Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1. New Cyberpunk 2077 update released today! Have no idea what it is, but its supposed to be another big, but final update.

2. I wish they would make the new GTA6 more like RDR2 and less like GTA5. GTA 5 had an entire city with absolutely nothing to do in it.

Edited by Simmsy
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

It looks exactly as you'd expect GTA to look like in 2025, although I will be surprised if the final product actually does look that good in real time when it comes out. I am not a fan of trailers with zero game play as they do absolutely nothing for me. A lot of trailers in that format usually have some sort of caption like "in game engine" or something similar but noticed there is nothing like that here, so based on that and no game play, I'm skeptical of the graphics being that good in game play. Also pretty underwhelming they are using Vice City again for a whole new game.

But it's still just GTA which has the same tired formula to me. I look forward to the hilarious videos people post from the game though. In 2 years that is, if we're lucky lol.  I won't be surprised to see it in 2026 at the earliest.

I'm not that interested in GTA anymore.  GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas were all great.  4 and 5 pale in comparison.  Feels like they're trying to ride the coattails of that streak of games with returns to Liberty City, San Andreas, and Vice City respectively in 4, 5, and 6, but missing out on what made those games special.

• Thumb up 1

GTA5's story was nails on the chalkboard played up for laughs. RDR2 had its extreme moments, but it felt so much more down to earth. The people surrounding the main characters were people I cared about. The story for GTA6 looks like it could be interesting, but showing all those cell phone clips of Florida people doing Florida things makes me think it's most likely going to stay in GTA5's style.

• Thumb up 1

Baldur's Gate 3 is out on Xbox! Literally getting it now so I can play when I get home. I'm using my points, but this is the first game I've paid full price for since "Gun" came out on GameCube almost 20 years ago.

Another bonus, Spiderman 2 got snubbed at the game awards (BG3 xbox release was announced at the game awards), so I expect alot of "Pony Salt" and I expect the videos to be amazing.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I sold GOW a couple of weeks back. I didn’t know they were doing DLC. I thought they said they wouldn’t. I’m not going to buy the game again, but it does tick me off a little. Maybe I just missed any kind of announcement prior to the game awards. 

Going to finish up Spiderman 2 this week sometime. Then I have to decide which game to play next:

Remnant 2

BG3

Cyberpunk or

Elden Ring

On 12/5/2023 at 11:10 AM, NickyJ said:

GTA5's story was nails on the chalkboard played up for laughs. RDR2 had its extreme moments, but it felt so much more down to earth. The people surrounding the main characters were people I cared about. The story for GTA6 looks like it could be interesting, but showing all those cell phone clips of Florida people doing Florida things makes me think it's most likely going to stay in GTA5's style.

I would love a RDR2 style crime saga in GTA VI. I know GTA isn’t as serious as RDR and has all the commentary and satirical humor it’s famous for, but that’s what I’d hope for. Keep the humor but make a good story with characters that aren’t trash. They have the capacity for amazing storytelling im just not sure they’re interested in doing it with GTA and would rather use that for fun and to sell a **** ton of of items in the online side. Even my favorite GTA, Vice City, is just a parody of Scarface. Give me something to care about 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Starfield: Guys, I love this game, I don't get the hate for this game..but it seems to be coming from one side. I'm not going to feed into any console warring here, but I feel the hate is extreme. Starfield doesn't change the dynamics of gaming, but its far from a bad or average game. I don't get why people can play Skyrim for 15 years and Fallout 4 for almost ten, but have a problem with Starfield. Starfield does everything better than both of those games. I can understand the disappointment, but don't get the hate.

BG3: Not much to say about this game, do you like good games? Did you like Divinity? Go buy this game right now. Its collecting all of these game awards for a reason,  even though these awards aren't needed to validate a game's worth. There is so much in this game, I have no idea how the developers created this ever flowing storyline with never ending options. The amount of spells alone reminds me of my old days playing Morrowind and having endless spells to choose from.

Streets of Rogue: This game is weird, its a top down, retro, rogue like, immersive sim. Any type of explanation I give for this game will not do it justice, you're probably better off checking out a review on Youtube. You can also play as different characters, I just played as a cannibal and had a grand ole time.

10 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Starfield: Guys, I love this game, I don't get the hate for this game..but it seems to be coming from one side. I'm not going to feed into any console warring here, but I feel the hate is extreme. Starfield doesn't change the dynamics of gaming, but its far from a bad or average game. I don't get why people can play Skyrim for 15 years and Fallout 4 for almost ten, but have a problem with Starfield. Starfield does everything better than both of those games. I can understand the disappointment, but don't get the hate.

Is it still 30 fps on Xbox? I uninstalled it once I realized it was capped. Probably try it on PC at some point. 

Finally started playing Fallout 4 again tho because of it. Just like when i initially played it eight years ago I got bogged down doing the minutemen settlement building quests. Still never done any of the main quest. 

Hell even in Skyrims main quest I only ever got to the point where ya join the blades and meet the old dragon. I'm decades behind on so many things. 🤣

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Starfield: Guys, I love this game, I don't get the hate for this game..but it seems to be coming from one side. I'm not going to feed into any console warring here, but I feel the hate is extreme. Starfield doesn't change the dynamics of gaming, but its far from a bad or average game. I don't get why people can play Skyrim for 15 years and Fallout 4 for almost ten, but have a problem with Starfield. Starfield does everything better than both of those games. I can understand the disappointment, but don't get the hate

I haven’t played it but I think it’s just that it didn’t live up to the massive hype of a genre defining, pushing the medium forward type of game. Especially when you have a couple games this year that did that in TotK and BG3. 

• Thumb up 1

Finished up Bayonetta 3 and Spiderman 2.

Bayo-3 does a great job of building on its predecessor. On top of what you could do before, you can now summon a giant Demon to assist you at any time. The game also allows you to pretty rapidly regen your magic over time, instead of earning it back via stellar play. This change allows you to enter every fight at full capacity to do your most bat-s crazy moves. It makes the game itself easier, but you can start at crazy high difficulties if you still want the enhanced challenge. Overall its a stellar game, tho the story is not as good as B-2's.

Spiderman 2 scores massive points in everything except innovation. There is no strong attempt to alter the way you play, its just more of what is already loved. But what we love is great and the story was fantastic so its an incredible game. Bit more focus on combat over stealth this time around and the web-wings are a more than welcome addition to what was already awesome traversal. Had a blast with it. Plus they have said they are releasing a patch that fixes some of the nit-picks like not having re-playable missions/challenges.

Currently working my way thru Persona 5 Tactica and liking it a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Got a Sony gift certificate for Xmas and I guess I'm going to wait on Skull & Bones.  No idea what else to do with it. 

I'm hoping Rise of Ronin is good. But it's a March release. Which might still beat Skull and Bones. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thumb up 1

On 12/5/2023 at 6:02 AM, Simmsy said:

1. New Cyberpunk 2077 update released today! Have no idea what it is, but its supposed to be another big, but final update.

I finally got around to firing this one up… and two things have happened. I cannot remember how to play this game, and they changed everything. I have to learn this new perk and cyberware system.

im just going to start from zero again. This game is an all time great so it will be fun. 

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Destino said:

I finally got around to firing this one up… and two things have happened. I cannot remember how to play this game, and they changed everything. I have to learn this new perk and cyberware system.

im just going to start from zero again. This game is an all time great so it will be fun. 

Yeah, I had to relearn after the update as well, had to re-spec my skills and I couldn't remember what I had or what build I was going for. I don't like that they made gear only aesthetic, I like crafting. Also, they need to add another weapon slot.

• Thumb up 1