Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Washington @ Arizona


Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Possibly the most punchable face in franchise history.  

I will call your punchable face and raise you one:

 

image.jpeg.e08dc495404a97228f208cd879ef527f.jpeg

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I will call your punchable face and raise you one:

 

image.jpeg.e08dc495404a97228f208cd879ef527f.jpeg

 

Edit: I should have scrolled down a few posts :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zskins said:

 

I had no problem with it either. I think the fans are so high on Ron right now that whatever he says is gospel. If Gruden had said that... well ...pitch and forks would have been out...lol


deservedly so! Gruden wasn’t a head coach that took his team to the Super Bowl or won coach of the year twice or made 8 playoff appearances.

Edited by ClaytoAli
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve lost a lot of faith in Haskins. Maybe my preseason expectations were unrealistic because I bought into the hype, and I get that the OL is atrocious and our weapons are putrid (I mean Inman is basically our 2 receiver), but he no longer strikes me as someone who can dominate or at least take over a game. He’s always going to play second fiddle some other aspect whether it be a run game or a dominant front 7, and if he ever is the focal point it’s because we lost.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

The defense had a almost historic game against mostly Eagle back up O lineman and set up just about every score for the offense.  Eagles looked bad again today.   

 

The WFT looked like a pretty bad team, today.  If they lose Scherff to an already bad O line?  The season can go south quick.  Yeah it ran through my head today too that we and the Giants might be the two worst teams in the NFL.  But I got to see how they play next week before I firmly plant myself there.

 

As much as I didn't think this was a good matchup for us.  Conversely i do think the Browns are a good matchup for us.  If we lose that one, then all bets are off for me. 

 

It was not mostly backups and that needs to be dropped.

 

Their right side was backups but their center and left guard were the regular starters and their left tackle was last years starter even if they had planned to replace him

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, carex said:

 

It was not mostly backups and that needs to be dropped.

 

Their right side was backups but their center and left guard were the regular starters and their left tackle was last years starter even if they had planned to replace him


actually it is true. They lost both their tackles: Dillard and L. Johnson. Lost their guard, Brooks. Then they lost one of their backups as a kicker during the game.

 

Peters was signed back after the injuries. The guy is 100 years old and there is a reason why they didn’t bring him back after the season nor did any other team sign him. His best days are behind him. Even Cooley made fun of how old he looked and played like in that game. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
Link to post
Share on other sites

How does everyone think Christian did today compared to last week? 

25 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I’ve lost a lot of faith in Haskins. Maybe my preseason expectations were unrealistic because I bought into the hype, and I get that the OL is atrocious and our weapons are putrid (I mean Inman is basically our 2 receiver), but he no longer strikes me as someone who can dominate or at least take over a game. He’s always going to play second fiddle some other aspect whether it be a run game or a dominant front 7, and if he ever is the focal point it’s because we lost.

It's a QBs league. I'm starting to get the game manager feeling from Haskins too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:


actually it is true. They lost both their tackles: Dillard and L. Johnson. Lost their guard, Brooks. Then they lost one of their backups as a kicker during the game.

 

Peters was signed back after the injuries.

 

as I said Peters was their starter last season, and they never successfully replaced him.

 

Also Peters was signed back to play RG

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/jason-peters-signs-eagles-right-guard

 

So, they returned 3/5s of their OL from last year and played 3/5ths of the predicted starters since August

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, carex said:

 

as I said Peters was their starter last season, and they never successfully replaced him.

 

Also Peters was signed back to play RG

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/jason-peters-signs-eagles-right-guard

 

So, they returned 3/5s of their OL from last year and played 3/5ths of the predicted starters since August


 

So Dillard getting hurt doesn’t count? Even though he was slated to play LT. Just because? 

 

So on the same token if Chase Young gets hurt and is replaced then as long as it’s by a dude that started before that replaces him, then it should not be counted as us being down a starter since he wasn’t the guy here last year, 
 

And the Eagles clearly thought Peters was past his prime at 38 and ditto apparently the rest of the nfl doesn’t sign him either that’s also irrelevant just because...

 

That would be like us being off for complaining for example about Josh Norman losing a step in 2019 as if that stuff doesn’t happen to aging players 

 

Lets just agree to disagree

Edited by Skinsinparadise
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

 

Yall never seen use do that or never seen us do that in a game you were convinced we had a chance in?

 

I've seen us beat so Bandon multiple tds we couldn't wait to get out of there, and not have unnecessary injuries.

 

Was the comeback stopped by Rivera? No, it was stopped by the Cardinals.  

I have never seen ANY team do that in ANY situation.  I have seen teams down by 2 or more scores with 30seconds on the clock take timeouts.  I never count out the possibility of anything after watching the team come from behind on a Monday night against Dallas with about 2 minutes remaining in the game.  To just admit defeat and watch the clock tick down with your arms crossed is a bad look no matter what his motivation.  If we are going to play our  games based on odds or probabilities of injury then I guess we are in for long and losing season.  At what point in the game do you go into prevent injuries mode?  The 2 minute mark or maybe the 3 minute mark?  Rivera just admitted defeat and wanted the game over, so he let the clock run. Again, I have only watched about 45 years of this team, but during that time I have never seen a coach do that in any game.  Often, I have watched games where I wondered why is that team even bothering to call a timeout, it would take a miracle for them to win...yet they stilled called it and they should have.  You never want to look like you quit or gave up. Not taking timeouts and standing there with your arms crossed watching the clock tick down....gives the appearance of quitting.  I believe that sends a signal to the team and to the fans.  The interpretation of that signal is to be determined I suppose.  Again, I will go back to that Monday night game against Dallas.  I didn't give us a chance in hell of winning that game with just the 2 minutes or so left and down by 2 scores.  No chance we win that game.  We had played like complete garbage the entire game.  Why would I ever think we could pull off a great upset?  Yet, we did and it was glorious.  Brunell to Moss for bombs...and the Skins won.  So, yeah, not at least trying to do something at the end while sitting on 2 timeouts is a bit shocking to me and my son.  As far as stopping a comeback goes, you have to at least attempt a comeback for it to be stopped.  Odds are even if we got the ball back, Arizona would have snuffed out.  I guess we will never know, will we?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dirt said:

Doesn't really matter what the win/loss number is this year , the name of the game is figure out an offense.  Whether with these players or players to come, gotta figure something out because our offense is basically nothing.

 

Brutal truth is that it comes down to QB.  Haskins is still a question mark.  I'm fine with using this year to let him grow and figure it out, and we'll be fine with replacing him if we have to, but we have to find an offensive identity.  


Agree. Seems like this year will be about Haskins getting a season long induction of Turners scheme. Sink or swim. We will then add the other pieces in due course.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hot yesterday as well, but I think we need to relax a bit. We all knew this season was going to be tough and yesterday was tough for sure. I think the Cardinals are a good team, especially on offense and their strengths are exactly where our weaknesses are. They have a great receiving core and a QB that can extend plays and with his ability to scramble slows down the pass rush. I also think Murray is a really talented QB. This was always going to be a tough matchup on that side of the ball.

What's positive from my point of view is that we had their running game pretty much under control (outside of Murray scrambles and a couple of late game runs) which gives me confidence, that the run defense we saw in week 1 wasn't a fluke. We play the Ravens and the Seahawks later in the year but outside of those two matchups the most mobile QB we are facing is Dak. I also have some confidence that JDR can adjust his defense going forward.

 

The offense looked abysmal for 3/4 quarters, there is very little positive to say. But I think we just have to recall that our offense was always going to struggle. An inexperienced 2nd year QB with no offseason, an entirely new coaching staff and the worst supporting cast in the whole league. Terry is awesome but outside of him who do we really have? If you saw how much separation Arizona's WR created compared to ours - how is this offense supposed to move the ball? The o-line got absolutely destroyed once again yesterday. Haskins made some really bad decisions and had some tough misses but he also had pressure coming from left and right at all times. If we can't stretch the field this offense won't work and how are we supposed to stretch the field if Hasksins doesn't even have 2 seconds to throw?

I feel bad for Haskins. Looking at other teams with second year QBs and how much these teams invested in their QBs it's just rough what we have done to Haskins. I really think a decent TE would elevate Haskins game a lot considering how often he looks at his TEs. But we have Logan Thomas here, a guy who might run the worst routes out of the TE position I have seen in a long time. The only thing that dude has going for him is his size and speed combination. His blocking is horrible and he does not fight through contact at all. That endzone throw that sailed on Thomas...there was a little bit of contact and it disrupted his whole route. A different TE with some route running talent would have been a couple of steps further down the endzone. In a man to man situation this guy doesn't create separation and then he drops passes that he needs to catch (sideline throw first drive of the game). I think Logan Thomas would struggle to make the roster for some other teams - here is Haskin's go to guy in the redzone and in short yardage situations...

Edited by Panninho
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rhazaghul said:

I have never seen ANY team do that in ANY situation.  I have seen teams down by 2 or more scores with 30seconds on the clock take timeouts.  I never count out the possibility of anything after watching the team come from behind on a Monday night against Dallas with about 2 minutes remaining in the game.  To just admit defeat and watch the clock tick down with your arms crossed is a bad look no matter what his motivation.  If we are going to play our  games based on odds or probabilities of injury then I guess we are in for long and losing season.  At what point in the game do you go into prevent injuries mode?  The 2 minute mark or maybe the 3 minute mark?  Rivera just admitted defeat and wanted the game over, so he let the clock run. Again, I have only watched about 45 years of this team, but during that time I have never seen a coach do that in any game.  Often, I have watched games where I wondered why is that team even bothering to call a timeout, it would take a miracle for them to win...yet they stilled called it and they should have.  You never want to look like you quit or gave up. Not taking timeouts and standing there with your arms crossed watching the clock tick down....gives the appearance of quitting.  I believe that sends a signal to the team and to the fans.  The interpretation of that signal is to be determined I suppose.  Again, I will go back to that Monday night game against Dallas.  I didn't give us a chance in hell of winning that game with just the 2 minutes or so left and down by 2 scores.  No chance we win that game.  We had played like complete garbage the entire game.  Why would I ever think we could pull off a great upset?  Yet, we did and it was glorious.  Brunell to Moss for bombs...and the Skins won.  So, yeah, not at least trying to do something at the end while sitting on 2 timeouts is a bit shocking to me and my son.  As far as stopping a comeback goes, you have to at least attempt a comeback for it to be stopped.  Odds are even if we got the ball back, Arizona would have snuffed out.  I guess we will never know, will we?

 

I've seen teams down big take the timeouts, I've also seen them not take the time outs

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...