Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

I forgot this was even coming out. Hope it lives up to the original! 

Haven't played it yet, but everything I've heard is that it improves upon the original.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Returnal is phenomenal. But I know I'm never going to beat it because I can't stick with games like that for long enough. They get repetitive too quickly even though this game isn't all THAT repetitive yet it's designed to be repetitive. I know I said repetitive alot and that was repetitive but that was kind of the point here. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I finally sat down to play Nier: Automata. I made it to the end bosses of the tutorial, died at the boss (you're supposed to do some special evade move that the game doesn't tell you about...doesn't tell you about in the tutorial) and the game made me start ALL over again. I spent 45 minutes to get to that point, only to have to start over again because the game wouldn't let me save. I promptly uninstalled the game, **** that.

 

I installed Dragon Quest 11, anyone have any feelings on this game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

So, I finally sat down to play Nier: Automata. I made it to the end bosses of the tutorial, died at the boss (you're supposed to do some special evade move that the game doesn't tell you about...doesn't tell you about in the tutorial) and the game made me start ALL over again. I spent 45 minutes to get to that point, only to have to start over again because the game wouldn't let me save. I promptly uninstalled the game, **** that.


this is actually the hardest part of the game. Once you get beyond that point the game isn’t very difficult at all and focuses on the incredible world and story. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

So, I finally sat down to play Nier: Automata. I made it to the end bosses of the tutorial, died at the boss (you're supposed to do some special evade move that the game doesn't tell you about...doesn't tell you about in the tutorial) and the game made me start ALL over again. I spent 45 minutes to get to that point, only to have to start over again because the game wouldn't let me save. I promptly uninstalled the game, **** that.

 

I installed Dragon Quest 11, anyone have any feelings on this game?

That’s basically Returnal and why I’m probably going to trade it in. It’s one of the best games I’ve ever played but the time involved to... get nowhere... is tough to swallow 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KDawg said:

That’s basically Returnal and why I’m probably going to trade it in. It’s one of the best games I’ve ever played but the time involved to... get nowhere... is tough to swallow 

 

This is totally on my list to wait a year and buy it for 60% off when it goes on sale for PSN. It would p[iss me off to no end to have to replay everything once I lose, but if I got the game in a year for like 30 bucks it wouldn't be that bad. 

 

Speaking of which, anyone with PSN do yourself the favor and renew your PSN subscriptions now for more than half off. They have some promotion going where you use PLAYSTATION2021 as a coupon code and you can buy up to 3 years for only 90 bucks. No brainer if you use it as much as I do. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:


this is actually the hardest part of the game. Once you get beyond that point the game isn’t very difficult at all and focuses on the incredible world and story. 

Someone on another message board suggested changing the difficulty to easy, beating it and then changing it back to normal.

 

36 minutes ago, KDawg said:

That’s basically Returnal and why I’m probably going to trade it in. It’s one of the best games I’ve ever played but the time involved to... get nowhere... is tough to swallow 

Thats a rogue-like, like game, right? I've looked into it, but its Playstation only, so I can't play it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

Someone on another message board suggested changing the difficulty to easy, beating it and then changing it back to normal.

 

Thats a rogue-like, like game, right? I've looked into it, but its Playstation only, so I can't play it.

Yup. Rogue-like. I thought I’d be able to save mid run. They didn’t add that feature. So it’s pointless for me.

37 minutes ago, Llevron said:

 

This is totally on my list to wait a year and buy it for 60% off when it goes on sale for PSN. It would p[iss me off to no end to have to replay everything once I lose, but if I got the game in a year for like 30 bucks it wouldn't be that bad. 

 

Speaking of which, anyone with PSN do yourself the favor and renew your PSN subscriptions now for more than half off. They have some promotion going where you use PLAYSTATION2021 as a coupon code and you can buy up to 3 years for only 90 bucks. No brainer if you use it as much as I do. 

Where? I don’t see the option.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2021 at 1:23 PM, Chew said:

 

There's the savage Doc I know. 💪🏽BF6 reveal trailer is supposed to drop soon. 

 

No other FPS will be relevant for the next two years.  

 

I’m a go extra try hard. About to buy a scuff controller. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, this is it for me as a hardcore gamer -- I'm done at 40, but reserve the right to unretire at any time.  I started out on a Commodore VIC-20 my dad bought and at somepoint graduated to an x86 processor.  Sierra Entertainment games, Battle of Britain flight sims, early Papyrus racing games, Duke Nukem 3d, id games freewsares,  Quake of course, Nintendo and Sega Genesis and N64 and Dreamcast and many many years on PC. With a child and Xbox went back to console gaming for a bit, and then bought a gaming PC a few years back. With the X Series X my son has hijacked my gaming PC.  The last games I played hard were FIFA 18 and FIFA 20.  I would love to "waste my life" as a FIFA streamer, but I have not played FIFA 21... and don't intend on buying 22. 

 

Although telework did allow me to spend a lot more time on Fifa 20, and I even did COD -- I am realizing it's time to move on from my constant need to game and I'm happier using that time sleeping, and doing the stuff a 40 year old husband and father should be doing.  Well,"happier" could be relative, but it is better for my life in the long run.  My son carries on the torch.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Welp, this is it for me as a hardcore gamer -- I'm done at 40, but reserve the right to unretire at any time.  I started out on a Commodore VIC-20 my dad bought and at somepoint graduated to an x86 processor.  Sierra Entertainment games, Battle of Britain flight sims, early Papyrus racing games, Duke Nukem 3d, id games freewsares,  Quake of course, Nintendo and Sega Genesis and N64 and Dreamcast and many many years on PC. With a child and Xbox went back to console gaming for a bit, and then bought a gaming PC a few years back. With the X Series X my son has hijacked my gaming PC.  The last games I played hard were FIFA 18 and FIFA 20.  I would love to "waste my life" as a FIFA streamer, but I have not played FIFA 21... and don't intend on buying 22. 

 

Although telework did allow me to spend a lot more time on Fifa 20, and I even did COD -- I am realizing it's time to move on from my constant need to game and I'm happier using that time sleeping, and doing the stuff a 40 year old husband and father should be doing.  Well,"happier" could be relative, but it is better for my life in the long run.  My son carries on the torch.

See you when a solid game releases :ols:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2021 at 4:14 PM, NoCalMike said:

Anyone picking up Resident Evil Village today?  I am in a few hours after work.  Can't wait!

I watched some streams of it and it looks pretty fun but I heard its really short? like ~10 hours? I'm not a big RE guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mass Effect Legendary Edition has just been released for North America

 

:PartialQuaintKangaroo-small:

 

If I didn't still have a modded playthrough of ME3 to do, I'd get it now. I've played the series to death and can go awhile before I'll be ready to play it again, so I'll just sit and wait for the sales. And then break down and get it early....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...