Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

9 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I've had Sekiro in my wish list for years, it never drops below $30. I have Elden Ring now, so I feel no need for Sekiro anymore. They talked themselves out of a sale.

Exactly the same here. I bought Elden Ring the last time it was on sale. Haven’t played it yet.

I love Sleeping Dogs! Wish they made a sequel. I know about the Yakuza games, just liked SD better

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

I WISH I could play Elden Ring for the first time again.  That game had some of the most "HOLY ****" moments I've ever experienced.  You are in for a treat.

At this point I don't even know if I'd get the DLC for it though.  My hype for that game died long ago and it's been almost 2 years and nothing about the DLC still.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Exactly the same here. I bought Elden Ring the last time it was on sale. Haven’t played it yet.

I love Sleeping Dogs! Wish they made a sequel. I know about the Yakuza games, just liked SD better

I liked Yakuza for a while too, but after a while I got sick of all of the side quests. I know you don't have to do them, but I'm one of those people that likes to do that kind of stuff. A little too much of nothing to do in Yakuza. I'm only about an hour into Sleeping Dogs and I like it so far, I can see the shell of True Crime in the game, another forgotten classic.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Can someone explain Cyberpunk 2077?  

Blade Runner-esque world made by the company that made The Witcher series.  Cybernetic implants, neon punk aesthetic, dark and gritty, kind of the classic 80s vision of a dystopian future. Plagued with crippling bugs on launch it fell out of favor, but recent patches have made it fully functional and it's getting rave reviews from people I trust now.  It'll be the next big game I tackle.

AAA Western RPG like Fallout, The Witcher, etc.  You choose a character path, level up, get new loot, make decisions, etc.  All the stuff you look for.

And guess what, it's not turn-based!

Edited by dfitzo53
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I bought it but haven’t played it yet. So, I can’t tell you the story or what it’s like to play. I know you are a mercenary and I think it’s first person.

But, I can tell you that when it was released it sucked and almost everyone hated it. A couple of weeks ago they gave an update to the game and now people are saying it’s a fantastic game that is a must play. 

I bought the PS4 version for $17 at GameStop. It’s a free upgrade to PS5. Just in case you want to save a $1. 

• Thanks 1

I feel like there is a Cyberpunk 2077 conversation every week now, I guess this game has finally arrived? Even though I think The Witcher games are some of the most overrated games in recent memory, I was looking forward to CP77. However, when I found out that the release was a scam, I laughed at CDPR, wrote it off as instant karma and went on with my life.

When I bought my XBX in June, I needed a game, so I got CP77. It was the version right before the major update and DLC, but if they had released that version I played at release...that game would've won GOTY.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

You're playing V a mercenary evolving in a dystopian city where technology is used to augment people through cybernetic implants. He's in troubles with a mega corp about an electronic implant which can store human personality.

28 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Sounds like the Deus Ex games.

I liked Deus Ex, I remember I played it in infiltration mode back then. Cyberpunk 2077 is more violent with tough street fights and even sex in a tank ! 😲😳

Edited by FrFan
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, FrFan said:

You're playing V a mercenary evolving in a dystopian city where technology is used to augment people through cybernetic implants. He's in troubles with a mega corp about an electronic implant which can store human personality.

Thank you.  A few follow up questions (for everybody):  Is it open-world?  Is it an RPG?  Is it a big, long game with lots of stuff to do?  Do I get to harm one or more religious factions?  Is it good, overall?

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Thank you.  A few follow up questions:  Is it open-world?  Is it an RPG?  Is it a big, long game with lots of stuff to do?  Do I get to harm one or more religious factions?  Is it good, overall?

You're welcome. Yes it is RPG, and open world (city and suburbs). There are a lot of missions/secondary quests, street fights vs local bad guys/girl. If you have a good video card it's very graphic, with beautiful night lights. I played it for a couple of weeks, I checked on the internet they say 30 hours only rushing through main mission, 60 hours full endeavor.

Edited by FrFan

It has an open world, GTA like city, set in the future. I don't want to say too much, just trust us and get this game. You can even play the game how you want like in Deus Ex, you can go guns blazing, stealth, non lethal, melee, etc. My guy rocks a pistol, an electrified katana and poisonous throwing knives. I never use melee in these kind of games, but its a lot of fun in Cyberpunk.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Got an Xbox Series S a while back, gonna upgrade to a Series X (xmas present).  Any games on there that are glorious on the X but not on the S, in 4K?

My understanding is that basically everything runs so much better on the X it might as well be a different system. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Best part of Cyberpunk.  Rolling up on a group of street punks commiting some crime with a seriously overpowered shotgun and laying waste to them.  I spent a few afternoons just doing that.  The story is ok, though I never connected with V like I did Geralt.  Overall a good time.  The recent changes to the character building UIs made it much better.  

There are few sniper friendly missions that are challenging and fun.

Edited by The 12th Commandment
  • Like 1