Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

They could only sell 3x as many if they could make 3x as many.  These companies don't own the chip-making foundries.  Right now there's a high demand for microchip manufacturing and you can only get what you can get.  Just look at the GPU market right now.  Generations old GPUs are selling for over MSRP.

Right, I get it, but...when you know something is coming, you should be able to prepare for it.  7 years man. It’s a bad look. You can also wait until you can properly roll the product out..pretty sure they aren’t limited in the $ needed to secure the amounts needed. Didnt these issues happen last time they released? It’s silly imo. To point to the chipmakers, feels like a cop out.  Is this the company’s official line? Serious question. Is this how they are answering questions about the delays?

9 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Right, I get it, but...when you know something is coming, you should be able to prepare for it.  7 years man. It’s a bad look. You can also wait until you can properly roll the product out..pretty sure they aren’t limited in the $ needed to secure the amounts needed. Didnt these issues happen last time they released? It’s silly imo. To point to the chipmakers, feels like a cop out.  Is this the company’s official line? Serious question. Is this how they are answering questions about the delays?

Let's be real. You are making that 7 years number up.

Hardware wasn't even finalize a year out.

It boggles my mind that some of you think these companies don't like money.  If they could make more to meet demand which would make them more money, they would.

• Like 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/02/scalpers-arent-the-main-reason-you-cant-find-a-new-console/%3famp=1

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/02/sony-shipped-4-5m-ps5s-in-2020-but-is-struggling-to-speed-up-production/

Above are some interesting articles on the state of things in the gaming console market. Addresses supply shortages, miscalculation of demand forecasts, affects of scalpers, and a few other things. 

It’s fair to say that the overall demand exceeded our planning and as a result, we did have some supply constraints as we ended the year. Those were primarily, I would say, in the PC market, the low end of the PC market and in the gaming markets.  
-AMD CEO...

So I hadn’t looked into exactly why there has been such tepid supply when demand was so high. And from the looks of it it’s for a variety of reasons.

-Shortage of components

-A miscalculation of demand

-scalpers 

-trying to balance ramp of production costs vs. the retail price 
-Covid delays

All I want to say about it is that yes the company’s deserve some blame for the state of the market. The fact that Sony is selling every PS5 at a loss rn is insane. That they make more money on a PS4 rn is insane. And really illustrates, how competitive pricing on these consoles has become. 

I’ve got mine, so it’s a moot point for me, even though it took me a few weeks of really dedicating myself to getting it done. 
But to absolve the companies of any and all blame is imo incorrect. 

@purbeast @PokerPacker 

It will eventually sort itself out. 

@purbeast The 7 years I was referring to was just the time between consoles. No one made a number up, lol. Nothing more. I understand the tech hadn’t been ready for 7 years. I just think they couldve planned better is all. 

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Anybody wanna sell me on the hillbillie FarCry?

Farcry 5?

It's a lot of fun especially when ya replace peggies for Trumpers in your mind as ya "play". Blowing up their churches is extremely satisfying imo.

Also you can have a pet bear.

I need to finish the last zone in far cry 5 so I can move on to playing the primal or 80s arcade ones. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

It’s like it was made for you lol

I was looking at FarCry: New Dawn, but its not close enough to the Mad Max hellscape I was hoping for. Then I saw 5 for like 20 bucks less, and I remembered the Dukes of Hazard-ish teaser.

I am not above romanticized white supremacy, so long as I can righteously slaughter rednecks 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Honest question, has the chip shortage been going on for over a year now? I don't follow pc master race stuff so I wasn't aware of that impact. Thx for the info. 

It’s a little less than a year. When the Nvidia 30x0 GPU’s were announced, lots of PC people started selling their 20x0 GPU’s because the 30 series was much more powerful, and the cost was 1/2 of the 20 series. 

People expected large volume, cheaper costs, greater performance. What ended up happening was insane demand, scalpers and miners scooping most of them up, and now the 30 series is impossible to find at retail price. And that’s left the 20 and 10 series GPUs being sold over MSRP as well because that’s the best anyone who wants to build a PC can find right now.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I was looking at FarCry: New Dawn, but its not close enough to the Mad Max hellscape I was hoping for. Then I saw 5 for like 20 bucks less, and I remembered the Dukes of Hazard-ish teaser.

I am not above romanticized white supremacy, so long as I can righteously slaughter rednecks 

If I recall correctly, Far Cry 5 lets you ride around a bear and use it to maul rednecks.  So much fun. 

It also appeals to my desire to systematically decimate a religious sect. 

• Like 4

This Tomb Raider puzzle has whittled me down to nothing. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, nor do I want to peruse a strategy guide to get an idea. I also refuse to go to bed for the night until i beat it..

Stalemate 🤡

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

is this shadow, the last one?

Yeah. It was a room full of mirrors and machines powered by water, and it was the opposite of every sun mirror puzzle you've ever done, because it was one huge trick.

You weren't focusing the sun beam onto a specific point, you were focusing it in a way that powered the mechanisms to get you across the room and reach an Incan sculpture. And it kept making you circle back several times, to the point where you'd get frustrated, and screw everything up.

Most annoying puzzle I've ever done.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 1:22 PM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I’m enjoying my ps5 way more than Xbox series X. The ps5 hasn’t randomly turned off on me. 

The XSX has zero interesting games. I immediately regretted buying it once it turned out that the best game to play on it is Skyrim.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The XSX has zero interesting games. I immediately regretted buying it once it turned out that the best game to play on it is Skyrim.

Not gonna lie, Bethesda/Obsidian exclusives are the main reason I'd buy at this point, along with access to Skyrim/Fallout 4 mods