Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

For me, no game to date has done Norse mythology better than Tomb Raider: Underworld

Getting thru that deathly maze of Nephelheim and getting to literally wield Thor's hammer in the end... 🤗

The Banner Saga has an interesting Norse-inspired mythology

25 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Ubisoft abandoned me 

I used to say the Ubisoft had a dualistic nature where they were half Nintendo and half EA.  Lately I feel they've been pulling further to the EA side.

• Like 1

Gotta say I'm slightly disappointed with how easy the x-2 and x-3 bosses are in Demon's Souls.

I just finished the 5th archstone and once again, I beat both bosses on the very first encounter.  I'd say the x-3 bosses generally speaking were pretty damn easy.  I didn't even "get" 2 of them.  Like they were super duper easy almost to the point of like WTF? (4-3 and 5-3).

Anyways I've gotta be near the end of this game at this point I'm on 1-4 and got to the dragon part then had to turn it off for the night.

14 hours ago, No Excuses said:

What do you think of Valheim? It’s been surprisingly fun IMO. 

I take it back. Our crew got ****y, sailed the ocean into new land and got completely rekt. We’re now back to our starting base, without all our gear and have to build a boat to somehow get across to get back our gear. But there’s now a serpent guarding the ocean and he’s destroyed two of our boats already. 

This game is the evil child of Minecraft, Dark Souls and Breath of the Wild.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 2

Yikes. We aren't at that point yet. I've been thinking about crafting and stashing backup sets of gear as I go.

Edit: If I understand things right, you could also stock up on a different world and then load into that one once you're kitted out again.

Edited by dfitzo53

Finally finished Demon's Souls. What a great game. It definitely felt easier as the game went on and it's probably just because I "got it" more than earlier on. But what a fun and challenging ride it was. It's super rewarding too as you actually feel like you accomplish stuff as you make progress in the game. I was a bit disappointed at how easy some of the bosses felt later on but I'm not sure if it's because of my build or if I was just better at the game, or a bit of both.

I did feel like no matter what items dropped, that nothing was as good as my current setup I was using. I literally used like 1 main weapon the entire game, leveled up as I progressed, and then later just enchanted it with magic. And no other weapon I picked up was close to doing the damage of that setup. Not even some of the very later "special" weapons that you get.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Sounds like you had a good build, but the game definitely gets easier as you get stronger. Pretty much the opposite of most games, where it starts off easier.

I literally used the same sword like the entire game.  I'd try others but then realize they aren't as good as what I used.

For literally 95% of my play time, the following was what I had equipped

R1 - Scimitar (eventually leveled up to +10)

R2 - Talisman of God

L1 - Silver Catalyst

L2 - Adjudicator Shield

I really didn't even use the Talisman of God other than when I was on 4-2 and would get like 30k souls and want to leave to the Nexus to cash out and level up.  After I passed that level I like never used it.  Then I'd have an enchantment magic spell ready to enchant my R weapon and the Soul Arrows.  Once I got the upgraded enchantment spell that is really all I used.

But the Scimitar +10 + the enchantment was like 370 damage and I could get a good 5-6 swipes out before my stamina ran out, and it swung fast.  

And then with the adjudicator shield + regenerator ring, my health would constantly come back quickly.  I had the Cling Ring on the entire time I played too.  I would change the second ring periodically though based on what I was doing.  I used the thief ring and also the magic regenerator one a bit too.

• Like 1

Just took a look at my full queue:

Control

God of War

Death Stranding

Hitman 2

The Forest

THPS1+2

Sekiro:Shadows Die Twice

Plague Tale

Telltale Complete TWD Series 

Tales From The Borderlands 

Shadow of The Colossus

Shadow of War

Terminator: Resistance 

I swear I must be subconsciously buying ****. 🙃

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Just took a look at my full queue:

Control

God of War

Death Stranding

Hitman 2

The Forest

THPS1+2

Sekiro:Shadows Die Twice

Plague Tale

Telltale Complete TWD Series 

Tales From The Borderlands 

Shadow of The Colossus

Shadow of War

Terminator: Resistance 

I swear I must be subconsciously buying ****. 🙃

That is one of the reasons that I never really buy old games on sale.  Because I know I won't actually play them and don't want a backlog of games.  The only time I really do that is for Switch because I know that when I go on vacation I will like to have something new to play on the flights.

Black Friday this past year is really the only time I did that, but that was because I knew there ain't jack **** out for Xbox Series X and there were some Xbox One games I had interest in but never played.  Now that I finished Demon's Souls I can spend time playing some of those games now.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, purbeast said:

That is one of the reasons that I never really buy old games on sale.  Because I know I won't actually play them and don't want a backlog of games.  The only time I really do that is for Switch because I know that when I go on vacation I will like to have something new to play on the flights.

Black Friday this past year is really the only time I did that, but that was because I knew there ain't jack **** out for Xbox Series X and there were some Xbox One games I had interest in but never played.  Now that I finished Demon's Souls I can spend time playing some of those games now.

This is exactly what it is. Just looked at my old purchases and most of these basterds were under $35 purchases.

Aaaaand I just bought Doom: Eternal 😔

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

This is exactly what it is. Just looked at my old purchases and most of these basterds were under $35 purchases.

Aaaaand I just bought Doom: Eternal 😔

Haha.

Doom Eternal is one of the 3 Xbox One games I bought to play on XSX.  After I finish Gears 5 I'll probably do that before I do Halo 5.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Llevron said:

Which one of y’all is gonna play this Outriders demo with me? 

39 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Can I slaughter the innocent?

Is there a religious faction that I can nuke?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
11 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Is there a religious faction that I can nuke?

50 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Can I slaughter the innocent?

I actually don’t think you can do any of those things lol. Damn I guess y’all are out. 

(It’s a looter shooter, so I doubt it’s y’all kinda jam anyway. But if I find some cultists I’ll tell you) 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
9 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Yeah I've played Doom you noob. 

I haven't played Doom Eternal though.

I was gonna say damn, time to abandon the family and get up to speed.

I played the rebooted version that came out like 4-5 years ago. Not much has changed from what I remember about the old ones. Run, gun, find powerups, use powerups, and kill everything. Very smooth and fluid.

This seems to build off of that same theme. All the baddies from the originals are back.

Edited by Mr. Sinister