Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I cant believe you got that armor so fast. I didn't find it until NG+ for some reason and I ended up completing the game with 100% of the trophies. 

yea once you get to the point where you can explore and do all the things, the combat and everything goes to another level. See if you can free all the Valkyries if you are that far in the game. One of the more frustrating and fun experiences I have had gaming in a while was fighting the Queen of the Valkyries. I'm doing a NG+ solely for the challenge of beating her on the hardest difficulty level. It was that much fun. 

God of War is the first game since maybe Monster Hunter World that gave me that sense of completion after fighting a hard boss. Problem with Monster Hunter is that they keep getting more difficult lol

Appreciate the feedback as I am still very much figuring **** out.  Some random thoughts:

Yea, I googled best armor to get early and therefore got Tyr's armor pretty quickly and then Travelers basically right after.  I'm currently hunting Travelers to get the upgrade materials, but I think you pretty much find them doing main story quests.  I'm heading back to the mountain for the second time now.  

As I'm climbing the mountain, i found a Valkyrie.  **** they are tough.  This is the second one I've found, I can't beat either for them yet.  

What is NG+?  I've heard about it in some of the Youtube videos I've watched, but not sure what it is.

20 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Appreciate the feedback as I am still very much figuring **** out.  Some random thoughts:

Yea, I googled best armor to get early and therefore got Tyr's armor pretty quickly and then Travelers basically right after.  I'm currently hunting Travelers to get the upgrade materials, but I think you pretty much find them doing main story quests.  I'm heading back to the mountain for the second time now.  

As I'm climbing the mountain, i found a Valkyrie.  **** they are tough.  This is the second one I've found, I can't beat either for them yet.  

What is NG+?  I've heard about it in some of the Youtube videos I've watched, but not sure what it is.

NG+ Stands for New Game Plus

Its basically you starting the game over after beating it, with all of your weapons, stills, and items. God of War has been doing it since forever and they don't just start you over with all of your stuff, but they up the difficulty by giving enemies new moves and altering their patterns enough to throw you off. Also in God of War there is new versions of the same armor you are collecting now but wayyyyy more powerful. So if you really like the combat, its the best way to get your fix. Its also a good way to burn out so, know yourself lol. 

Also I specify God of War NG+ multiple times above because other games are way way less generous when it comes to making NG+ actually worth it. I usually stay Away from them. But in this particular case its pretty damn good imo.  

Final thing, the Valkyries are pretty cool to fight. Cause they tend to build on each other and keep getting more difficult if you can believe that. It was fighting the Valkyries that I really learned the boys worth as an extension of Kratos. I wont say more unless you want a better hint! You may have figured it out by now though. 

edit: also happy to help. Its fun when people like the stuff i like lol

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

NG+ Stands for New Game Plus

Its basically you starting the game over after beating it, with all of your weapons, stills, and items. God of War has been doing it since forever and they don't just start you over with all of your stuff, but they up the difficulty by giving enemies new moves and altering their patterns enough to throw you off. Also in God of War there is new versions of the same armor you are collecting now but wayyyyy more powerful. So if you really like the combat, its the best way to get your fix. Its also a good way to burn out so, know yourself lol. 

Also I specify God of War NG+ multiple times above because other games are way way less generous when it comes to making NG+ actually worth it. I usually stay Away from them. But in this particular case its pretty damn good imo.  

Final thing, the Valkyries are pretty cool to fight. Cause they tend to build on each other and keep getting more difficult if you can believe that. It was fighting the Valkyries that I really learned the boys worth as an extension of Kratos. I wont say more unless you want a better hint! You may have figured it out by now though. 

edit: also happy to help. Its fun when people like the stuff i like lol

Much appreciated.  I now understand the NG+.  It's like TLOU2 when you start a second game and already have the MP5 and shotgun.  I definitely plan to do a second run thru, so that's perfect.

I lean on THE BOY a lot.  I don't even attack the flying nightmare things, I just let him kill them.  For bigger bosses, any time I see the unblockable red circle thing, I have THE BOY shoot them with an electrical arrow or two, which usually throws them off.  I need to go back to the first Valkyrie, I could probably beat that one now that I've advanced a bunch and gotten way better gear since our first encounter.  

28 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I lean on THE BOY a lot.  I don't even attack the flying nightmare things, I just let him kill them.  For bigger bosses, any time I see the unblockable red circle thing, I have THE BOY shoot them with an electrical arrow or two, which usually throws them off.  I need to go back to the first Valkyrie, I could probably beat that one now that I've advanced a bunch and gotten way better gear since our first encounter.  

Yea that's what I was talking about. I literally did not find this out until I was fighting the Valkyrie Queen. She has a room wide that was basically killing me on hit and I just got mad once and spammed square, and what do you know. It worked lol

• Like 1

Not surprised one bit God of War isn't coming out this year.

Surprised it's going to be on PS4 though.  That's a shame.  The quicker these devs get over last gen the quicker we'll have true next gen looking games.

Ratchet and Clank next Tuesday is going to be phenomenal and I'm glad that game isn't on PS4.

The Last of Us 2 is down to $30 on PSN.  I never got it on PS4, assuming it would get a PS5 remaster, but at the $30 price point I might just end up pulling the trigger and letting the PS5 to it's best to upscale.

Still holding out for GTA6 news.....of any kind.

3 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

The Last of Us 2 is down to $30 on PSN.  I never got it on PS4, assuming it would get a PS5 remaster, but at the $30 price point I might just end up pulling the trigger and letting the PS5 to it's best to upscale.

TLOU2 is worth it. It honestly looks next gen already compared to most of the games that have been released so far. You won’t regret it 

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

PS3 had major new games released as late as 2018. That's 4+ years after the PS4 was launched. 

This is how Sony does business. 

What major first party games came out on PS3 and PS4 at the same time?

(I seriously don't know but I can't think of any)

TLOU2 just got a 60fps patch like a week or so ago.  Since that was done, I am not expecting a PS5 remaster, at least not any time soon.

Probably the best PS4 game there is.  It's simply incredible.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Much appreciated.  I now understand the NG+.  It's like TLOU2 when you start a second game and already have the MP5 and shotgun.  I definitely plan to do a second run thru, so that's perfect.

NG+ on god of war is great. All The same armors and enchantments are there but they have even more stats this time and cost a ton of money or resources. Also some of the armor is exclusive to NG+ and is godly. 

the Valkrie’s were fun a **** to find and then fight. Some of the best combat in a long long time fighting them. 

NG+ is where you go with “give me god of war” difficulty setting 

• Like 1

Top 1 or 2 PS4 game in my book. Not to be missed and I wouldn’t wait another minute. 

51 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I never did beat the queen valkrie.  That **** was hard as hell. 

Shes a ****ing monster. Took me 3 hours of consecutive deaths before I got past her. Wife came by and was like why do you play this game if you hate it so much? 

Also that is totally the same thing. I would run away too if my father hated me. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

What major first party games came out on PS3 and PS4 at the same time?

(I seriously don't know but I can't think of any)

Lots of the sports games like Fifa19, NBA2k19, WWE and MLB Show games.  Also Persona 5, Yakuza 5, a lot of the Lego and Telltale games all had dual releases during that 4+ years of overlap. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Don’t check it til you beat it because of spoilers but there are YouTube clips of people beating the valkries in like 15 seconds on GMGOW mode without taking damage. 

the combat is so responsive and smooth it’s unbelievable what people can do with it 

Yea I have seen it and it’s honestly depressing that I can put so much time into a game, be really good at it, and then see someone play it so much better that I can’t even really tell what’s happening lol. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Lots of the sports games like Fifa19, NBA2k19, WWE and MLB Show games.  Also Persona 5, Yakuza 5, a lot of the Lego and Telltale games all had dual releases during that 4+ years of overlap. 

So no first party titles.  Didn't think it had ever happened so this will be a first this gen.

It's a big difference when you have Fifa and Lego games coming out on 50 consoles and then you have God of War coming out on 2.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

So no first party titles.  Didn't think it had ever happened so this will be a first this gen.

It's a big difference when you have Fifa and Lego games coming out on 50 consoles and then you have God of War coming out on 2.

First party wise,  Last of Us Left Behind was released for both. Not sure why you think this is a new thing for Sony. 

Wnd and 3rd party titles such as Metal Gear 5, Dragon Age Inquisition, Watchdogs, GTA 5, and Persona 5 all came out on both. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

22 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

First party wise,  Last of Us Left Behind was released for both. Not sure why you think this is a new thing for Sony. 

Wnd and 3rd party titles such as Metal Gear 5, Dragon Age Inquisition, Watchdogs, GTA 5, and Persona 5 all came out on both. 

TLOU:LB was not released on both consoles at the same time.  It's also basically DLC of a remastered PS3 game on PS4.

And I don't care about third party games.  Third party games have and always will be multiplatform and they don't have near the same polish/quality as first party titles do.  They never have and never will.

I'm talking about first party titles being released cross gen at the same time.  This has never happened before and is new this gen.

17 minutes ago, bearrock said:

There's too big an installed user base on the previous generation to move away right immediately.  Total transition always takes some time.

We're talking about a game coming out in 2022 at the earliest though.  There are going to be enough PS5's out by then to not warrant a PS4 release IMO.  It's also going to be a game that sells systems.

I get HZD, while still disappointing, since it's coming out this year.  I wasn't a huge fan of the first one but the latest trailer for the new one looks incredible.  I am still skeptical about the gameplay video being true gameplay video on a real PS5, kind of like the bullshots we got with TLOU2.

I'm also super happy that Ratchet and Clank coming out next week is not on PS4 because that means they are taking advantage of PS5 hardware.  And it's VERY obvious just from trailers alone.  I went back and played the PS4 version that was free a while ago and the amount of on screen stuff in the PS4 version compared to what they've shown of the new one on PS5 is night and day.

Edited by purbeast

Ok then. Define first party titles. Because I suspect your definition is different than mine.

Media Molecule by definition is a first party game developer for Sony. They create the Little Big Planet series. 

LBP3 was a dual release on the PS3 and PS4 in 2014 (1 year after the PS4 debuted). 

Also wouldn't Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales fit? It was a dual release for the PS4/PS5 and isn't on any other system...

• Like 1