Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Just checked. All gone.

Hang in there man, just looked at the text alerts I had and they actually date back to Sept. 2020, so I had tried for almost 6 months.  I actually was searching "how to get a PS5" this morning before work and there were some tips and some alerts via Twitter, etc.  

I actually said **** it, I'll continue to just do the alerts I have and if I don't get one until summer, oh well.  The only thing I don't like about the alerts I get via text is that it defaults to Safari on my iPhone and it pulls up Amazon, Best Buy, etc. but doesn't have me logged in.  Today, when I clicked on it, on Amazon is said currently unavailable, logged in and it added to my cart.  

Other than Demon's Souls, and the freebie Astrobot, there is really nothing at all on PS5 I have any interest in.  If I had already payed Demon's Souls, there would be nothing to play.  I've been playing a couple PSVR games on it recently, but they are PS4 games.

There really is no reason to rush to get it. I mean I dig the outside of game functions it brings to the table, and between that and the Marantz they make up the core of my home media, but I can do most of it with the same old PS4. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Also, when I get a PS5 I'm gonna need to get a 4k monitor to play it on and probably the new headphones so what the **** ever Sony.

Yea thats a whole other thing. Your 4k monitor is gonna wanna run all those frames per second but thats another few hundred bucks right there. I ****ed around and got a TV specifically for this and the **** is waiting on firmware. 

Waiting honestly is the more appropriate move. Though I feel your fury lol

Eh I'm playing PS5 on a 10 foot screen in 1080p without HDR and it looks fantastic.  

You don't "need" to upgrade your display for PS5.  

4k is completely overrated.

Fight me.

41 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

like what?

I dont know if you can do most of these on the ps4 as I didn't try so forgive me if you can. And none of these are earth shattering. Just nice in cumulation. 

First and foremost the fact that I can run all of my 4k HDR/atmos/dolbey media with it is the best. Allows me to not need separate devices. All the Hulu, netflix and whatever else runs through as well as flip to the gaming thing when need be. Wife loves it cause she can watch anything on it. I would have gotten a "dumb" TV if they made them with the connections i needed. 

Its actually quiet. So you dont hear it during quiet times of movies. Which is great. My ps4 sounded like a plane for real. 

It turns on my TV and the Marantz for some reason when I power it up. And they go to sleep when it does. The ps4 didn't, but that may have been a setting I chose or something. 

Its able to manage the speaker zones too which I think is really kinda cool. 

Use it to stream music. I know you could do this with the ps4, but im not sure if I was able to link my ps4 with my phone like i can do with the ps5. So now when we are hosting or just cleaning or whatever around the house, I can flip songs from the cell and since the ps5 connects to the entire sound system is can play wherever in the house. I think this one may be more a function of the entire setup but ill still give ps5 credit here. 

Voice searching almost everything just by pressing right trigger is nice. And since there is a mic in the controller you dont need anything else to do it. Also speech to text is pretty good on it

That's really it. Nothing crazy but they all make my experience that much more smooth and cool. Also Its fun to show off to my nephew lol 

Edited by Llevron

Worth mentioning. 

Both have painfully small internal hard drive storage at launch for the era of these systems. Until you can plug and play cheap externals or internal SSDs that are compatible come down in price, it's going to be a hassle in managing your games. Assuming some of you find more than 1 or 2 you want to play. 

• Sad 1
8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Worth mentioning. 

Both have painfully small internal hard drive storage at launch for the era of these systems. Until you can plug and play cheap externals or internal SSDs that are compatible come down in price, it's going to be a hassle in managing your games. Assuming some of you find more than 1 or 2 you want to play. 

Wait so you can't just plug in USB hard drives like the Xb1 or 360?

Edited by clietas
38 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Only to play previous gen games. 

The counter to that is that because of the way the internal Hard drive stores data downloading is much faster. Science for the win. 

Edit: Why is that a counter Llevron? Because it leaves you room to manage it. You can installed and uninstall software (games) from the main menu in literally 5 clicks. Takes no time or effort. Not the best solution by far but i make use of it. I have a group of game that get installed when my nephew comes over. And they are uninstalled as soon as he leaves.  

Also they say they are fixing this with a firmware update sometime in the future. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1

While I agree that 825Gb isn't that much space now a days, the only way you will have issues with anything storage wise is if you're a hoarder of games and just refuse to delete stuff that you no longer play, which you could install whenever you wanted to later on if you opted to play the game again.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I’m running my ps5 on a 32 inch monitor with 1080p and 165 hz. Looks amazing. 4K is cool but like not really something I care too much about. 

Same here, got a 27 in gaming monitor, just 1080p.  Don't need one for my PS4 or soon to be PS5.  I'll ask for a 4K one for Christmas, no rush here.  Also don't feel like dropping any $$$ for one yet.  My daughter told us she wanted to save up her rewards (games, movies, etc.) and put it towards a gaming laptop (or buy mine out and I get a new one).

So, with her birthday coming up on March 7th, wife gave me the greenlight to buy a new gaming laptop for myself and give our daughter my current one.  Only bad thing, is my new laptop won't be delivered until end of March.  So I bought Tazette a lower end BenQ gaming monitor with a gaming keyboard and mouse to have to open on her birthday.  Plus my dad just gave me (or should I say her) his PS4 with his VR set.

So, I'll just set her PS4 up with her new monitor until I bequeath my laptop to her.  I told my wife that I think I'm more excited about all this than our daughter will be :rofl89:

• Like 2
6 hours ago, purbeast said:

While I agree that 825Gb isn't that much space now a days, the only way you will have issues with anything storage wise is if you're a hoarder of games and just refuse to delete stuff that you no longer play, which you could install whenever you wanted to later on if you opted to play the game again.

I will agree to disagree with that.

There is still a large portion of this country with very punitive data caps. Between streaming netflix/hulu/disney+ /hbomax/paramount+ and having to manage downloads because their new $500 gen systems came with less than acceptable storage is a problem. Plus some people actually do like the PS Plus and/or GamePass games and gasp..games that aren't less than 3 months old.

7 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I will agree to disagree with that.

There is still a large portion of this country with very punitive data caps. Between streaming netflix/hulu/disney+ /hbomax/paramount+ and having to manage downloads because their new $500 gen systems came with less than acceptable storage is a problem. Plus some people actually do like the PS Plus and/or GamePass games and gasp..games that aren't less than 3 months old.

Well people with data caps probably aren't downloading games that are 50+ gigs to begin with.  

Not sure what your point about PS+/Gamepass is supposed to be.  You can still delete those games when you are done with them and redownload them at a later point if you want to play them again.  It doesn't matter if they are 3 months old or 3 years old.

EDIT:

And just so we're clear - you CAN expand the storage space on an XSX right now.  And you will be be able to do it on PS5 this summer.  So unless you are in a hurry to fill up your PS5 HDD by the summer time with the weak library they have right now, this is kind of a moot point.

If they upgraded the storage to 2Gb at launch then everyone would be crying that consoles were $600+ at launch.

HDDs being smaller at launch and then having later iterations with larger HDDs is normal.  That's happened since HDD's were being put in consoles.

Edited by purbeast
1 hour ago, visionary said:

Just escaped from the ginso tree in Ori and the Blind Forest on switch.  Whew.  That was wild.  

That was by far the toughest/most frustrating part in the game.  It's awesome though.  That music is fantastic.  But I felt like that part just went on a tad too long.

• Like 1

Surving Mars is free on the Epic Games Store this week.

Simulation/City Building/Sci-Fi game. 

Very good game if you're into this genre.

• Like 2