Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

City is the best game and has the best story of the trilogy. Knight has a good story imo and is a great conclusion to the trilogy, but the Batmobile addition takes a lot of the gameplay away from Batman and makes it a less fun experience overall. 

9 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

Anybody get in on the Back 4 Blood closed beta?

So far feels just like Left 4 Dead.

Isnt that what it’s supposed to be?

I loved Vice City, driving around listening to Megadeth's Peace Sells and Slayers Reign Blood was awesome! San Andreas was awesome as well. But a bunch of companies are just remastering, I would rather have new adventures.

I really would like a new GTA. However, the last few I haven't liked as much because the police are on you super fast and bust you. Loved when I could go to the top of a garage and snipe people then race down the road and take out tons more before getting busted. Maybe I just suck, but I feel the police are way too responsive now.

Where is all of this Vice City love coming from? I remember people liking the game when it came out, but then it was never talked about again. I like to watch a lot of speedrunning on YouTube, all of the other GTA games are all over the speedrunning scene, but not Vice City. Of course, that doesn't mean anything, just talking out loud.

17 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Where is all of this Vice City love coming from? I remember people liking the game when it came out, but then it was never talked about again. I like to watch a lot of speedrunning on YouTube, all of the other GTA games are all over the speedrunning scene, but not Vice City. Of course, that doesn't mean anything, just talking out loud.

I sunk far too many hours into Vice City, it's one of my all-time favourite games. Even after I finished it, I would still start it up, get in a car and just listen to Electro-Choc radio.

• Like 1

Yup. Definitely dumped mad hours into Vice City. Literally almost all of the Summer of '03 particularly. With all the different rampages, package hunts, police, medic, fire, street racing and cab stuff, it had near infinite replay value.

I'd argue it's one of the more repayable games ever made. 

I have no idea why R* started to scale that stuff back in San Andreas and onward.

And whoever said the thing about the insane Police response starting with IV is right. It made one of the most appealing things about GTA incredibly tedious to the point of not even bothering anymore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yup. Definitely dumped mad hours into Vice City. Literally almost all of the Summer of '03 particularly. With all the different rampages, package hunts, police, medic, fire, street racing and cab stuff, it had near infinite replay value.

I'd argue it's one of the more repayable games ever made. 

I have no idea why R* started to scale that stuff back in San Andreas and onward.

And whoever said the thing about the insane Police response starting with IV is right. It made one of the most appealing things about GTA incredibly tedious to the point of not even bothering anymore.

San Andreas was pretty ambitious in its own ways.  Plus you could fly a harrier.

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

San Andreas was pretty ambitious in its own ways.  Plus you could fly a harrier.

Yeah, you're right. Still felt like something was missing, though. Can't exactly tell you what that thing is, but Vice City had it, more than any other mainstream GTA

Playing Control currently. Third person shooter with a psychological story. Not quite sure wtf is going on, but I'm enjoying the gameplay.

Found out there's a character mod side mission that gives you unlimited ammo towards the beginning of the game. Not sure how far along I am (probably 10 or so missions completed so far) but I restarted the game at that level.

Seems like it will be worth it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Playing Control currently. Third person shooter with a psychological story. Not quite sure wtf is going on, but I'm enjoying the gameplay.

Found out there's a character mod side mission that gives you unlimited ammo towards the beginning of the game. Not sure how far along I am (probably 10 or so missions completed so far) but I restarted the game at that level.

Seems like it will be worth it.

That description reminds me of a game I played on the Gamecube back in the day: Second Sight.

Gameplay wasn't quite as tight as games are these days, but it had an interesting concept that starts with waking up strapped to a table in a lab not knowing how you got there.  Oh, and then there's the psychic powers you use to break free from your restraints and escape the lab and set off to figure out who you are and how you got there.

• Like 1

Vice City & San Andreas will probably work great as remasters, not so sure about whether 3 needs more work done to it then simply upgrading the graphics though.  That might end up being the "oh look, it comes with this game too, neat I guess" of the bunch.

Remastering older games is hit or miss with me. I don't like spending a lot of money on them because I find that they mostly hook you in based on nostalgia, but the games don't have the same staying power as far as how much you play them.  Especially for a franchise still making games.

I think with Resident Evil, 2/3, it worked because the games are so different now than they used to be, it felt like playing something different all over again.

My preference is just making new games that are styled after the older stuff instead of just straight remasters.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 12:34 PM, NoCalMike said:

Vice City & San Andreas will probably work great as remasters, not so sure about whether 3 needs more work done to it then simply upgrading the graphics though.  That might end up being the "oh look, it comes with this game too, neat I guess" of the bunch.

Remastering older games is hit or miss with me. I don't like spending a lot of money on them because I find that they mostly hook you in based on nostalgia, but the games don't have the same staying power as far as how much you play them.  Especially for a franchise still making games.

I think with Resident Evil, 2/3, it worked because the games are so different now than they used to be, it felt like playing something different all over again.

My preference is just making new games that are styled after the older stuff instead of just straight remasters.

The controls alone changed the way RE2 played completely in the remake.  Also, those games were old as ****, like 20 years old and on the OG PSX, so like you said, it just felt completely different.  Being so old I didn't even remember the story exactly either so that helped.

Generally speaking though I can't get too excited for remakes/remasters, especially when a lot of the more recent ones are like a generation old.

I was super disappointed with the Super Mario 3D Allstars too in that all they had to do in Mario 64 was make the camera free control.  But nope, they couldn't be bothered to do that and it's one of the laziest ports/cash grabs.  Having a free roam camera would have been game changing.

On 8/15/2021 at 3:56 AM, PokerPacker said:

That description reminds me of a game I played on the Gamecube back in the day: Second Sight.

Gameplay wasn't quite as tight as games are these days, but it had an interesting concept that starts with waking up strapped to a table in a lab not knowing how you got there.  Oh, and then there's the psychic powers you use to break free from your restraints and escape the lab and set off to figure out who you are and how you got there.

I loved Second Sight! I think the problem was that I too had it on GameCube and it didn't use the controller very well. Not sure how it played on other systems. I really miss my GameCube.