Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

So last night in Demon’s Souls, after I upgraded my Scimitar from 9+ to +10 and getting the Light Enhance magic spell, I went back and faced the Maneater with that weapon enchanted by magic, and I beat it pretty damn easily. My melee damage was greatly increased after doing that.

Then I faced the Old Monk immediately after and it was like facing a regular enemy almost. Like I thought there was going to be more to that boss fight, like another one or something would come out, but nope. I couldn’t believe how easy it was.

This game is pretty fantastic though.  I'm really glad I picked it up because I wasn't sure I would like it or not.  

I have finished archstones 2 and 3, have gotten through most of 4-2, haven't started 5-2 yet, and have just passed 1-3 boss fight.

The Old Monk difficulty can vary wildly depending on whether you end up fighting the AI or a human invader. It's the only boss fight where you're potentially fighting another player, and that player might be terrible.

• Like 1

Playing Jedi Fallen Order and I like this game so far, I have a couple gripes so far though:

1. I actually wish the made the game a little less forgiving, its kinda like a "souls like lite" game. I still die a lot, but dying is more of an inconvience than anything else. Checkpoints are all over the place and when you die, getting your "souls" back only consist of you hitting the enemy. Add that in with the checkpoints putting you right next to your "souls", its not of much consequence.

2. Can anyone please tell me why every souls like game has slow, unresponsive controls? In a game like this, control is everything. The main character (Cal) swings his lightsaber slowly, jumps slowly, uses slow down force powers slowly and dodges slowly. This trope of "souls like" games needs to die off.

Looking at getting Tides of Numenera for XB1, anyone ever played that one before?

I could definitely see Uncharted 1 feeling dated at this point.  Back in the day while the graphics were fantastic and it was incredible, there was a lot of screen tearing (guessing that is fixed in the updated versions) and the control was pretty loose and poor.  That was tightened up big time in part 2.

1 hour ago, Mufumonk said:

The Old Monk difficulty can vary wildly depending on whether you end up fighting the AI or a human invader. It's the only boss fight where you're potentially fighting another player, and that player might be terrible.

I was playing AI only.  I don't have PS+ and haven't taken the game online at all.

11 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Looking at getting Tides of Numenera for XB1, anyone ever played that one before?

Loved Tides of Numenera (on pc).  It was a cool isometric role playing game. The system and combat takes some time to get used to though.  But the characters and the world are really cool. There is also a lot of reading in the game, I think.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, visionary said:

Loved Tides of Numenera (on pc).  It was a cool isometric role playing game. The system and combat takes some time to get used to though.  But the characters and the world are really cool. There is also a lot of reading in the game, I think.  

I've heard its like reading a novel, I'm ok with that. I'm trying to find a more story oriented RPG for consoles, kinda slim pickings out there.

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

Something like Disco Elysium?

Yep, that was on my list as well. My PC is pretty old, so I can't run it right now. However, I've heard its making its way to consoles, so I'll check it out then.

President Biden Only Just Beat His Granddaughter At Mario Kart

Over the weekend President Joe Biden made his first visit to Presidental retreat Camp David and to relax he played some Mario Kart Arcade GP DX. The moment was shared by his granddaughter, Naomi Biden, on Instagram.

sobtsxg9z8lvl1nl8t1q.jpg

He raced against his granddaughter, who later shared the moment on social media. She claims that although he is a “little rusty,” he still “(barely) won.” This does imply that Joe Biden has played Mario Kart before and that his skills have since gotten rusty over time. How good was Joe Biden at Mario Kart in his prime?

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

What do you think of Valheim? It’s been surprisingly fun IMO. 

Yeah it's pretty much my first foray into the genre but I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm not very far into it but it's been fun so far.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

For me, no game to date has done Norse mythology better than Tomb Raider: Underworld

Getting thru that deathly maze of Nephelheim and getting to literally wield Thor's hammer in the end... 🤗

did you ever get around to god of war 

22 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

NCAA 12 has been ebayed. 

what made you decide on 12?

19 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

For me, no game to date has done Norse mythology better than Tomb Raider: Underworld

Getting thru that deathly maze of Nephelheim and getting to literally wield Thor's hammer in the end... 🤗

Speaking of Norse mythology, I’m about 10-20% into the latest Assassins Creed. It’s ok, but a bit slow moving and formulaic, especially once it starts rolling the clips of the “story.” Hope it picks up soon, just got to England, we’ll see. 

I have to say I'm slightly surprised how easy the bosses have been later on in Demon's Souls.  I guess my build rocks but the last 4 bosses I've faced, I have beat them on my first encounter.  Last night I got to the boss of 4-2 for the first time and whooped him, and then the Storm King boss was pretty cool but easy to figure out and beat my first try.

I am slowly getting to the end of this game.  It's fantastic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

what made you decide on 12?

Sorry, I got 13, not 14 (the last year). 14 was going for $100, 13 was going for 25. 

Also, WVU’s roster should have guys resembling Tavon Austin and Geno Smith, 14 wouldn’t. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I have to say I'm slightly surprised how easy the bosses have been later on in Demon's Souls.  I guess my build rocks but the last 4 bosses I've faced, I have beat them on my first encounter.  Last night I got to the boss of 4-2 for the first time and whooped him, and then the Storm King boss was pretty cool but easy to figure out and beat my first try.

I am slowly getting to the end of this game.  It's fantastic.

It definitely gets easier as you get a feel for the utter insanity early on, and keep getting stronger. Old King was still a pain in the ass iirc.

His attacks were similar to some Bloodborne bosse, where they ranged from slow and deliberate to lightning quick, with feints and bullrushes. Took 5-6 tries. Probably more to do with my clanky build than anything else. You have to dodge him, and I had a no dodge build

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It's in the queue 

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2

Damn. Got me.

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Speaking of Norse mythology, I’m about 10-20% into the latest Assassins Creed. It’s ok, but a bit slow moving and formulaic, especially once it starts rolling the clips of the “story.” Hope it picks up soon, just got to England, we’ll see. 

I hope it doesn't pick up.

• Haha 2