Dang. Hopefully they'll release a GotY edition by the time I get around to playing it. 🤣

Wasn't the Cuperpunk DLC around that pice? 

Cyberpunk 2077 DLC is $30, but I heard it was top notch, it was on sale for $25 last week. I should've gotten it then.

I have no interest in Elden Ring or anymore souls like games, they're all pretty much the same and I'm over it. I've heard Armor Core was excellent, but isn't a full on souls like, so I might try that instead.

• Thumb up 1

Elden Ring is a bit different in that it is open world, and they did such an incredible job with that aspect. It's also HUUUUUUUGGGGEEEE in scope size as far as map goes.  

I had lost interest in it and the DLC coming out over 2 years after the game came out is just so far away that I had no interest.  But then I watched the trailer and I'm back in lol.  I like NEVER buy DLC but I will most likely be buying it especially in the summer when gaming is usually pretty dead anyways.