Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

how is your play-through coming along? How are you shaping your characters?

I've mostly been a goody-two-shoes. Mostly.

Spoilers for anyone who plans to play it eventually.

Spoiler

I shot the girl's father. Dude had a gun, no way I wanted to risk him grabbing it. So he's dead. I also shoved the artist's son, cuz nobody messes with Lance Henriksen. I also torched the horror house after freeing everyone inside.

Nobody else has died. I did originally shoot the androids during the fight at the strip club because one of them was charging at me after trying to bash my face in, but after the detective gave me the evil eye, I did that part over and spared them. So now I've just finished the broadcast hijack, again sparing everyone.

• Haha 1

Love it. So much fun. My Connor was the most overconfident screwup in the world. He talked such a good game but man he was a ****ing useless cop, let every person escape. I don’t know how he held his job long enough to make it to the start of the game. 

the girl I played pretty straight and empathetic, she protected the child at all costs but wanted no smoke from anyone. 

then of course, robot Jesus was everything you’d expect a messiah to be. The real deal Holyfield 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

But it's Righteous slaughter 🙏🏼

this apparently started as a Skyrim mod and was then expanded to a full Roman city with the same concept. Sounds unbelievably cool

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

I made Robot Jesus as terrifying as possible and regretted every minute of it 

I’m disappointed, my child…

9F4B14D1-BE66-4459-BD9C-A25D8A6F7D77.thumb.jpeg.189e4ee40c8053693d3b1f83c5f43f72.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

this apparently started as a Skyrim mod and was then expanded to a full Roman city with the same concept. Sounds unbelievably cool

Dam I was wondering what mod they were talking about. Just came out so I might wait until I see more reviews

It's taken me a while to get used to the quick controls. I've learned that it's better to wait and actually focus on what button I need to press rather than mashing buttons.

There was a part where I was given the option to throw a smoke grenade. I accidentally pressed the button, so then I stood there like dumby waiting for the dude to put the grenade away. The game never did, I finally accepted my fate and threw it.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

anyone here see significant increases In graphics and gameplay upgrading from a one x to a series x? Im curious someone is offering to sell their series x to me.

I went from a PS4 pro (which was similar in specs to One X) to Series X. The new consoles are a huge improvement, most games I play run great at 1440p and 60+ FPS, which was not possible in the Pro and 1X. 

Also snagged a PS5 bundle through GameStop today. Not ideal but better than scalpers I suppose. Comes with ps online card, extra controller, Spider-Man ultimate edition and ratchet & clank. Figure Id get those at some eventually so just go for it now.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

anyone here see significant increases In graphics and gameplay upgrading from a one x to a series x? Im curious someone is offering to sell their series x to me.

I never played Gears 5 on my Xbox One X, but it looked better on Xbox Series X than anything I had ever seen on Xbox One X and by a noticeable amount, and I'm only running 1080p.

Unfortunately, that is really the only thing I've ever played on my Series X, since there isn't really crap out.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I had a PS4 and Warzone would make it sound like a jet engine. 

on the ps5 it runs at 120 FPS full 1080P without any issues and the ps5 is quiet as a mouse. Could easily run higher if they designed it for it. I run apex at 1440p at 60. Im pretty sure it would run at 120 FPS if apex cared about console players. 

edit Warzone would barely render on the PS4. Anything beyond 200 meters or so would be blurred round objects with no texture. Ps5 everything renders and it is upscale and the detail is a huge upgrade. 

Edited by Dr. Do Itch Big

47 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Yes. Not just in graphics and gameplay but just streaming in general. Movies look better, YoutubeTV looks better. I'm guessing the faster hardware helps. (using both Xbox's on a LG Nano 4k)

The only real games I have that's a Series X version and that I played on the One X is AC Valhalla and Forza Horizon 4. With Valhalla here is a lot of weather and lighting effects that aren't on the One X version. Plus the loading times. I think traveling from England to Ireland on the One X took about 2-3min. On the Series X...maybe 15 seconds. 

Forza Horizon 4 already looked amazing on the One X, so visually the difference is subtle. The actual game play is different. The cars just drive more realistic, it feels better to play on the Series X. 

I also have Madden 21, but when I loaded it on the Series X, I couldn't ever get my Franchise mode to load from the One X. So I just deleted it and will buy 22 this month since it's close. Normally wait till Madden goes on sale in the winter, but meh.

14 hours ago, visionary said:

I loved Detroit Become Human, but those kinds of split decision making games stress me out, so I only got as far as the crossing traffic on the highway part.

My wife literally cried and put then game down at that point. Wouldn't play it anymore! 

• Sad 1

I have 2 chapters to go until the end. I'll just say that my Connor isn't a slacker when it comes to detecting. The Kara storyline has gotten to the point where I am totally shocked, though thinking back I see some coincidences that did line up.

Spoiler

Except for when one of the people I meet says Alice is running a fever. I notice she never actually ate anything, but the person who took me to Jericho said she was running a fever. Either Alice is super convincing, or the game slipped up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

I have 2 chapters to go until the end. I'll just say that my Connor isn't a slacker when it comes to detecting. The Kara storyline has gotten to the point where I am totally shocked, though thinking back I see some coincidences that did line up

IIRC 

Spoiler

Kara is a special kind of model with more human/childlike characteristics, that make her run hot/cold

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Seeing all yall struggle with morally difficult choices, while I'm free as a bird, manipulating and murdering my way thru the world of heavy narrative gaming

I just can’t bring myself to do a renegade play through of any game with moral choices. 

I tried to do a renegade Mass Effect play through this time, got to the part in ME1 where you can “discipline” Wrex, and just… choked. Lol. Just said **** it and now he’s a paragon Shep. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

I try very hard to follow my natural instincts when playing a game where I have the choice. But I always end up Renegade because I know there aren't many consequences. I dont know what that says about me lol. I have to try really really hard to be paragon. Games like Skyrim or Fable where they reward your bad behavior just end up being a mess 😔

Edited by Llevron
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I like renegade choices when it gives me the chance to be snarky with no real repercussions. Shepard don't take no **** in Mass Effect. For Wrex in ME1, it feels like the renegade choice is something you have to go out of your way to choose, which shocks me when other people say they had no idea how to avoid the harshest choice.

• Sad 1