Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, I bought "Jump King" for $5, its an 8 bit, platformer where you have to get the top. Sounds easy, right? Jump to the top, you win. Its purposely frustratating, I knew this going in, so I'm having fun with it (only rage quit once). Haven't lost my **** like these guys:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

image.jpeg.a92e295935b6f236d32a9a4c6afdc2a3.jpeg

Have to be in consideration

I thought Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball on N64 was the best baseball game of all time.  

I also really enjoyed  Backyard Baseball on NES back in the day.  Triple Play on PSX was also fantastic.

The pitching/hitting in it was the most fun little mini-game of any of the baseball games IMO in Griffey.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Quick poll. Does anyone give 2 ****s about the Fallout tv show?  Fallout is literally my favorite franchise and i do not give a single ****. Ill watch the first episode, but hopes are very medium. 

It has Walton Goggins so it gives me hope.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Quick poll. Does anyone give 2 ****s about the Fallout tv show?  Fallout is literally my favorite franchise and i do not give a single ****. Ill watch the first episode, but hopes are very medium. 

I think it has promise. I love the games but I'm not invested in the show. I'll watch it and hope it's good, and if not no big deal. 

(I never watched The Witcher, Game of Thrones, etc. Just not a big TV guy.)

Side note, who's playing Helldivers? Game is fun as heck.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Target also has 10% off on their Target giftcards next Saturday (13th). Usually can buy up to $300, and sometimes people have Target offers with other credit cards (Discover has in the past given 5% back). 

Good way to score 10-15% discounts on new games or whatever. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just wrapped up Alone in the Dark for the ps5. As one that played the original, it was a trip down memory lane. But truthfully, as a remake, I was unimpressed.  It felt rushed and not as impressive as some the remakes out there such as RE, Dead Space, TLOU, etc.

Could've been done better, but it's worth a play if you enjoyed the original.

HTTR!

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Can anyone recommend a 3 player local coop game that I can play with my kids?  Preferably one where we are on the same team. They really liked Streets of Rage but we’ve run through it 10 times. 

Super Mario 3D World

New Super Mario Brothers

Super Mario Wonder (pretty sure it is 4 player)

Super Mario Kart

Mario Party

48 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Can anyone recommend a 3 player local coop game that I can play with my kids?  Preferably one where we are on the same team. They really liked Streets of Rage but we’ve run through it 10 times. 

There are a few TMNT games you could get.

21 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Have gone through the TMNT games. Trying to get them into Mariokart. What is Mario Party about @purbeast?

Also did Zombie Vikings but it kinda sucks. 

Mario Party is a board game where you pick Mario characters and compete on various Mario themed maps/boards to collect the most stars at the end of the number of turns you select. It’s a lot of fun. Depending on what color space everyone lands on, after each round (after every player has a turn) you’ll play a mini game and it could be all working together split teams or free for all. The winners of the mini games win coins that can be used to buy stars, warp locations, power ups etc. the mini games are random and there are a ton of different ones. They’re a blast too, most are pretty creative. Some are sports related, some are hiding from other characters, or working together to paddle a kayak around obstacles, blowing up balloons, etc

Games are pretty fun but the mini games can be tricky with the controls. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Thanks 1

Super Mario Party on the Switch was kinda dull in the board-game aspect, though it had some fun mini-games.  Mario Party Superstars, though, was supposed to be kind of a best-of Mario party bringing back the great boards and minigames from the old Mario Party games on the N64.  I haven't played Superstars, though, so I can't personally confirm.

There's also Overcooked is another option for a multiplayer co-op game, as you try to fill orders in your kitchen.

Rayman Legends is a great co-op platformer with a zany art-style, though some of its levels can be really punishing.

Snipperclips plus is a silly little co-op physics puzzle game as you use your character to cut shapes out of the other characters and then use those new body shapes to interact with the environment.  Definitely something unique and worth trying with kids.

Mario Maker 2 allows you and the kids to make your own courses or play other peoples' courses (and has a bunch of courses made by nintendo), and it supports simultaneous multiplayer.  Apparently even the level-creator allows for two people to work on the level simultaneously.

Kirby's Return To Dreamland Deluxe for a classic 2D Kirby adventure full of abilities to copy.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Have gone through the TMNT games. Trying to get them into Mariokart. What is Mario Party about @purbeast?

Also did Zombie Vikings but it kinda sucks. 

They've already told you about Mario Party so I won't go into it much more.  I have both of them on Switch. I honestly don't remember the difference between them aside from different mini games, but I can tell you, with the normal one (not Superstars), it can take a while to finish.  There is A LOT of downtime in that game between mini games.  Just everything moves slow and you see the same repetitive menus and there is no way to speed it up.  I think the lowest score you can play is a 10 turn game, and that takes like 45-60 mins to finish.  Even if you play 1 player, the CPU plays the other 3 characters so it's always 4 players.  

But, I enjoyed playing it with my son because he's into it and it was a way for us to spend time together.  I'd be lying though if I said sometimes after a while that game didn't feel like a drag.

However, you can also just play the mini games without the whole board game aspect if you want, so just keep that in mind.

• Thanks 1

An "out of the box" suggestion would be Baba Is You.  It is single player but it is a very strange puzzle game that you could all work together to try and solve.  One person would be controlling it though but then you all could just work together to solve the puzzles.  I will say though, it gets VERY difficult later on.  I actually never finished it because I got stuck on it.  

Mario Strikers is another one I just thought about.  It's the Mario soccer game.  There isn't much to it as far as a lot of content but if you all like sports, you can all play together on a team.  I believe it's actually 3v3 and it's like Mario Kart for soccer.

I don't want to veer too far off the current topic, but I've heard good things about the new Fallout series, so I plant to eat a brownie and check that out tonight. Also, my man Walton Goggins is in it and I've heard he's a scene stealer in this one (what else is new?). I'm kinda excited, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

• Like 3

I love the games (aside from 76) and watched all of episode 1. It was very solid and had a lot of little details that only people very familiar with the lore will pick up, but you don’t lose the thread if you’ve never played the games.