Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Destiny 2 has me a special type of way because a lot of my friends from school play it and im too competitive to let them be better than me. I grind until im in ~ the top 3 then i quit for months and come back and do it again just to be better than them. 

Its a legit problem. 

Edited by Llevron

I'm pretty much strictly single player gaming now a days.  I got rid of PS+ once I realized online on Street Fighter 5 sucked ass, and I got rid of Xbox Live once SF5 came out and SF4 was dead.  I got pretty burnt out of multiplayer FPS games around when COD:MW2 came out and completely stopped playing them.

Now a days I simply don't have the time to get good enough to be able to compete online.  

Whenever SF6 eventually comes out though, I will try to get into that game and will buy PS+ for it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yep, I actively avoid interacting with gamers (no offense to present company).  I'm strictly single player. 

I should clarify that I will play multiplayer locally though.

My son and I recently played through all of Mario 3D World together and it was a blast.  That game is very solid with some very nice level design.  It can be frustrating at times though too because of the angle and it's hard to be precise.

And now we're playing through Bowser's Fury, which is also fantastic.  I'm playing as Mario and he's playing as Bowser Jr. and he loves doing that.

Sometimes we play Smash Bros but I do it begrudgingly with him because he just wants to game with dad.  I am not a big fan of that game.  I just find it boring.

Oh on a totally unrelated note, I saw last night Pistol Whip on PSVR was on sale for $16 and change so I picked it up.  I played it about 30 minutes and it's a wild game.  I recommend it if you have PSVR.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0170-CUSA19245_00-CHGVPIWHPSAM0001

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea I bought my daughter (5) a Switch so we could play together, but she so far hasn't gotten into it.  I haven't tried again for six months, maybe I will tonight. 

My son is turning 6 in a month.  He got pretty into it like around summer time.  Its crazy how quick he improved too in games like Mario Odyssey. He couldnt even do much on the very first level initially cause it was too hard for him to move around.  Then in a couple weeks he's doing advanced hat jumps and stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KAOSkins said:

Looking hard at Valheim as my next purchase.  Never one for survival games but by all accounts they took the tedium out of it.  

@PleaseBlitz service games are the ones that exist to sell you stuff in game. 

I wouldn't say they took the tedium out of it completely. It's definitely less grindy than other survival games, but you're still chopping trees and breaking rocks.

• Thanks 1

Service games are dead to me. I spent a few years grinding a game, enjoying the community and waiting for a "legendary" item to drop and get excited about. Everyone got a chance to loot one, not a high chance but enough to make it interesting. 3 years later, my 1 legendary weapon I got from a tournament. The community was cool, but constantly grinding for little reward took its toll.

I'm all in on story games now. Someone gifted me Jedi Fallen Order a week ago. Took me the weekend to download it. and the 1 hour I've played it so far have me intrigued. I'm not much for Star Wars, but I like what I see so far.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, bearrock said:

These days, I only play multiplayer with people I know in real life.  

I only play multiplayer for the most part.  I quit getting mic'd up with randoms and mute the players so I don't have to hear them.  Because I have the TV going on at the same time, I usually play just about every game muted too, except for FPS games.  

Only time I get mic'd up anymore is when playing with my friends.  Or the random drunk times when I mic up and start yelling at randoms for not playing objectives in FPS, then start killing everyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Mario Kart and Mario Odyssey.  Maybe not the best picks for a 5 year old girl, but when I got the Switch at the beginning of the pandemic, games were tough to come by. 

Yeah.  I got a bunch of games from GameStop when they had 5 for 50% off sales or cheap games on the Nintendo website https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/ , since they have a bunch of sales on digital games every month.  They also have a lot of demos.  I started out with just Yoshi's Crafted World and Fire Emblem Warriors, but have a ton of games now.  

Does your daughter play any kind of games?  I wonder if she would like Pikimin 3 deluxe (they have a nice demo on the website) or Yoshi's Crafted World, or if those are too complicated for someone her age.  There might be some cheap games you can download that she may find more to her liking though.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Mario Kart and Mario Odyssey.  Maybe not the best picks for a 5 year old girl, but when I got the Switch at the beginning of the pandemic, games were tough to come by. 

Try this Mario 3D world joint. Super cute and fun and you basically get unlimited lives. And when all else fails you can literally pick her up and throw her where you need too. My nephew loves it lol. Tons of giggles cause it’s insanity 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I was gonna preorder that game with 20% off cause of Amex but opted not to cause it comes out a week prior to RE8.  It looks okay but if it wasn't like a "launch window title" i probably wouldn't even care about it.

I got back into Gears 5 since I beat Demon's Souls and man I shouldn't have slept on this game.  It's pretty damn awesome.  Hammer of Dawn is probably the best weapon in any game ever.

7 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Mario Kart is great cause of the assists you can put on.  My son used that all the time when we played it.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I think the combat looks fairly interesting for an over-the-shoulder 3rd person shooter.  Probably need to be very aware of your surroundings.
Also butt.

i would just prefer something more grounded and personal to go with the graphics and awesome setting of the mysterious alien world. Was hoping it would be more realistic and then she starts hovering in the air and doing dashes against monsters the size of houses. Ugh