Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok, so after spending way too much time with Humankind, I ****ing love this game. I'm mostly excited because I've never been a fan of 4X strategy games and I've finally found one I like. Its not even the most popular one, so I have an entire new genre to get explore. 

Normally when I play an RPG, I play as a nice guy. As a polite guy that will defend himself when necessary was not that person when I was in control of a country and had neighboring countries trying to pull some stuff on me. I minded my business for as long as I could, but one country started getting grabby with my stuff, so we went to war. I decimated them. The game won't let you take all of their stuff (there is a great system for that), so I took a small piece of land and made the whole country my vassal, they all work for me. My vassals don't like being my vassals anymore and another country is starting to give me the side eye, might have to do some more conquering...I'll be taking all of the land this time around.

Anyways, I love this game and its taken over my life, not bad for a game with a 70% avg rating. I guess I'll check out Civilization when I'm done with Humankind.

• Thumb up 1

I played the Humankind tutorial when the game came out on gamepass. That and Dawn of Man are two I need to make time for. I'm sure they're both yuge time burglars like civilization has always been. 

I need recommendations for Baldurs Gate 3 builds? Played about ten or so hours as a fighter to get a feel for the game. Unfortunately the fighter class was boring me in combat. Thinking about starting over with a mixed bard class when I get back home. 🤓

11 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

If rumors are true, Nintendo is apparently doing the right thing with the Switch 2 and making it with physically and digitally compatible with the OG Switch. 🤞

I place very little into Nintendo rumors.  Nintendo's very good at keeping information tight, and there's always a whole bunch of BS speculation.  Also I really want the next console to do something new and open up new possibilities in gaming.

5 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I place very little into Nintendo rumors.  Nintendo's very good at keeping information tight, and there's always a whole bunch of BS speculation.  Also I really want the next console to do something new and open up new possibilities in gaming.

Yeah but they are cutting corners already by allegedly going backwards from the OLED Switch screen. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

18 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Them goblins gonna be in bigly troubles nows what with my eight intelligence and eight wisdom. I'm gonna mock them so viciously they won't know what's what. Lute solo! 🎶🤪🤘

You talking about Baldur's Gate 3?

Also, Dead Island 2 has a free trial until Monday on Xbox. I absolutely adored the first one and put WAAAYYY too many hours into that damn. Been playing the new one for an hour and I love it, I might have to put this down and wait until it goes back on sale and use my points (it was just on sale last week, should've gotten it then).

21 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Them goblins gonna be in bigly troubles nows what with my eight intelligence and eight wisdom. I'm gonna mock them so viciously they won't know what's what. Lute solo! 🎶🤪🤘

What system?

On 2/12/2024 at 1:03 AM, Captain Wiggles said:

I need recommendations for Baldurs Gate 3 builds? Played about ten or so hours as a fighter to get a feel for the game. Unfortunately the fighter class was boring me in combat. Thinking about starting over with a mixed bard class when I get back home. 🤓

So you don't need to start over. You can completely respec your character. There is an NPC that lets you do it. I don't wanna spoil anything but you can unlock him very early on. 

I played Druid and really enjoyed it. You can cover healing, melee DPS/tank, ranged DPS/CC, and healing all in one essentially, although you're not really amazing at any of them. But its useful to fill holes that your party might have in any given situation(e.g. you need an extra tank, you can shapeshift to a bear, if you need an extra range you can stay in normal form and cast spells, etc.).

• Thumb up 1

15 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

So you don't need to start over. You can completely respec your character. There is an NPC that lets you do it. I don't wanna spoil anything but you can unlock him very early on. 

I found him early on. Was disappointed I couldn't use him as a party member. Also his hired goons list is the lacking. 

I wanted to start over with a bard also to kinda see what if anything would be different. Plus my fighter did unspeakable things in the goblin camp. 😈