Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I just don’t understand the market for this except that Nintendo knows their fanboys will buy literally anything they put out and so they continually do the absolute bare minimum knowing it doesn’t even matter. 

Sounds like you get it to me homie lol

28 minutes ago, purbeast said:

@Llevron I bet playing games in 4k @ 10fps would be a ****ing blast!  Imagine how much fun you could have playing Smash Bro's at 10fps?  Sounds like a great time!

It would run about half as smooth as Driver did on PSX back in the day.

Look at them trees babay 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Who is this for? When you announce a new console and the second bullet point in your press release is “a wide and adjustable stand” for the dozens and dozens of people that play tabletop Switch, the least popular and efficient way to utilize the console, it is a colossal failure. 

It’s not even a refresh. A couple minor tweaks. Minor storage increase. No graphical or FPS improvements. No joy con improvements. Just A LaN port and a better stand lol. Ok, OLED. Wow. Third party games will still run like crap and any game with large explosions or things on screen will crawl. 

I just don’t understand the market for this except that Nintendo knows their fanboys will buy literally anything they put out and so they continually do the absolute bare minimum knowing it doesn’t even matter. 

my wife got me a switch last year and I was kind worried she shouldn’t have done that since a new one was coming. I laughed my ass off yesterday thinking about being concerned. I’ll be fine to ride this current switch out for another 3-5 years it looks like 

It's for people who don't have it yet for the most part.  It's also not a "new console" it's a hardware revision, kind of a long the lines of how there were like 5 different PSX versions before the PSOne came out.  I say kind of along those lines because the different PSX versions didn't change anything, whereas this does change some things slightly that are mainly QOL improvements.

I mean if you didn't have a Switch yet and were to buy one, which one are you going to get?  I'd think most people would spend the extra $50 and get a larger display and larger storage.  The new kickstand and LAN port are not really anything worth mentioning though.  

I also think it's fairly obvious that this is going to phase out the current Switch at some point in the not too distant future and will be the only one available, probably with a $50 price drop down to $300 when that does happen and the current ones aren't even being made anymore.  You also have to remember that Nintendo doesn't sell consoles at a loss like Sony and MS do.  I'm sure in the long run the cost of the new screen/storage will go down which will probably in turn make the console price drop down to $300 at that point too.

Edited by purbeast

I’m not touching Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us 2, or Jedi Fallen Order until I get a PS5. I’ve got a bit to play still. I have to finish Kingdom Come, Death Stranding and Control first.

Then I will need to blow the dust off the Switch and play Breath of the Wild. I bought that game a year and a half ago and haven’t touched it.

31 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I’m not touching Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us 2, or Jedi Fallen Order until I get a PS5. I’ve got a bit to play still. I have to finish Kingdom Come, Death Stranding and Control first.

Then I will need to blow the dust off the Switch and play Breath of the Wild. I bought that game a year and a half ago and haven’t touched it.

My buddy told me about Fallen Order a couple weeks ago on Gamepass and for some reason I thought it was some kind of KOTOR game which I hate.

When he told me it wasn't I googled it and saw the video of it and it looked awesome, and this was right after the PS5/XSX versions came out.

Last week I bought it for $13 on PS Store.

I'm like 4 hours in and it's pretty damn awesome.  I'm not a huge Star Wars fan or anything and I think it's pretty awesome.  Definitely worth checking out regardless of being a SW fan or not.

• Like 2

Righto, ES. Steam sale has less than 24 hours left, and I haven't bought a single game. None of them have grabbed at me, and I have a ton of games loaded in my libraries that I haven't touched, like Witcher 3, Star Wars Jedi Fallen, etc. I love 3rd person story games like Mass Effect, I love Red Dead, and don't really care much for GTA. Can any of you hit me with some recommendations so I can stop being responsible with my money?

Detroit: Become Human looks interesting. Half price for $20. I'm very tempted to pull the trigger and give it a shot. I think I recall it being mentioned here before, but I don't remember if it was good or bad thoughts on it.

Edited by NickyJ

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Righto, ES. Steam sale has less than 24 hours left, and I haven't bought a single game. None of them have grabbed at me, and I have a ton of games loaded in my libraries that I haven't touched, like Witcher 3, Star Wars Jedi Fallen, etc. I love 3rd person story games like Mass Effect, I love Red Dead, and don't really care much for GTA. Can any of you hit me with some recommendations so I can stop being responsible with my money?

Detroit: Become Human looks interesting. Half price for $20. I'm very tempted to pull the trigger and give it a shot. I think I recall it being mentioned here before, but I don't remember if it was good or bad thoughts on it.

Detroit is totally worth $20 bucks if you are into sci-fi or narrative driven stories. Legit had my father in law interested enough that we didn't have to watch a James Bond movie that was older than me for the first time since I have known him. I bought it for 60 when it came out and feel like it was totally worth it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, purbeast said:

I'm like 4 hours in and it's pretty damn awesome.  I'm not a huge Star Wars fan or anything and I think it's pretty awesome.  Definitely worth checking out regardless of being a SW fan or not.

Same thing I did. I’ll be stocking up on these games for cheap, especially with the upgrades on next gen

• Like 1

The new OLED Switch wasn't supposed to be some huge thing.  There's a reason they didn't announce it at E3 when they had everyone's attention.

3 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I picked up Metro: Exodus, Wasteland 2, and 5D Chess With Multiverse Time Travel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NickyJ said:

It’s a great game/story. One of those similar to Beyond: Two Souls or Heavy Rain where it’s heavy story driven and you are mostly making decisions but it’s a pretty nice sci-fi story with fun stuff to do and a lot of emotional weight 

• Like 2

Yo!! Fallen Order is Awesome!!!! I’m super far into it, think I’m about to beat it. The game play  just flows, it has been super fun. Had been waiting to beat it to chime in here, but since you brought it up.

Love It. Super well done. 

9 hours ago, purbeast said:

My buddy told me about Fallen Order a couple weeks ago on Gamepass and for some reason I thought it was some kind of KOTOR game which I hate.

When he told me it wasn't I googled it and saw the video of it and it looked awesome, and this was right after the PS5/XSX versions came out.

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 1

Anyone play Smite, or played in the past?  My BIL got me into it on July 4th.  I like the game a lot, but I am horrible.  The first three arena matches I played, I crushed it, and had 20 kills, 7 deaths, 12 assists and did the most player damage in the third one.  It's been all downhill since then, I don't seem to do any damage (most matches it's pathetic - like not breaking 10K total).

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Anyone play Smite, or played in the past?  My BIL got me into it on July 4th.  I like the game a lot, but I am horrible.  The first three arena matches I played, I crushed it, and had 20 kills, 7 deaths, 12 assists and did the most player damage in the third one.  It's been all downhill since then, I don't seem to do any damage (most matches it's pathetic - like not breaking 10K total).

That's usually how MOBAs go. Your first few games are placement games and you're playing either other newbees or people who are straight junk(or don't give a crap super casual etc.). Then you get placed into people who know WTF they're doing and its a pain in the arse to play unless you queue with a coordinated group.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That's usually how MOBAs go. Your first few games are placement games and you're playing either other newbees or people who are straight junk(or don't give a crap super casual etc.). Then you get placed into people who know WTF they're doing and its a pain in the arse to play unless you queue with a coordinated group.

Yeah, it was crazy.  I guess I just gotta keep playing and working on getting better.  

29 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

This explains so much lol. I thought I was just trash and got lucky the first few tries. I downloaded this game wayyyy back in Alpha i think. (I think) It was free and I loved it at first. 

Then it broke me and I uninstalled it and never looked back. 

• Haha 1

They showed Moss 2 as the first game in the State of Play.

That game is going to be incredible just like the first one!  Too bad no release date was given so doubtful it's this year.

It's the only game they showed that I'm really interested in.  A couple of the indie games may be good too.

Edited by purbeast

On 7/7/2021 at 12:09 PM, Warhead36 said:

Steam summer sale ends tomorrow. I managed to snag the original old Deus Ex games for $1 each. Also got the Batman Arkham complete set for a combined $12.

The first Deus Ex game changed how I experience videogames, I love that game. I remember when the demo came out, I played the first level over and over again. Eventually, they added the second level to the demo and I played that over and over again too. I remember before I left each stage, I would literally look everywhere to make sure I didn't miss anything. I absolutely adore that game, didn't age too well, but I recently watched a lets play on it and it brought back a flood of positive memories.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Just quoting this so you all can't say that I'm the only one who plays old AF games.

MvC3 was my peak. I was literally in beatable in that game. Dante Virgil Wesker when I wanted to just demoralize you. 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

MvC3 was my peak. I was literally in beatable in that game. Dante Virgil Wesker when I wanted to just demoralize you. 

I was at Evo when it was new and PR Balrog made an incredible comeback.  I was never good at that game, too much **** going on, but I loved watching it.

• Thanks 1

I bought a stack of 360 games today.  Tips on what to try first?  I don't have time to dive deep in to a game until next week.  

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2:  I've never played a Tom Clancy game, and love FPS the most.

Hitman Blood Money:  I've played thru Absolution 3 times.  Really liked it.

Madden 10:  Always was a 2k player, have barely touched Madden games.

Fallout 3:  The RPG I always hear about.  Excited.

NHL 07:  Saw Ovi on the cover, and it was $4.

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II:  I desperately needed a Star Wars game.

Got a hard drive too, so now I can play Titanfall.

• Like 1