Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

17 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

My gut tells me that there's a whole lot more that was investigated but either it couldn't be corroborated, the corroboraters got cold feet (or a sack of dough from Danny) or Snyder's lawyers forced the Post to blink.

We'll see if there are additional stories or this is all we get.

Agreed.  I think there is a reason the article took so long to drop and given that only one woman was willing to allow the Post to disclose her name there are likely other allegations that got pulled from the final product.  

• Like 2

Whelp there it is, it’s not something till it’s something. Hard to quantify how bad as compared to some stuff in this league but everything makes sense now. Snyder may survive it but If he does he’ll have to publicly accept the incompetent and clueless tag that he should have been wearing all along.  ....Santos ,holy crap what a douche.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, profusion said:

Do these allegations surprise anyone who's been following the Dan Snyder Football Franchise since 1999? It's completely on-brand. We already knew it was a third-rate brofest. Even their inappropriate pickup lines are lame.

I'm waiting to see what some of the reporters who hyped this on Twitter have to say. 

I can imagine there was going to be more but that the team managed to cut off too many of the Post's sources.

If Snyder was an executive, he might be out. No way the NFL will be able to oust over this. It also doesn't seem like enough for the minority owners to all want to suddenly abandon ship.

The story said 14 former employees were still under NDAs which the Redskins declined to release them from for this story.  I would assume the Post couldn't get into too much detail about their stories for fear of outing them?  I guess a lawyer would need to speak on this.

24 minutes ago, Hooper said:

In the grand scheme of things, this is a nothingburger, I'm afraid. Bunch of sleazy football bros. Not even one allegation of assault.  I'm glad the women are getting their stories out, but the build up was insane.

Not to diminish in any way what these ladies are alleging if the allegations are true...but for the grand scheme of the team...very little will come of this unless there is more yet to be reported. 

They admit no formal complaints were made, (allegedly the organizations sexual harrasment policies did not give instructions on how to complain...they will need to fix that), the owner and the top executive at the time can't be proven to have known anything about this, and all the alleged culprits no longer work for the organization.  The victims could sue them, but without any record of a formal complaint made I don't see how they even win a civil suit.  I could see a settlement with them though to put it to rest, but at this point it will be a he said/she said.  

Edited by Painkiller

16 minutes ago, Xameil said:

As one of the people I assume people think is saying so what...

It's not that I dont think it's not a big deal...its terrible in fact...its just not surprising...and not even close to nuclear...

I  agree, for Snyder it's not a "you have to sell" situation. And it's not what the rumors suggested, which would have legitimately called for criminal trials.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Wrong, if people complain about the behavior of your employees and you do NOTHING until an article is about to drop is absolutely disgusting. Sure, it's not sex trafficking, but this is unacceptable. 

I 100% agree. This is a bad situation and should have never gotten to this point and I’m glad now with Ron there there seems to be a little more accountability even though there’s still a long way to go. I don’t think anyone is arguing that. 

But this is also not something that will lead to a change in ownership and at the end of the day that fact along with the reality of what has been happening in the organization is disappointing. 

1 minute ago, Murphs56 said:

This is the Dallas Mavs all over again. Snyder already hired Rivera, fired everyone involved and hired a firm to conduct an internal investigation. 

snyder sucks and made his entire career exploiting people (including us), but hes not stupid. In fact, i think hes incredibly slick- like a used car salesmen. He'll skate on this because he has the resources and the experience to do so. As someone else said here, ill bet he not only killed several pieces of this story (in part because of potentially some slimy NDA maneuvering), but was behind the leaks to make the actual story relative. 

he's a really big POS, but a savvy businessman, even if without ethics. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Well everyone named in the article declined to comment, except Gershman. So obviously you only get one side of the story. And it still looks bad.

The article stated that everyone else was under an NDA and although they wanted to speak, Snyder's attorneys wouldn't allow them to.

I assume the most juicy tidbits are locked away in some attorney's office never to be heard from again unless the NDAs can be voided.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves

Just now, Bacon said:

So the FBI getting involved was a flat-out lie then? Or is there a separate, unrelated story coming? 

There was so. much more leaked and thrown out there to soften the blow of this.

This is all very very bad. But the "bombshell" stuff was to hype this up to a point where the story could never live up to it 

2 minutes ago, wrilbo67 said:

The second is that the Post could only get 1 of the 15 women on the record.  I believe all the accounts, but I also know quite a few women who've worked in industries that attract sociopaths and they're pretty open about the open sexual harassment, partners asking them to dress sexier, clients getting inappropriate, etc.

I like to think I haven't gone full Q-anon, but I feel like we're missing part of the story that the Post can't report.

The others either are still with the team or signed NDAs, most likely. They could also be with other teams or with media outlets. The sports industry and its media is kind of a "small town" where everyone knows everyone, I'd imagine.

I'm too cynical (and too much of a lawyer) to "believe all women"--women are a-holes, too. However, I strongly doubt 15 unconnected women are all lying.

I'd be shocked if there wasn't originally more to the story, and I won't even speculate what that might have been. Perhaps the Post felt pressure to "get some story out there immediately" and withheld the more shocking stuff for further development.

Just now, bearrock said:

Maybe people should stop looking at this through the lens of "Will this force Snyder to sell?" and start looking at it through the lens of "Can I in good conscience continue to be a fan of this team?" 

The former would assuage the latter for most. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'm going to be pissed if people (the NFL) can't read between the lines and realize Dan was condoning this behavior.

Absolutely.

The article makes it sound like Dan runs the team the way Leonardo DiCaprio ran his firm in Wolf of Wall Street..

1 minute ago, Tay said:

This may be the tip of the iceberg. The league should force the team to let everyone out of their NDA's and perform a thorough investigation about the work environment with the team.

The league will do no such thing. Owners don't want to set precedent that could be turned against them next time.

2 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Maybe people should stop looking at this through the lens of "Will this force Snyder to sell?" and start looking at it through the lens of "Can I in good conscience continue to be a fan of this team?" 

Keep dreaming people are memorized by this crap, will buy 20 dollar cans of budlight, pay 100 to park a mile away all while rooting for Norv 2.0 to coach the Maryland whatevertheyarecalled