Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

been thinking about a Fallout 3 playthrough again (or NV) since they are all on Game Pass. Having trouble finding something to kill time until Flight Simulator.

Also with Jedi Fallen Order, I played it on XB1, last week I downloaded the Series X version. I haven't noticed a huge difference compared to the XB1 unlike Forza Horizon 4 and AC Valhalla which had some pretty big differences.

JFO is such an awesome game, I wouldn't wait to play it. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Video game thread slips to the 4th page? Gumps.

Been messing around with Mass Effect redux on PS5 (yes, I now have one) and goddamn everything is so beautiful.

On 7/9/2021 at 3:50 PM, ShredSkins said:

been thinking about a Fallout 3 playthrough again (or NV) since they are all on Game Pass. Having trouble finding something to kill time until Flight Simulator.

Also with Jedi Fallen Order, I played it on XB1, last week I downloaded the Series X version. I haven't noticed a huge difference compared to the XB1 unlike Forza Horizon 4 and AC Valhalla which had some pretty big differences.

JFO is such an awesome game, I wouldn't wait to play it. 

You can never go wrong with Fallout 3. I've been thinking about it too ever since I got my PS5 but I'm so wiped when I get home that I barely get in any substantial playtime

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2021 at 11:59 AM, Warhead36 said:

FO3 is great but New Vegas is my favorite.

4 really fell off in comparison.

I go back and forth.  And Fallout is my favorite franchise.  

3 was less involved and creative than the others, but takes place in and around DC, which is pretty cool.

Vegas really expanded the crafting and decisionmaking consequences, and is probably my favorite overall.

I really liked 4 and have run through it like 6 times.  The DLCs are all great.  The little details and references to Boston history and culture are amazing if you notice them.  It didn't really break new ground, but expanded on all of the good stuff.  

The one is WV, which is where I went to college and where my wife's family is from, is the biggest disappointment I've had related to video games. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Sinister disappears and then shows back up with a brand new PS5 still talking about playing Bethesda games from 2007 like he didn’t miss a beat. No signs of rust…

I thought yall would be proud of me 😔

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The one is WV, which is where I went to college and where my wife's family is from, is the biggest disappointment I've had related to video games. 

Can't believe how badly they fooled us that one Summer with this. Got me good 

On 7/20/2021 at 9:59 AM, Warhead36 said:

FO3 is great but New Vegas is my favorite.

4 really fell off in comparison.

+1 for New Vegas.  So many factions to chose from.  Mr House fan eat ****.  

Dead Money was the most stressful DLC of all-time.  Jeepers, what a pain in the ass with the kaboomy beeping collar 🤣  

56 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Not sure how long it's been since you've played, but it's night and day from Day 1 to how it is now.  Bethesda has even admitted as much.  Season 4 just started and it's a friggin blast.  I still put in about an hour every day.  There are a bunch of new legendary weapon effects, legendary power armor, and legendary perks. 

The Brotherhood is back in WV with an entire storyline and they're as snooty as ever.  

• Like 1

I finished Horizon Zero Dawn on PC and now I’m going to desperately try to score a PS5 so I can play Forbidden West when it comes out later this year. 

Awesome game; finally an open world game that excels at story telling, with challenging gameplay to match. The ultra-hard difficulty really, really kicks your ass and forces you to learn how to surgically destroy the robos.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chew said:

Not sure how long it's been since you've played, but it's night and day from Day 1 to how it is now.  Bethesda has even admitted as much.  Season 4 just started and it's a friggin blast.  I still put in about an hour every day.  There are a bunch of new legendary weapon effects, legendary power armor, and legendary perks. 

The Brotherhood is back in WV with an entire storyline and they're as snooty as ever.  

Tell me more.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

I finished Horizon Zero Dawn on PC and now I’m going to desperately try to score a PS5 so I can play Forbidden West when it comes out later this year. 

Awesome game; finally an open world game that excels at story telling, with challenging gameplay to match. The ultra-hard difficulty really, really kicks your ass and forces you to learn how to surgically destroy the robos.

The storytelling/gameplay was on another level. Incredible. Some of the toughest fights ever (like the "Legendary" sawtooth 😭).

2 hours ago, Chew said:

+1 for New Vegas.  So many factions to chose from.  Mr House fan eat ****.  

Dead Money was the most stressful DLC of all-time.  Jeepers, what a pain in the ass with the kaboomy beeping collar 🤣  

You ready to stream that BF2042? You watched the game play trailer right. 

my twitch account is ready bring that sexy light skin ass and we blow up. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The storytelling/gameplay was on another level. Incredible. Some of the toughest fights ever (like the "Legendary" sawtooth 😭).

Did you play the Frozen Wild DLC. The fireclaw and the scorchers, holy **** lol. 

I can’t wait for what they put in Forbidden West. Plus, it seems like they’re adding a lot of quality life upgrades for grappling and sky diving that the game badly needs. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Did you play the Frozen Wild DLC. The fireclaw and the scorchers, holy **** lol. 

I can’t wait for what they put in Forbidden West. Plus, it seems like they’re adding a lot of quality life upgrades for grappling and sky diving that the game badly needs. 

I rage quit on Frozen Wilds LOL. The first sawtooth you encounter in the gap/pass before the first cutscene had me begging for mercy, bro.

I plan on going back to finish it tho before I start out with PS5 games.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

New Vegas is definitely my favorite modern Fallout. It feels the most like the original 2. 

Had fun collecting/crafting in Fallout 4 and played through a few times. 

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I remember before launch it was announced the game wouldn't have any NPCs? Suspect from day 1. 

Btw, you've played ME3 right Vish? There are so many similarities between Allloy's playstyle and the Talon Merc with the Tripwire Launcher. It was one if my go-to builds there, and I felt a sort of synergy during some of the tougher battles where had to spam dodge and still fire at the right angle with pinpoint accuracy.

Just now, Mooka said:

New Vegas is definitely my favorite modern Fallout. It feels the most like the original 2. 

Had fun collecting/crafting in Fallout 4 and played through a few times. 

The earlier games really captured the desolation/moral depravity, and your own conscience as you wander the Wasteland. 4, despite all its accolades, totally robs you of all of that. If it weren't for settlement builder I bet it would've been panned.

Mods, DLC and Creation Club add ons saved their asses.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Btw, you've played ME3 right Vish? There are so many similarities between Allloy's playstyle and the Talon Merc with the Tripwire Launcher. It was one if my go-to builds there, and I felt a sort of synergy during some of the tougher battles where had to spam dodge and still fire at the right angle with pinpoint accuracy.

I haven’t played ME3 since release. I’m currently working through ME1 in the remaster. 

You’ve got to finish Frozen Wild. Not just for the great story, but also to encounter the freeze and fire claws LOL. The final boss fight is the most rage inducing but deeply satisfying gaming experience I’ve had in a long time. 

• Like 2