Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

On 11/1/2023 at 3:35 PM, purbeast said:

You referring to hardware or software?

I'm curious because either way, I disagree lol.

Both, I guess. I was a huge Nintendo fanboy, but the last Nintendo system I owned was the original DS. Long story short, I didn't like the casual/gimmick gaming direction they took with their consoles. I didn't mind using the stylus on the DS (even when it was unnecessary), but waving my arms around like an idiot to do something like choose my avatar...is a bit much...so I didn't get a Wii. No one knew what a Wii U was, so I didn't get that either. I've been out of the Nintendo game ever since.

We have one in the house, but no one really plays it anymore. I enjoyed Mario Odyssey and some others, but Nintendo first party games don't sell me on a system anymore.

4 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Both, I guess. I was a huge Nintendo fanboy, but the last Nintendo system I owned was the original DS. Long story short, I didn't like the casual/gimmick gaming direction they took with their consoles. I didn't mind using the stylus on the DS (even when it was unnecessary), but waving my arms around like an idiot to do something like choose my avatar...is a bit much...so I didn't get a Wii. No one knew what a Wii U was, so I didn't get that either. I've been out of the Nintendo game ever since.

We have one in the house, but no one really plays it anymore. I enjoyed Mario Odyssey and some others, but Nintendo first party games don't sell me on a system anymore.

Their first party titles are far from gimmicky.  Yeah some of the Wii stuff was for sure, but it also had some great games.  Mario Galaxy were fantastic games.  I was never a fan of Zelda though.

Switch has so many good first party titles.  It's by far the console I own the most games for, granted it's not the one I play the most since it's usually just single player games and then I'm done with them.

Mario Odyssey is probably the best game on it IMO though.

49 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Their first party titles are far from gimmicky.  Yeah some of the Wii stuff was for sure, but it also had some great games.  Mario Galaxy were fantastic games.  I was never a fan of Zelda though.

Switch has so many good first party titles.  It's by far the console I own the most games for, granted it's not the one I play the most since it's usually just single player games and then I'm done with them.

Mario Odyssey is probably the best game on it IMO though.

I bought Mario Maker 2, but I don't get enough time on the Switch to actually play it. I also wanted BOTW, but don't get the Switch enough to play it. Bought knockoff games that I can play on Xbox.

11 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I bought Mario Maker 2, but I don't get enough time on the Switch to actually play it. I also wanted BOTW, but don't get the Switch enough to play it. Bought knockoff games that I can play on Xbox.

I enjoyed BotW quite a bit but did not like TotK and didn't even finish it.  TotK is basically BotW 1.5, which I didn't know prior because I just steered clear of trailers and stuff, so that was disappointing.

Mario Maker 2 was awesome if you have the online service so you can play everyone's levels.

I always get the indie games on Switch because it's usually what I do when I fly away.  A couple months ago I got Blasphemous 2 on Switch so I could play it on my flights to/from Aruba, and I didn't finish it, so I'll be playing that and Mario Wonder on my flights to/from Belize at the end of this month.  Games like Blasphemous 2 are on all consoles but it's nice to play it on Switch on a flight and there is really no difference between the Switch and other versions since it's not like it's a graphics power hog.

Lebron controller anyone?

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/buy-accessories/dualsense-wireless-controller-lebron-james-limited-edition

image.jpeg

Edit: actually they are sold out. I was going to grab one because that is the cheapest I’ve seen a ps5 controller. I don’t care about the colors or Lebron 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

Wonder how Lebron feels about being deeply discounted…

next GTA trailer gonna drop next month…

Next month marks the 25th anniversary of Rockstar Games.

Thanks to the incredible support of our players worldwide, we have had the opportunity to create games we are truly passionate about — without you, none of this would be possible, and we are so grateful to all of you for sharing this journey with us.

In 1998, Rockstar Games was founded on the idea that video games could come to be as essential to culture as any other form of entertainment, and we hope that we have created games you love in our efforts to be part of that evolution.

We are very excited to let you know that in early December, we will release the first trailer for the next Grand Theft Auto. 

We look forward to many more years of sharing these experiences with all of you.

Thank you, 

Sam Houser

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Finished Spiderman 2. A tremendously fun game to play, the fighting and stealth mechanics work great and it’s just fun. The story….well….I kind of lost the thread about 2/3 through. It shifts from bad guy thread to bad guy thread without much build up, and it has the extremely annoying habit of giving the important plot information right in the middle of me fighting 25 guys. IM ****ING FOCUSED ON PROSECUTING GOONS AT THE MOMENT. Anyways, lots of fun.  

Started playing Mother Russia Bleeds and, woo boy. It’s Final Fight but with drugs and the occasional chain saw. My 3 year old loves it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Finished Super Mario Wonder today.  I played the whole game 2 player with my son.  Man what an amazing game.  It's quite a bit ahead of NSMB as far as 2D Mario games go.  It's just really damn good with such polish and charm.  I was super skeptical about it and thought the first trailer looked very strange, but damn I'm glad I got it.  If you have a Switch it's a must play IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PS Black Friday deals are live and they suck. I have $170 on my account and I was waiting for now to spend it and I was hoping for some really good deals but I think maybe that time has passed us by. Most games only get to $29.99 now. With the exception of Ubisoft, RE games and indies. 

Why is Sekiro still $29.99?  That game is several years old now. These prices are the same that you get with every other ps sale. I was hoping for BG3, but I’ll guess I’ll wait. I have tons of games to play anyways. It’s not that $30 is a bad deal for a game, but these games will continue to stay above what we are used to and when everything is all digital they won’t even have to have sales anymore. 

Spiderman 2 is incredible by the way. Absolutely love that game.

6 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

PS Black Friday deals are live and they suck. I have $170 on my account and I was waiting for now to spend it and I was hoping for some really good deals but I think maybe that time has passed us by. Most games only get to $29.99 now. With the exception of Ubisoft, RE games and indies. 

Why is Sekiro still $29.99?  That game is several years old now. These prices are the same that you get with every other ps sale. I was hoping for BG3, but I’ll guess I’ll wait. I have tons of games to play anyways. It’s not that $30 is a bad deal for a game, but these games will continue to stay above what we are used to and when everything is all digital they won’t even have to have sales anymore. 

Spiderman 2 is incredible by the way. Absolutely love that game.

I've had Sekiro in my wish list for years, it never drops below $30. I have Elden Ring now, so I feel no need for Sekiro anymore. They talked themselves out of a sale.