Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I find it interesting that people refer to games as "free" when it's on a service they pay $15+/month for.

Not just on this forum, but like everywhere.  We're so accustomed to all these monthly services we pay for that it's considered "free" once you are paying for it.

It's just interesting from a marketing/psychological point of view.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I find it interesting that people refer to games as "free" when it's on a service they pay $15+/month for.

Not just on this forum, but like everywhere.  We're so accustomed to all these monthly services we pay for that it's considered "free" once you are paying for it.

It's just interesting from a marketing/psychological point of view.

Its free-ish for me, gotta buy those pop tarts man...

So, I've given up on The Witcher 3, I've put over 40 hours in it, but I have no interest in playing anymore. The story is great, everything else is just "meh". I like the first one, the second one was garbage, but this one was better, just no better enough. Clearing it off the hard drive to play Nier Automata.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

So, I've given up on The Witcher 3, I've put over 40 hours in it, but I have no interest in playing anymore. The story is great, everything else is just "meh". I like the first one, the second one was garbage, but this one was better, just no better enough. Clearing it off the hard drive to play Nier Automata.

I'm obligated to finish it, but it is a slog.  I've determined that CDPR probably aren't great developers, but they do have an eye for an interesting setting.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I'm obligated to finish it, but it is a slog.  I've determined that CDPR probably aren't great developers, but they do have an eye for an interesting setting.

Every now and then a game comes a long that everyone else fawns over, but I couldn't care less about. I was going to assume The Witcher was just going to be one of those series.

54 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Every now and then a game comes a long that everyone else fawns over, but I couldn't care less about. I was going to assume The Witcher was just going to be one of those series.

For me, it's probably more often than "every now and then", but most of those games don't come out on platforms I use so it's easier to just ignore them.  For The Witcher 3, I'm going to have to disappoint my friend when I give him my review of his most favoritest game.

14 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

For me, it's probably more often than "every now and then", but most of those games don't come out on platforms I use so it's easier to just ignore them.  For The Witcher 3, I'm going to have to disappoint my friend when I give him my review of his most favoritest game.

I did only pay about $12 for it and I did get at least 40 hours of gameplay, so I can't complain too much.

Over two years ago I bought MGS 5 for the 360, but when I got my XB1, I couldn't play the 360 version on the XB1. I couldn't even move my save, so I would have to start all over. I decided to end my time with MGS 5, as much as I thoroughly enjoyed the game. I'm starting to think that maybe I should start that game back up again.

4 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Best free game is warzone and its not even close

Big fan but the updates have been super underwhelming. A new map is severely needed and the Cold War integration has been a huge mess. 

Is there a way to migrate games from the PS4 to PS5 in which it retains all the progress/unlocks/perks as opposed to simply going to the store and re-downloading it?   I started getting big into The Binding of Isaac a small indie game, right before purchasing the PS5.

11 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Is there a way to migrate games from the PS4 to PS5 in which it retains all the progress/unlocks/perks as opposed to simply going to the store and re-downloading it?   I started getting big into The Binding of Isaac a small indie game, right before purchasing the PS5.

Not sure if this helps but it looks like there are options...

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/transfer-games-saved-data-ps4-ps5/

https://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-5/How_to_Transfer_Data_from_Your_PS4_to_PS5

Luckily only game I was trying to move was a digital game I downloaded and it looked like it was as simple as downloading it on PS5 and syncing the trophies data.  I started up the game just to look and it has everything I unlocked.

I see Hades, Bastion, and Transistor are on sale on the Nintendo Store again.

Hades is $19.99, Bastion is $2.99 and Transistor is $3.99

Bastion is fun, and I like the different weapons and upgrades, though I'm not sure about the story much from what I played so far.

Transistor is really fun, and pretty and the music is great and the story is pretty interesting to reveal as you go along.  Both games have cool voice overs.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, visionary said:

I see Hades, Bastion, and Transistor are on sale on the Nintendo Store again.

Hades is $19.99, Bastion is $2.99 and Transistor is $3.99

Bastion is fun, and I like the different weapons and upgrades, though I'm not sure about the story much from what I played so far.

Transistor is really fun, and pretty and the music is great and the story is pretty interesting to reveal as you go along.  Both games have cool voice overs.

All three of these games are a lot of fun and a good pick up. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know of any good, 3D stealth games on the XB1? When I say stealth, I mean actual stealth games. As much as I love Dishonored, Deus Ex and MGS 5, those aren't stealth games. If you've ever played Styx: Master of Shadows, thats the type of game I'm looking for, people. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone play the Diablo 2 Technical Alpha? My brother got into it and I tried it out a bit and I have to say: its pretty awesome. It looks really nice and clean and keeps all the glory of the old D2 classes/skills. I can't wait to no life it this winter.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Finally. What you think 

Good. Quite a bit of a comedown in terms of pace, compared to the OG's, but I'm adjusting. Pretty crushing action. I have no idea what Kratos is doing in the middle of Norse mythology, or who the mouthy kid is, so everything is still disjointed, but I'm assuming all will be explained shortly.  

Just encountered the World Serpent for the first time (kinda reminds me of Shenron lol) so I haven't been playing long

On 4/3/2021 at 3:19 PM, Simmsy said:

You are so disappointing 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Good. Quite a bit of a comedown in terms of pace, compared to the OG's, but I'm adjusting. Pretty crushing action. I have no idea what Kratos is doing in the middle of Norse mythology, or who the mouthy kid is, so everything is still disjointed, but I'm assuming all will be explained shortly.  

Just encountered the World Serpent for the first time (kinda reminds me of Shenron lol) so I haven't been playing long

maybe some stuff was missed in the beginning so I don’t think this is a spoiler but after God of War 3, it’s apparent he traveled to Midgard to leave that past life and shame behind and move on. There he fell in love, married and had a son, Atreus. This story opens with the death of his wife and their honoring her last request to have her ashes spread at the top of the mountain. 

no idea the timeframe but it’s been at least a hundred years, aging Kratos Quite a bit making him the reflecting, wise yet  regretful person he is in this game 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Does anyone know of any good, 3D stealth games on the XB1? When I say stealth, I mean actual stealth games. As much as I love Dishonored, Deus Ex and MGS 5, those aren't stealth games. If you've ever played Styx: Master of Shadows, thats the type of game I'm looking for, people. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've heard the Hitman games have a lot of stealth in them.