Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Well.....happy to say I was able to snag a PS5 bundle from gamestop's website about 30mins ago.  Spent way more than originally intended to, but it is the 4k Disc drive version, extra controller, 3 games (Spiderman, Hitman 3, and Marvel something or other) and a $20 gamestop (online only) giftcard.  So the value of the bundle is legit, just probably not games I would normally care about besides maybe the Spiderman one.

I hope the original est arrival date holds true as it said March 26th-28th.  My 4k Yamaha Receiver is sitting here in its box, 4k TV is arriving Friday.  So having the PS5 arrive by the weekend would be the icing on the cake, but if not, I at least  have piece of mind that it is coming.

It's YMMV but people have been able to return games from bundles at some stores so if you don't want those games or the extra controller, give it a try.

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

It's YMMV but people have been able to return games from bundles at some stores so if you don't want those games or the extra controller, give it a try.

I def want the extra controller since I have kids.  The games?  I will definitely be keeping the Spider man game.  The other two, not sure yet, probably depends on the actual value I could get from Game Stop which in my experience is.....hardly any.

9 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I def want the extra controller since I have kids.  The games?  I will definitely be keeping the Spider man game.  The other two, not sure yet, probably depends on the actual value I could get from Game Stop which in my experience is.....hardly any.

Well you'd get the price you paid for them which I am guessing is full price.  It should be itemized on the receipt.  

6 hours ago, purbeast said:

Well you'd get the price you paid for them which I am guessing is full price.  It should be itemized on the receipt.  

Wait so you are saying that Gamestop would honor the games I got from the bundle as "returns" as opposed to trade-ins?  If that is the case then I am for sure probably going to return two of the games.  I was assuming they would only accept them back as trade-ins and the current trade-in value listed is $19ish for one and $13ish for the other. 

15 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Wait so you are saying that Gamestop would honor the games I got from the bundle as "returns" as opposed to trade-ins?  If that is the case then I am for sure probably going to return two of the games.  I was assuming they would only accept them back as trade-ins and the current trade-in value listed is $19ish for one and $13ish for the other. 

Yes.  But it's a huge YMMV.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Yes.  But it's a huge YMMV.

In that case I will call them ahead of time and ask before going there just to see what they say.  If they are willing to give me at least, say $40ish for them? I will happily return them, but if they will only give me the trade in value listed on the website I will probably just keep them around.  Since I also don't plan on going on a game buying blitz anytime soon anyway it might give me some stuff to mess around with for the time being.  The $20 gift card that came with the bundle will probably end up going towards Resident Evil 8 unless another game that I am not aware of hits sooner.

40 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

In that case I will call them ahead of time and ask before going there just to see what they say.  If they are willing to give me at least, say $40ish for them? I will happily return them, but if they will only give me the trade in value listed on the website I will probably just keep them around.  Since I also don't plan on going on a game buying blitz anytime soon anyway it might give me some stuff to mess around with for the time being.  The $20 gift card that came with the bundle will probably end up going towards Resident Evil 8 unless another game that I am not aware of hits sooner.

I wouldn't call I'd just go with the 2 games and the receipt and be like "I want to return these."

Again, it should be itemized on the receipt so you will get what they charged you for it as long as it's sealed, if they allow it.

I'd go in person because it's totally up to the person's discretion, and if you are nice about it I'd think they would just do it.

• Thanks 1

It’s been well documented that I have small hands. Wife surprised me with a switch. Even tho I played it before I haven’t spent much time with it until now. I really enjoy it but **** it really is difficult to play either as a handheld or using the bracket when you plug it into the tv. The buttons are so small and close together. You have to hold it with your fingers instead of your hands. I really don’t know how anyone with large hands can play it. 

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It’s been well documented that I have small hands. Wife surprised me with a switch. Even tho I played it before I haven’t spent much time with it until now. I really enjoy it but **** it really is difficult to play either as a handheld or using the bracket when you plug it into the tv. The buttons are so small and close together. You have to hold it with your fingers instead of your hands. I really don’t know how anyone with large hands can play it. 

Yeah, I played Breath of the Wild on portable mode and it wasn't ideal.  I got a 8bitdo usb dongle and a mini play stand so I can play Monster Hunter Rise on Switch with PS4 controller.  Way more comfy so far.

13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

where did you get this?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B7M5172/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_PN3D1EBJ65AVX01C26AY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Dual-USB-Playstand-HORI/dp/B07W7FNN9Z/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=hori+mini+hub&qid=1616791989&sr=8-4#

The playstand is only if you want to play on portable mode with ps4 controllers and charge at the same time (and to prop it up too I guess).  The dongle can plug into usb c port with an included adapter or straight into usb A on the dock or playstand.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bearrock said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B7M5172/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_PN3D1EBJ65AVX01C26AY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Dual-USB-Playstand-HORI/dp/B07W7FNN9Z/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=hori+mini+hub&qid=1616791989&sr=8-4#

The playstand is only if you want to play on portable mode with ps4 controllers and charge at the same time (and to prop it up too I guess).  The dongle can plug into usb c port with an included adapter or straight into usb A on the dock or playstand.  

That’s awesome. Thanks much 

• Like 1

Finally got the PS5 up and running last night.  Absolutely stunning. I am glad I held out until I put away the money to upgrade my entire setup because I could see how the naysayers might make the claim that these next-gen consoles don't look that much better if they are running it on a fully capable setup.  Also anyone who is in the market for a 4K tv I highly recommend to make sure the tv has an HDMI eARC port (most newer TVs will have one).  It is a game changer for surround sound purposes.  ARC is basically a two way audio capable port so basically if you run an HDMI cable from the tv's ARC port to your soundbar or receiver (also needs to have the ARC port) then anything you now hook up to your TV gets the usage of your surround sound system without having to run any separate cables or hook ups.   ARC had it's downsides in the past due to only being able to decode a limited number of surround sound modes, but the newer eARC port can decode all of them (for now, of course).    I upgraded to a Yamaha 4K receiver, my Sony was a trooper for last 15+ years, but it got to the point where the tech specs of it were so outdated plus the LED screen was nearly faded completely off unless the room was dark.  

I also bought Evil Dead 1/2, Total Recall & Apocalypse Now: Final Cut on 4k.....so far only had a chance to throw in Total Recall, but wow.......

2 minutes ago, purbeast said:

BTW, that arcade thing I posted up above sucks.  I'm returning it to Walmart this weekend.

Was it one of those contraptions that comes preloaded with a bunch of "classic" games that appear on the TV when you plug it in?  Did it suck due to the games available? Functionality? Both?

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Was it one of those contraptions that comes preloaded with a bunch of "classic" games that appear on the TV when you plug it in?  Did it suck due to the games available? Functionality? Both?

It does but it's also built to easily put your own games on it.

I installed Coinopsx on it which is a pre-packaged image with a really nice UI with marquees, preview videos, images, and each game has it's own font.  It has 1600+ arcade games and pretty much all of the good ones.

The thing that sucks are the following:

1. Input lag is awful.  You can't even play any competitive fighter serious at all because it's laggy as hell.  And the input lag isn't there when going through the menus of the whole thing so it's strictly during games.  Some have it worse than others too.

2. Some games have sound lag too.  In MK2 it's super noticeable.  Like you don't hear the impact sounds until the enemy is flying through the air, and sometimes they just completely get ignored.  This is also a game by game issue.

3. The graphics are terrible.  It's like it's missing some colors or  something.  It just looks terrible.  I was playing on my 65" TV and the graphics looked worse than on my 120" projector screen. 

Considering I have a MAME cabinet with my Killer Instinct 2 cabinet with a real CRT which has zippy lag, a RetroPie setup hooked up to my projector that is also lagless and doesn't look like ****, having this 3rd way to do the same thing is just a waste of money if it's not going to perform well.  It was nice to be able to have it upstairs on my main TV and because the joystick is wireless, I could put it away and pull it out whenever I wanted.  But, the input lag alone is a deal breaker for me.  Then you have the graphics sucking as well and some sound issues, it's like what is the point.  

I was trying to sell it on FB Marketplace but haven't had 1 person contact me about it.  I paid $100 + tax for the console, $18 + tax for the 128gb USB stick, and I was trying to get $150 for it and had no bites.  This thing sells for $200 retail too.  So I'm just returning it.

Go to like 5:30 in this video below and you can see how the UI looks.  It's very sleek but that's about it.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, KDawg said:

Anyone playing Outriders? Looks... decent.

I'm hesitant to give these games too much credit. 

Im playing it. It’s pretty fun. Much better than anticipated. I say give the free demo a try and see what you think. It’s a pretty good representation of what you get the rest of the way on a much smaller scale. And it’s free. And the progress carries over. And it’s free. 

Gears of war with Abilities and loot. 

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

i thought the Show was a PS exclusive?

Not anymore. First year on Xbox and free through game pass on Day 1. 

Game pass is going to disrupt the whole industry if it can deliver high quality titles day 1 like this. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 2

Outriders is such a great game so far and an incredibly fresh take on a shooter looter. The character builds feel really powerful and the abilities are great. The way you heal yourself based on your build and control the battlefield is the most unique experience I’ve had in a game in so, so long. 

It legitimately makes you feel like a sci-fi demigod, but it’s also hard as ****. I made a build where I only heal and gain armor in close range kills, and oh man getting a shotgun and just zipping through baddies is so great lol. 

Edited by No Excuses