Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have a massive backlog of games that needs to be played. Been working with a Yankees save in franchise of MLB The Show 23. Yankees went 100-63 and swept Cleveland 2-0 in the wild card round. Somehow Cleveland traded Tristian McKenzie to Washington for MacKenzie Gore and Dylan Crews. The AI needs serious trade logic overhaul, no way Crews is traded in his 1st or 2nd year.

Anyway we are in the ALDS now and Yankees with a 1-0 series lead winning 1-0 last night. Rotation is overhauled with Cy Young winner Carlos Rodon, Shane Bieber, Clayton Kershaw, Gerrit Cole and Nestor Cortes.

17 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Got an Xbox Series S a while back, gonna upgrade to a Series X (xmas present).  Any games on there that are glorious on the X but not on the S, in 4K?

No rec on games but it's definitely a good time to pick up an extra controller.

Bestbuy has them for $40.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Silly little story about videogames.  When Fortnite was released my son (age 12-13) was going through middle school social issues and we pulled him out of school.  I remember my wife and I wondering if were doing the right thing by "unschooling him".  During that time he was doing independent study, but mostly for about one year we let him "de-stress" at home playing Fortnite.  Don't tell any educators. 

Over time, for a long period, we let him take over our big screen TV (we were old school and only had one) and our family got into the habit of watching him play videogames --  specifically Fortnite. I swear it took him 4 or 5 months to actually get a win also.  

He came back from his first semester at college and decided to hop on Fortnite with his buddy.  Just watched them play a couple of games of duos... took me back to that time.  Not sure all we did was healthy and recommended but you navigate family life the best you can and video games are his escape. 

I would always buy a new controller with the Black Friday controller deals.  

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

"Daughter of Fergasun" and I just had a Fortnite LAN party.  Our family hadn't touched the game in years until 2 weeks ago in the post above. 

Apparantly they made a ton of changes...but recently reverted back to OG Fortnite.  This is what my family remembers "Fornite" being. 

That original game was so hard. I never got a win when it came out on XBOX.  Recently I have been getting wins, especially with "build removed" mode -- which turns it into a simple FPS. 

Watching my kids have the mental capacity to do FPS mechanics and building mechanics was insane... and I have so much trouble turning off the "Its a FPS! its a FPS!"  from my brain.  So glad the did add a FPS mode.

• Thumb up 1

12 hours ago, Fergasun said:

"Daughter of Fergasun" and I just had a Fortnite LAN party.  Our family hadn't touched the game in years until 2 weeks ago in the post above. 

Apparantly they made a ton of changes...but recently reverted back to OG Fortnite.  This is what my family remembers "Fornite" being. 

That original game was so hard. I never got a win when it came out on XBOX.  Recently I have been getting wins, especially with "build removed" mode -- which turns it into a simple FPS. 

Watching my kids have the mental capacity to do FPS mechanics and building mechanics was insane... and I have so much trouble turning off the "Its a FPS! its a FPS!"  from my brain.  So glad the did add a FPS mode.

I just got into it last year when I learned about no build mode. It’s a great shooter and has a unique feel that nothing else matches. I love all the events and other fun stuff there is to do. I solved a temple puzzle and unlocked Indiana Jones, I was watching DBZ episodes off planet, tracking down and fighting Darth Vader. All kinds of fun stuff. 

• Like 1

@Momma There Goes That Man

Two questions.  Because it seems our family is not unique in coming back...

1) Did you play the OG season and what did you think? 

2) What were the past couple of seasons like gameplay wise?  I read on Reddit a lot of new players making complants about the speed and lack of loot in OG. So it couldn't just be reverting back the map and adding vaulting.

Even adding vaulting and zero-build completly changes the dynamic.  For instance, vaulting made a whole lot more areas accessable without building up ramps.  And zero-build caters to the "My brain is too slow to comprehend the building mechanic people like me".  

But what I always loved about OG Fortnite was the fact that I could sneak around until the last 5....(and 99% of the time get killed).

2 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

2) What were the past couple of seasons like gameplay wise?  I read on Reddit a lot of new players making complants about the speed and lack of loot in OG. So it couldn't just be reverting back the map and adding vaulting.

Even adding vaulting and zero-build completly changes the dynamic.  For instance, vaulting made a whole lot more areas accessable without building up ramps.  And zero-build caters to the "My brain is too slow to comprehend the building mechanic people like me".  

But what I always loved about OG Fortnite was the fact that I could sneak around until the last 5....(and 99% of the time get killed).

I never played original fortnite cuz I hated the building aspect. I actually haven’t played OG yet since they brought it back so can’t speak on any changes to the new map and mechanics.

I’m not understanding the Final Fantasy stuff. I’ve never played, but I thought I would give it a try. On ps+ I can download Final Fantasy VII. You can also download Final Fantasy VII Remake/Intergrade. I don’t know the difference between the two. 

Now they are advertising a new FinalFantasy VII Remake/Intergrade and a Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. WTF? I’m just not getting it. These new ones are supposed to be out at the end of February. What makes them different? 

Also, does FF 16 play like Devil May Cry? It looks interesting, but I really don’t like Devil May Cry combat for more than about 3-4 hours and then I just find it tedious and boring. I get bored easily in life. I don’t want to plop $40-$50 on it just to get bored after a few hours.

Also, should I 0lay other FFs first? Or just give these a shot. 

Thank you for those that know and reply.

14 hours ago, Fergasun said:

There's a lot more stuff to interact with on the map now. NPCs that sell you items and/or join your party, various side quests to do, etc. It's all optional but it makes it a much more interesting game than what it was originally.  (I played a bit back in the day and I play occasionally now with my son.) 

Totally agree with people saying the game is much better now. I play zero build as well. 

7 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

There's a lot more stuff to interact with on the map now. NPCs that sell you items and/or join your party, various side quests to do, etc. It's all optional but it makes it a much more interesting game than what it was originally.  (I played a bit back in the day and I play occasionally now with my son.) 

Totally agree with people saying the game is much better now. I play zero build as well. 

not sure if it’s different now but those things have been in there awhile. And that’s one of the best things about it is all the other stuff you can do, the challenges, all the fun little things you can find out in the world in between shooting 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

not sure if it’s different now but those things have been in there awhile. And that’s one of the best things about it is all the other stuff you can do, the challenges, all the fun little things you can find out in the world in between shooting 

Fergasun was asking about what the game is like now, because when he last played that stuff wasn't in it. 

• Like 1

Well, "Daughter of Fergasun" and I played it. Really great idea for them to do the OG map to attract some of the old players back. 

She loves to play ranked duos... we were landing on the train and then one of the locations with high loot and traffic (Tennis Courts).  Of course about 50% of the time, we died in the first stages, but lots of fun.  

They have added quite a few things and mechanics we don't understand... and one time we ended up at a location with a ton of non playable characters and other duos on us.  It was a huge mansion compound and we ended up killing everyone plus the cpu players.  

We have come a long way from Doom/DWANGO, Duke Nukem, Quake, etc.  

• Like 1

Vice City is by far their best location ever used so I’m happy it’s returning. I’ve never found the narratives of GTA very good and I genuinely hated the campaign of 5 including all 3 characters, though the world was amazing. 

hope this one redeems it a bit for me. Looking for RDR2 just set in modern Miami. That’s all I need

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1