Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Not gonna lie, Bethesda/Obsidian exclusives are the main reason I'd buy at this point, along with access to Skyrim/Fallout 4 mods

The promise is there but I feel like this happened with Xbox at the last console cycle too: they make the beefier console (on paper), they release no good exclusives at launch, but there is the expectation that they will eventually and then the PS delivers far better exclusives for the duration of the console and Xbox can never catch up.

MS has been buying up lots of high quality studios so let’s see if they actually deliver this time. 

Finally finished GTA 4.  Forgot how long these games are.  Observations:

- It got a little difficult to remember how I became associates with some of the main characters in the second half.  There were a ****load of them, and mostly white mobsters.

- The game didn't end after I was delivered the character I was hunting down.  It didn't end after I killed the double crossing mobster from the beginning of the game.  It ended after I killed one of those Italian mob bosses, because he killed the girl Niko had a mere crush on.  A ****ing crush.  They never even hooked up.  She was fugly and dressed like a grandma anyway.  Weird way to end the game.

- The gunplay was great.  Took off auto aim and had a blast.

- The driving was great, as usual.  I loved the touch of having people slumped over with their heads resting on the car horn after you blast them in an accident.

- I wish they kept some characters more involved in the main missions.  Like I wanted Jacob and the former black mobster who just got out of jail to have my back and have more required game missions.  I also wanted to eventually have to kill the c0cky steroid freak.

- My favorite moment of the game was when the black girl who dealt a ton of coke was all worried she was going to jail, then the "we cleanin up these streets" guy came in to her apartment with his cameraman.  A few moments go by with some dialog, and from the side of the frame you see a gun point right at "steets" guys head.  BAM, then the cameraman, BAM.  I laughed my ass off, was yelling "hell yeah!"  That streets character was such a bamma.

I had a lot of fun, very good game.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, No Excuses said:

The XSX has zero interesting games. I immediately regretted buying it once it turned out that the best game to play on it is Skyrim.

The only game I've played on mine is Gears 5 lol.

My son's played Paw Patrol though.

I could have played both of those on my X1X and my son did play Paw Patrol on there.

It was kind of cool though last weekend I turned it on for the first time in like a month, and I had forgotten about the quick load, and I was back in Gears 5 in seconds.

Edited by purbeast

19 hours ago, No Excuses said:

The promise is there but I feel like this happened with Xbox at the last console cycle too: they make the beefier console (on paper), they release no good exclusives at launch, but there is the expectation that they will eventually and then the PS delivers far better exclusives for the duration of the console and Xbox can never catch up.

MS has been buying up lots of high quality studios so let’s see if they actually deliver this time. 

They're definitely gonna be behind, considering Bethesda seems to be in "Release one game every 10 years" mode. But with Starfield, Elder Scrolls, Indiana Jones, The Outer Worlds, and Doom, I mean, that's an incredible lineup. 

Still got the Konami outsourced ip's floating out there, too.

I still think Konami ip's ultimately will go to a Sony studio, possibly even Kojima's . If that happens, I think there's nothing MS will be able to do, even with Bethesda (who will still port some of their it's to PlayStation). Castlevania, Silent Hill, and Metal Gear are massive heavyweights.

9 minutes ago, purbeast said:

MS bought up a bunch of studios pre-Xbox One as well, and well, we know how that turned out for worthwhile exclusives.

Problem is technically they are never exclusive.  They will always be released on PC as well.  Then if PS dwarfs XB numbers, it makes financial sense to make the game for them as well...

Anyone remember Sega?

Game company, decided to do a console, still sold games to Nintendo, Coleco Vision (I believe they existed at the same time) and PC. Sega arguably even had the better system in the Saturn. But financially it made more sense to them to abandon the console and just make games. Companies ALWAYS sell consoles at cost or below. The money is in the licensing.

• Like 1

Quick update on Assassins Creed Valhalla. Even though it’s a bit slow moving, and there is way too much time (wasted) when you are either traveling by boat or horse, I will say there is plenty of meat on the bone. Meaning there are a lot of missions and build out to get through as you settle in England. I appreciate that at least. If it was a quick jaunt and boom you are done, I’d throw the game in the garbage and be disappointed. This way as you go along,  at least I, have begun to appreciate it more. 

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Problem is technically they are never exclusive.  They will always be released on PC as well.  Then if PS dwarfs XB numbers, it makes financial sense to make the game for them as well...

Anyone remember Sega?

Game company, decided to do a console, still sold games to Nintendo, Coleco Vision (I believe they existed at the same time) and PC. Sega arguably even had the better system in the Saturn. But financially it made more sense to them to abandon the console and just make games. Companies ALWAYS sell consoles at cost or below. The money is in the licensing.

I'm even talking about console exclusives.

Other than the normal Gears, Halo, and Forza that have been their B&B forever, what was there?

Edited by purbeast

19 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I'm even talking about console exclusives.

Other than the normal Gears, Halo, and Forza that have been their B&B forever, what was there?

Sorry... maybe my brain has been fried because of morons at work...but what do ya mean?

• Haha 1

Christ, this Tomb Raider is a travesty. Uninspiring in every way. Im glad I didn't pay full price for this. 🤕

23 hours ago, visionary said:

I bought "Coteries of NYC" thinking it was a heavy narrative. Turns out its like literal narrative. Can't say I'll be checking this one out

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Christ, this Tomb Raider is a travesty. Uninspiring in every way. Im glad I didn't pay full price for this. 🤕

I bought "Coteries of NYC" thinking it was a heavy narrative. Turns out its like literal narrative. Can't say I'll be checking this one out

Coteries was a visual novel.  It looked good, but I’ve seen a lot of reviews saying they rush you at the ending and your choices don’t make a lot of difference in the end.  This new game if it ever comes out is a sequel to a VTM game that came out years ago and is completely different than Coteries.  

• Like 2

I had a $5 Best Buy coupon I was going to use to buy some Microsoft Points, not allowed! So, I was going to buy Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire for XB1. However, that game is now free on GamePass, came out one day before the coupon expired. So now, I have POE 2 to play, but I want to beat DOS 2 before I dive into another CRPG. Especially one much more complex, has anyone played this game on the consoles yet?

On 2/24/2021 at 1:50 PM, purbeast said:

Which part don't you understand?

(Serious question so that I can clarify)

When you listed the games..pretty sure I got it now...it was definitely brain fry from being around and speaking to morons at work...

I honestly believed that MS was basically releasing all games on PC as well so technically there were no XB exclusives. But based on your comment I was mistaken. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

When you listed the games..pretty sure I got it now...it was definitely brain fry from being around and speaking to morons at work...

I honestly believed that MS was basically releasing all games on PC as well so technically there were no XB exclusives. But based on your comment I was mistaken. 

I don't game on PC so if there is a game on Xbox and PC, to me, it's an Xbox exclusive since I just by default think along the lines of console exclusives.

And if Xbox had one game I wanted to play and I didn't have one, I'd buy an Xbox to play it.  I wouldn't buy a gaming PC just to play a PC game though.

16 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

What is a service game?

MMO games like Destiny 2 or Anthem or The Division where the game never really ends and you just keep playing and they just keep releasing content into infinity. 

Which sounds nice, but what it ends up being is an eternal grind of the same limited content for months waiting for the next content (that you sometimes pay for) to drop and then you start the entire process over again. Into infinity. What it ends up being is super repetitive, grindy, and no feeling of completion. They are made to make money and keep you playing and spending money on them with in game purchases that you can "earn" but only if you are lifer. If you arnt, you have to pay.  

God Of War is a complete experience with an definite ending and sold to you as a complete package. 

Destiny 2 is a service game that is grindy, repetitive, addictive and still not "complete" like 5 or 6 years after release. 

I still love Destiny 2 and I have no idea why I even play it at this point. Its like life. I cant win. I just keep going because thats what you do. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

We can help you

No you cant. No one can anymore. 

(I actually haven't played destiny in like a month. I have decided to play games like Persona 5 and God of War so that I can actually enjoy them and then move on to something else. But this is like my 5th time quitting destiny cold turkey in like 5 years. It will be back. It always comes back. I am in its thralls and I will not let me go for long)  

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

MMO games like Destiny 2 or Anthem or The Division where the game never really ends and you just keep playing and they just keep releasing content into infinity. 

Which sounds nice, but what it ends up being is an eternal grind of the same limited content for months waiting for the next content (that you sometimes pay for) to drop and then you start the entire process over again. Into infinity. What it ends up being is super repetitive, grindy, and no feeling of completion. They are made to make money and keep you playing and spending money on them with in game purchases that you can "earn" but only if you are lifer. If you arnt, you have to pay.  

God Of War is a complete experience with an definite ending and sold to you as a complete package. 

Destiny 2 is a service game that is grindy, repetitive, addictive and still not "complete" like 5 or 6 years after release. 

I still love Destiny 2 and I have no idea why I even play it at this point. Its like life. I cant win. I just keep going because thats what you do. 

That is a much more comprehensive and accurate answer.   I stay away from those games like the plague.  Too much like doing the laundry.  You get done and there's always more tomorrow.

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1