Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just now, KDawg said:

So there i was at 3pm on the Walmart website.

I got through! It added to my cart.

Holy cow! It’s letting me get to check out even! This is my moment...

Loads for 5 minutes, sold out message...

I hate you all.

I was going to say that embracing this new thread would be good karma, endowing you with a blessing from the Console Gods

Guess not

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

So which is it, Xbox or ps5?  I’ve long preferred PC but I’m considering a console now, so that I can introduce my small child to video game violence when her mother isn’t looking.  

I may just use my largely unspent stimulus money and get both, but no doubt, my heart and soul is going into PS5. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, purbeast said:

SWEET!

Now you ****ing millenials can't cry when I talk about my arcade games!!!

I’m surprised arcades with consoles haven’t caught on.  Talking **** in person is far more fun, and with esports catching on you’d think the nerds would have cause to congregate again.  

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

I’m surprised arcades with consoles haven’t caught on.  Talking **** in person is far more fun, and with esports catching on you’d think the nerds would have cause to congregate again.  

They do have places like this.  You go and pay an hourly fee or flat fee and just play.  Where they have a bunch of consoles setup and you go in and it's just like a gaming center.  I used to go to a few different ones when I was really into Street Fighter 4 and play in tournaments and casuals.  It's a ton of fun.

But the whole covid thing has probably ruined that whole business.

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Did @Mr. Sinister break it?

Since you asked...

Namco games like Time Crisis and Point Blank don't use the standard JAMMA connector like most games of that era do. 

So I am in the process of making a harness that converts it to JAMMA, which is that green connector you see dangling there.  And then I wired up a separate harness for the gun and pedal, where you can see the plugs with nothing connected to them.  

Right now the game works but the gun isn't registering.  And I think it's a monitor issue of mine based on what I have heard.  So I'm going to have to replace a resistor in my monitor in order to get it working. 

Fun stuff!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Ahh, nothing's quite scratched that Time Crisis itch. 

You a fan of the game?

I know it won't live up to the hype I am building but I used to love the game.  The thing I do loove about it is that it's all time based so you can always try to beat your previous time.  I'm super competitive with **** like that.

Having an actual legit Time Crisis pedal feels awesome too.  Too bad I don't have a legit TC gun though.  Those are a pain in the ass to keep working from what I've read, and they just aren't compatible with everything else I have.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah I played the hell out of the arcade version as a youngin. Arcade shooters like it, and Virtua Cop were all the shooting games I really played, until RE3: Nemesis

Yeah I REALLY wish Virtua Cop didn't use the Sega Model 2 hardware.  That stuff is virtually not compatible with JAMMA.  Virtua Cop (OG one) is one of my all time favorite shooters.  I would LOVE to have that in my multi light gun game cabinet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

So which is it, Xbox or ps5?  I’ve long preferred PC but I’m considering a console now, so that I can introduce my small child to video game violence when her mother isn’t looking.  

what are you into playing or what do you think your child would want to play? 

I think the consoles end up being a wash at the end of the day. Most people won’t notice the graphical differences. 

xbox gives you a lot of bang for your buck with gamepass for $15 which gives you a ton of games to download and play. Might be good way to try out a ton of games and see what they like without having to drop $60+ and return/trade them if they don’t like it. It’ll also have a lot of the Xbox exclusives available at launch saving the $70 there. 

PS5 is untouchable with its exclusives though but a lot of them may not be dutiable for a child yet. 

Part of my reasoning for wanting an X is to play all the Halo stuff again, to play the Star Wars KOTOR, and because of the deal with Bethesda/Obsidian.

That will be way down the road tho, considering those Bethesda titles won't be ready for another few years at least, and who knows how much longer, due to covid.

While I have absolutely zero interest in Game Pass Ultimate, my brother snagged an XSX bundle with extra controller from Costco for his 9 and 6 year old.  I told him about the Game Pass Ultimate and I think that would be a fantastic idea for him.  This will be his and his kids first experience with Xbox so there are just so many games they will have access to for a Netflix like subscription.