Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Washington @ Arizona

TK

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Someone non biased tell me who’s at fault in that pass. Cause I wanna blame the TE but I have done that so much I feel like I can’t trust myself 

Maybe it could have been caught. But another QB could just drop it in there easy like, arguably. 

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I think he has all the grey matter. He makes generally good decisions, he doesn't turn the ball over. Mechanics need work, and he needs more around him, to even begin to evaluate him fully.

The fact his mechanics are such a mess at this point is frankly extremely concerning.  He's worked with outstanding coaches at Ohio State, his personal QB coaches, Zampese and Scott Turner.

I get that it takes time and reps, but the accuracy is SO bad, it's something which might not get fixed.

We will see.  I'm completely undecided.  I have no idea if he's a complete bust or a gem.  Or something in the middle.  

We have been inside the 5 yard line 2 times today and have 3 points to show for it.

What I liked about Haskins last game was that even though he looked rough at times he made plays when he had to and that's just not happening today, it's the complete opposite.

We should be right in this game.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

The fact his mechanics are such a mess at this point is frankly extremely concerning.  He's worked with outstanding coaches at Ohio State, his personal QB coaches, Zampese and Scott Turner.

I get that it takes time and reps, but the accuracy is SO bad, it's something which might not get fixed.

We will see.  I'm completely undecided.  I have no idea if he's a complete bust or a gem.  Or something in the middle.  

looks like a bust to me. Haven’t seen anything that tells me he has what it takes at this level. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Someone non biased tell me who’s at fault in that pass. Cause I wanna blame the TE but I have done that so much I feel like I can’t trust myself 

Yes. The answer is yes.

The tight end isn't a top end tight end. A guy like Kittle or Kelce hauls that in, and a quarterback like Rodgers makes those throws more than they miss them. Neither Haskins nor Thomas are elite talent. So the throw has to be better for the tight end. It wasn't. And to be fair, that ball was so high that even Kelce/Kittle may not catch it. But Thomas didn't get his head around very quickly, either. 

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You're wrong.  You're so wrong, you're dead wrong.  

Haskins has an unbelievable amount of physical talent.  

That's not the question.  The question is if he can process information, learn mechanics and play QB efficiently.  

So far, the answer is no.  And if it takes the majority of this season to prove that out, so be it.  Which is the big reason why we spent next to nothing in the off-season.  If they decide Haskins isn't the answer after watching him play this year, he's gone, there will be another QB in here, and they can spend money anywhere they want.  

???  If  your idea of talent is simply being able to throw a ball hard then you’ve missed the point of football. He’s inaccurate, not extraordinarily tall, not fast, not imposing, not processing concepts at even a sub par level. What exactly is his physical talent?  

give me the physical traits that you attribute to his potential, bc potential is all he’s got as his current play stinks. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I thought it was thrown a bit high with too much zip on it. Would have had to be a spectacular one-handed catch.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

That's my feeling too. We have no idea what he is yet--this wasn't the ideal situation to develop those either, this past off-season, so Im withholding any judgement. We need more information. 

Archived