Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just now, Llevron said:

I was positive you told me you loved that game. My b 

Nope not me.  I hate it and the only time I'll ever play it is when my son wants to play it with me.  Thankfully he's into Splatoon 2 now so we haven't played it in months.

Metroid Dread looked awesome

BOTW2 looked good. Interesting to see the way they’ve remixed the same world to keep it fresh. Wonder if it’s going to go back to Demise and Skyward Sword as sort of a book end. Would enjoy seeing hyrule from

other  timelines coming together to bring those into 1. 

was hoping for more story beats but we didn’t get any. 

also no news on switch pro. And nothing on N64 games coming to the store. And the Zelda anniversary watch game was dumb. Mario got something similar as well as remastered classic games for his anniversary. We should have gotten a WW or MM switch version or handhelds on the switch etc. this was beyond disappointing 

16 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I just hope BOTW2 has traditional dungeons.  That was my really only major complaint about BOTW.  The beasts were fun but there were only 4 of them. 

Agree. They have all the content in the world, no reason for there to not be 10+ beasts/whatever their dungeon equivalent is. Nintendo is great at reusing their old content in new ways so that should be easy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

The N64 version is the only good version.

I feel the same way about Melee for the most part. 64 was the original and thats fun, plus the 64 days were when all my cousins were around and we played smash, starfox, goldeneye and all that stuff for hours. 

Nostalgia aside though, every game from the first one just took what the first one did and did it better. Playing the first one now is like playing Atari in comparison imo. This most recent one isnt as fun to me personally, but its a much better game when you consider everything they are putting into it. Just online gaming by itself is such an upgrade its hard to say its not better. 

Smash sucked back on N64 just like it sucks now.  It was just the first mashup game which is why you thought it was cool.  If it was good back then it would still be good now just like real fighters are such as SF2, MK2, etc.  Fighting games age better than most genres.

Oh, but that is another issue - it's not a fighting game, it's a party game. 

😛

5 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Smash sucked back on N64 just like it sucks now.  It was just the first mashup game which is why you thought it was cool.  If it was good back then it would still be good now just like real fighters are such as SF2, MK2, etc.  Fighting games age better than most genres.

Oh, but that is another issue - it's not a fighting game, it's a party game. 

😛

I was positive you told me you loved smash. You have changed, man. 

14 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I sometimes play with a few buddies that are really good and usually I’m just down on the bottom level practicing moves while they fight each other over the right to clown me next. Sometimes I’ll get bold and try to participate and I’m promptly yeeted off the map. 

I have a home boy who likes to run and hide like hes not a part of the fight, so he can get a few lives up on us and then try to win. So we just end up hunting him down first, to get him out of the way. Its really messed up cause he cant do anything with is one on one....two on one is just abuse. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I was positive you told me you loved smash. You have changed, man. 

I have a home boy who likes to run and hide like hes not a part of the fight, so he can get a few lives up on us and then try to win. So we just end up hunting him down first, to get him out of the way. Its really messed up cause he cant do anything with is one on one....two on one is just abuse. 

I have never once said I liked Smash.  You can search all you want and you won't find it because I don't like it at all.

Maybe you mistook me playing it with my son for me liking it.

The dumbest thing about the game was unlocking 60 or whatever characters.

32 minutes ago, JCB said:

This new Ratchet & Clank is DOPE.

Yup.

I went to play last night at 8pm until tipoff.  

Next thing I know it's like 9:30pm and I missed most of the first half.

And I was only doing some optional missions for the most part.

• Like 1

Gameplay is so smooth and intuitive. Missions and stories are great. All the iconic stuff is here, just upgraded. Visually it's just jaw-dropping and can we talk about Ms. Zurkon? Amazing.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 9:56 AM, Llevron said:

I feel the same way about Melee for the most part. 64 was the original and thats fun, plus the 64 days were when all my cousins were around and we played smash, starfox, goldeneye and all that stuff for hours. 

Nostalgia aside though, every game from the first one just took what the first one did and did it better. Playing the first one now is like playing Atari in comparison imo. This most recent one isnt as fun to me personally, but its a much better game when you consider everything they are putting into it. Just online gaming by itself is such an upgrade its hard to say its not better. 

I spent a lot of time getting high and playing the N64 version with friends, the later games just don't have that feel. Plus, they switched the A and B buttons around for the GameCube version and I was never able to get over it for some reason. I actually played the latest Smash Bros on the Switch a couple years ago and I didn't like that either. It seemed more about mashing buttons than doing actual moves. They Mario Karted Smash Bros in my mind.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Oh look, another trailer with no gameplay.

Do people still actually get hype for Madden?  Or do people just begrudgingly buy it year in and year out since there are no other NFL games?

Yeah, I stopped buying it annually almost 10 years ago. This coming from a guy that used to buy it on day one launch since it debuted in 1990. I've purchased it a couple of times in recent years when it's been on sale late in the year for like $20......only to be quickly reminded why I don't buy it anymore. 

It seems to me they cater exclusively to the competitive online crowd. I suppose that generates enough sales. They've ignored the "SIM" crowd for many, many years. Franchise mode has been largely untouched since the PS2/Xbox days. Franchise was literally more robust and complete back then.....it even had an accompanying radio show. And the game play just feels so stale. Sad because I have many fond memories of the game from my teens and twenties. 

• Like 3

Apparently franchise mode is getting a huge overhaul this year after years of complaints. 

and they are really trying to emphasize home field advantages and crowd impact so loud crowds will make your play art look like squiggly lines, interfere with snap counts, and make players more skiddish. 

which was in NCAA football 2005 so…how is that for next gen?

I just long for the days when I could go thru 20 year franchises because the gameplay was so good and smooth while the off-season/off-field stuff wasn’t massive but it was enough to keep you interested. Now I get to practice and gameplan and do a ton of **** that feels like chores before I play each week which does nothing but make me want to play it less in addition to the gameplay just not being as good the more realistic it’s gotten 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

Finished Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart the other day with all collectibles.  The ending sequence is ridiculously good in that game and just a long drawn out battle that I never wanted to end but was so much fun.  Then I immediately started the challenge mode and ended up playing that for over an hour lol.  I see myself finishing it at least one more time and probably twice because I would like to level up every weapon to the fullest just because I find that stuff so much fun.