Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm finally putting a dent in Assassin's Creed: Valhalla qhile on vacation, and for the love of God, this game is just absurdly long. I can't think of many quests that I've even halfway cared about, especially his dreamwalking stuff, where it feels like God Of War lite beer.

At this point, I'm just slogging thru it, for continuity's sake.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

My bro in law also annoyed me with a massive spoiler, so I'm kinda already grouch-playing this to begin with

They're all the same with minor differences, you've played one, you basically played them all. I really tried to like Odyssey, but there really isn't much there. Wide ocean, but pretty shallow.

Thats why I don't get all the excitement for this new Star Wars game, its your typical Disney trash painted onto the same "Ubisoft open world", paint by numbers videogame. I wish people would stop buying this junk and maybe they would stop making this ****. At least don't buy it on day one, it will be on sale after 3 months for half price anyways.

• Like 1

playing Fallout 3 for the first time due to the new Amazon series coming out

It's okay so far. Not like your typical fps where you can easily find ammo. No, in this game ammo is a chore

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

playing Fallout 3 for the first time due to the new Amazon series coming out

It's okay so far. Not like your typical fps where you can easily find ammo. No, in this game ammo is a chore

Play Fallout 3, so you can play Fallout: New Vegas and fully understand how much better that game is compared to Fallout 3 or 4. 

P.S. You'll find more ammo as you get further into the game, I remember thinking that too when I played F3.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Simmsy said:

They're all the same with minor differences, you've played one, you basically played them all. I really tried to like Odyssey, but there really isn't much there. Wide ocean, but pretty shallow.

Thats why I don't get all the excitement for this new Star Wars game, its your typical Disney trash painted onto the same "Ubisoft open world", paint by numbers videogame. I wish people would stop buying this junk and maybe they would stop making this ****. At least don't buy it on day one, it will be on sale after 3 months for half price anyways.

The older ones were great, and totally unlike the  rpg centric ones, which have been pretty meh for me.

I’ve been so bored with games lately. I must have started and stopped about 10 of them. I think it’s me and not the games.

But I do feel I haven’t really gotten a next gen experience outside of Returnal and maybe R&C. Where’s all the game using the controllers to the fullest? 

i feel like the PS5 is PS4.6. It’s above PS4 pro, but I don’t feel games have changed much at all. 

I’m hard to entertain, so maybe I’m just being difficult about the whole situation.

It might be game overload with ps+ and I own about 60. I’m going to let ps+ lapse next month and just focus on the 12 games I’ve purchased and haven’t played yet. 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I’ve been so bored with games lately. I must have started and stopped about 10 of them. I think it’s me and not the games.

But I do feel I haven’t really gotten a next gen experience outside of Returnal and maybe R&C. Where’s all the game using the controllers to the fullest? 

i feel like the PS5 is PS4.6. It’s above PS4 pro, but I don’t feel games have changed much at all. 

I’m hard to entertain, so maybe I’m just being difficult about the whole situation.

It might be game overload with ps+ and I own about 60. I’m going to let ps+ lapse next month and just focus on the 12 games I’ve purchased and haven’t played yet. 

Some of my problem is that the console market feels saturated with games that play too similarly. Then I don't feel compelled to play or finish them quickly.

I doubt I'd even be in a rush to play something like the next Grand Theft Auto.

I want something new and innovative, and risky.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

That is kind of why I am happy I am into competitive fighting games.  I have basically played SF6 daily (when I have time of course) since it came out last June.  And I plan on continuing doing that because it's just something I really enjoy trying to get better at.

I don't think I have played a PS5 game since that came out.  I've played some stuff on Switch but that's it I think.  I tried the demo of Stellar Blade but in general that is not my kind of game so I won't be getting it.  Most likely I'll get Elden Ring DLC this summer though.  

I also think I'll be getting No Rest For the Wicked.  That game looks fantastic and both Ori games were 10/10 for me.  The early access starts tomorrow actually but I don't PC game.  I think it's May for the rest of us.

Edited by purbeast
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Play Fallout 3, so you can play Fallout: New Vegas and fully understand how much better that game is compared to Fallout 3 or 4. 

P.S. You'll find more ammo as you get further into the game, I remember thinking that too when I played F3.

Yeah ammo will eventually not be a problem. I think part of the idea is to make you feel that "everything is scarce until you're royalty" wasteland vibe. 

Interesting take on NV, in that most people consider it to be weaker than 3 and 4 from what I understand.  (I don't have strong opinions, I liked them all.)

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Been feeling the same way, so I've been exploring genres I generally don't like or play as of late. I've actually been writing a post of several mini reviews of those games that I've bought and have been playing. I suggest trying the same thing, pick a genre you don't normally like or play very often and try a different game.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Yeah ammo will eventually not be a problem. I think part of the idea is to make you feel that "everything is scarce until you're royalty" wasteland vibe. 

Interesting take on NV, in that most people consider it to be weaker than 3 and 4 from what I understand.  (I don't have strong opinions, I liked them all.)

NV has been considered one of the best Fallout games from quite a few people and it has a very interesting story behind it's development. It had a terrible launch, so it's initial reviews weren't great. I remember it almost setting my gaming pc on fire when I tried to play it without any patches.

I’ve tried many games from many genres. That’s part of the great thing about plus. I’ve never been caught up in sticking to certain genres. A good game to me is a good game. 

i say that, but i typically don’t like the souls games. I love their worlds though. I’m about 10 hours into Elden Ring and haven’t played in the past week because I don’t have the motivation to keep going.

My problem with Elden Ring right now is I don’t see a point in doing much anything. There are boss fights, but it seems like you can skip them for now. I also have weapons I don’t know how to equip. I have the proper dexterity and strength, etc, but it won’t let me equip. 

what’s the point except grinding for souls over and over? And I want a better weapon darn it! 

but with most games right now I feel I’ve been there and done that. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

Unicorn Overlord is pretty legit. You "code" your own strategies and priorities and is just a different kind of experience.

Getting a lot of burn on that right now.

Playing on expert. Wasn't too difficult so far for the most part, but the difficulty is certainly ramping up at about the 70% mark. It does not help that I run practically every unit which spreads out the XP.

I like tactic games that can bring something a little different so I've been eating good recently with P5 Tactica and UO.

Watering it down with Helldivers 2. Shallow, but very easy mindless fun.

Game feels like it knows its a game too, and that is refreshing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I’ve tried many games from many genres. That’s part of the great thing about plus. I’ve never been caught up in sticking to certain genres. A good game to me is a good game. 

i say that, but i typically don’t like the souls games. I love their worlds though. I’m about 10 hours into Elden Ring and haven’t played in the past week because I don’t have the motivation to keep going.

My problem with Elden Ring right now is I don’t see a point in doing much anything. There are boss fights, but it seems like you can skip them for now. I also have weapons I don’t know how to equip. I have the proper dexterity and strength, etc, but it won’t let me equip. 

what’s the point except grinding for souls over and over? And I want a better weapon darn it! 

but with most games right now I feel I’ve been there and done that. 

There is a "main path" in Elden Ring.  It sounds like the stuff you are doing isn't along the main path although doing that will help you level up to be able to be more powerful at bosses along the main path.

Check out Demon Souls on PS5 if you haven't.  It's linear so you don't really have the openness of Elden Ring that can definitely make you feel lost at times.   That was my first "souls" experienced and I thought it was awesome.

Edited by purbeast

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Bethesda should really consider remasters for Fallout 3 and New Vegas. 

Truly. I booted it up briefly on PSPlus, and I nearly went blind. Those graphics pretty harsh back when it came out. Now? Whoof. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Bethesda should really consider remasters for Fallout 3 and New Vegas. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Truly. I booted it up briefly on PSPlus, and I nearly went blind. Those graphics pretty harsh back when it came out. Now? Whoof. 

Fallout 4 is getting a next gen update very soon. I'd expect 3 and Vegas to get the same, or better. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The older ones were great, and totally unlike the  rpg centric ones, which have been pretty meh for me.

I played Assassin's Creed 1, it killed the entire genre for me. At some point, it turned into getting mobbed by packs of 10 or so guards and running across rooftops, then go into a building, run around a little more, and kill someone so that I can talk to him for a bit.

I tried to get into Black Flag. I just couldn't stick with it. It's mobs but with guns. I tried Shadow of Mordor because I love Lord of the Rings. I couldn't play it either. There's only so many buildings and walls to climb, so many haystacks to jump into, so many dying orcs and people to have full 5 minute conversations with, before it feels like I've been there, done that.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

35 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Fallout 4 is getting a next gen update very soon. I'd expect 3 and Vegas to get the same, or better. 

Yes sir!  Was just about to mention this.  Download FO4 just the other day and was gonna play some before the big update.  

New Vegas was definitely my favorite, we've never had that many options and factions before.  Of course 3 & 4 are awesome too.

Fallout 76 is so friggin fun, I still play every single day since its launch in 2018.  The idea of playing Fallout online with friends is something I'd ways dreamed of.  And there's an influx of noobs since the show, poor low levels are getting wrecked in PVP and falling victim to trap bases 🤣.

The basebuilding in 76 is amazing.  Just tamed a deathclaw as a pet the other day.  

IMG_20240417_132615.jpg.1b25f3920de9b3db32d84b2eba9cc90a.jpg

Edited by Chew
  • Like 2

My game playing has gone to a crawl. Most of my time I spend organizing or participating in racing leagues. A tiny sliver of time is spent on other games. Brothers in Arms makes me weep for what could have been. Skyrim is the same dungeons all over again, but I can make people love or hate me, so it keeps me a little bit invested. I want to try other games, but I don't feel like devoting the time to learning them or what I know will require a significant investment of time. Like Napoleon Total War, the game that all my friends were playing 5 years ago, but I never could grasp.