Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I was gonna say damn, time to abandon the family and get up to speed.

I played the rebooted version that came out like 4-5 years ago. Not much has changed from what I remember about the old ones. Run, gun, find powerups, use powerups, and kill everything. Very smooth and fluid.

This seems to build off of that same theme. All the baddies from the originals are back.

Doom Eternal is the most recent one that got really good feedback but that is all I really know about it. 

20 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Doom Eternal is the most recent one that got really good feedback but that is all I really know about it. 

Well this is gameplay walkthrough from Doom Rebooted. 

Should give you an idea of what to expect. All I personally know about Eternal is that it takes place on Earth.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Are we really going to have to wait until next Xmas before the new gen systems are actually in store? Seems to be a colossal rollout failure from both Sony and Microsoft (acknowledge that covid made it worse). 

They were on Best Buy's website earlier today.

19 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Are we really going to have to wait until next Xmas before the new gen systems are actually in store? Seems to be a colossal rollout failure from both Sony and Microsoft (acknowledge that covid made it worse). 

There’s a silicon chip shortage causing delays in 3080s as well. 

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

This is really it. The GPU market is a complete mess right now. Even the NVidia 20x0 series is selling over retail costs. 

There’s insane demand for them for everything from gaming to AI applications in auto, design etc. 

8 hours ago, purbeast said:

What you all recommend I play after done with Gears 5 - Doom Eternal or Halo 5?

I haven't played either of them before and will be playing em on XSX.

unless you are a huge Halo fan, play Doom first.

halo 5 is the worst in the series from a story and campaign perspective. The gameplay/gunplay is great and it’s the first game that really makes you feel like a Spartan with the new abilities added but it’s a letdown coming off Halo 4’s story and campaign 

Still to me, it’s better than 90% of other games because I love the world, lore and gameplay. I had fun with it but ultimately was disappointed by the story direction. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

12 hours ago, No Excuses said:

This is really it. The GPU market is a complete mess right now. Even the NVidia 20x0 series is selling over retail costs. 

There’s insane demand for them for everything from gaming to AI applications in auto, design etc. 

I'm aware..but hear me out. Both Sony and Microsoft knew the demand..why launch with such limited stock? They make this mistake nearly every launch and piss away immediate sales.  Why is it too much to expect them to have stock to meet most of the demand?

Tbh, I'm not sure I'll even stick around for the new gen machines anymore.  What's the point if you have to snipe them at xxxx time online within 3 minutes or they are gone, or in overpriced bundles (hey look they DO have stock), or through a 3rd party dickhead reseller?

Console consumers (me included) are ****ing lemmings about this. Why is this process acceptable every 6 or so years? 

Edited by The Evil Genius

Was really struggling with Civ 6 after the New Frontier DLC. Setup numerous games with various civs and everything always fell apart by the middle ages. Even turned down the difficulty to King n no success. 

The reason? Dramatic Ages. This setting is ridiculously difficult. Basically if you don't get a golden age for the era you'll lose at least one city because of loyalty. I clearly don't use the policy cards correctly to avoid a dark age. Had to turn Dramatic Ages off. Couldn't even hold 3 to 5 cities. 😖

The other add ons are useful and in many ways overpowering. Corporations n Monopolies and heroes n legends specifically. Had a honey monopoly while playing with Norway and achieved a cultural victory in less than 200 turns. It boosted my cultural output like 500% by the end.

Edited by clietas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm aware..but hear me out. Both Sony and Microsoft knew the demand..why launch with such limited stock? They make this mistake nearly every launch and piss away immediate sales.  Why is it too much to expect them to have stock to meet most of the demand?

Tbh, I'm not sure I'll even stick around for the new gen machines anymore.  What's the point if you have to snipe them at xxxx time online within 3 minutes or they are gone, or in overpriced bundles (hey look they DO have stock), or through a 3rd party dickhead reseller?

Console consumers (me included) are ****ing lemmings about this. Why is this process acceptable every 6 or so years? 

Well the problem is, you're wrong.

Sony is recording record sales with the PS5 launch.  If you call that a "mistake" then I'd love to have a business that makes a mistake like this.  

The demand also could not be higher for a PS5 right now.  No other console in history of consoles has had such a demand right now.

EDIT:

if you truly REALLY wanted to get a PS5, you could get one if you put the work in.  There's a reason I was able to get 12+ XSX/PS5 and helped multiple friends, people in this thread, and people on other forums get one too.  I also failed getting them a lot as well.  You just have to be willing and actually put in the work to find one.

Edited by purbeast

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Well the problem is, you're wrong.

Sony is recording record sales with the PS5 launch.  If you call that a "mistake" then I'd love to have a business that makes a mistake like this.  

The demand also could not be higher for a PS5 right now.  No other console in history of consoles has had such a demand right now.

EDIT:

if you truly REALLY wanted to get a PS5, you could get one if you put the work in.  There's a reason I was able to get 12+ XSX/PS5 and helped multiple friends, people in this thread, and people on other forums get one too.  I also failed getting them a lot as well.  You just have to be willing and actually put in the work to find one.

I hope Sony paid you for this

• Haha 5

There is no doubt that the roll out for both company’s is problematic at best and horrible at worst. That they’ve sold more than ever is a statement on their brands appeal, but does not make it a good rollout for their customers. Not when they could have sold 3x as many or more, who knows. Also that they’ve had 7 years to get ready for this, 7 freeking years! And receipts for how much the scalpers made as a sign of success is a testament to how grand a failure it is, for its customers. I don’t blame scalpers, the company’s are responsible for the failure and their inability to sell direct to customers and through its distributors.

34 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

There is no doubt that the roll out for both company’s is problematic at best and horrible at worst. That they’ve sold more than ever is a statement on their brands appeal, but does not make it a good rollout for their customers. Not when they could have sold 3x as many or more, who knows. Also that they’ve had 7 years to get ready for this, 7 freeking years! And receipts for how much the scalpers made as a sign of success is a testament to how grand a failure it is, for its customers. I don’t blame scalpers, the company’s are responsible for the failure and their inability to sell direct to customers and through its distributors.

They could only sell 3x as many if they could make 3x as many.  These companies don't own the chip-making foundries.  Right now there's a high demand for microchip manufacturing and you can only get what you can get.  Just look at the GPU market right now.  Generations old GPUs are selling for over MSRP.

13 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Decision to launch consoles in this window were made probably years ago. Since then, there’s really been two big constraints on GPU supply:

1. The growth of crypto mining and the preference for GPU’s

2. The explosion in gaming sales due to the pandemic. 

The issue really isn’t Microsoft and Sony. The issue is Nvidia and AMD not being able to meet the demand of all their customers. And they themselves are constrained since there aren’t enough semiconductor fabs to keep up with the explosion in demand. 

It’s much more likely that Microsoft and Sony expected to meet demand but now find themselves struggling for chip access. 

The situation is so bad that people are resorting to buying the Nvidia 10x0 series GPU’s.

• Like 1