Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 minutes ago, drowland said:

Well the story said they requested Larry's "hot mic" tape which prompted Larry to retire so I assume Dan got the heads up on Santos and Mann from the Post.  

If memory serves the article stated that they asked to interview Larry Michael Wednesday morning. He quit a few hours later.

Make of that what you will.

1 minute ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Its not that I dont believe it, probably happened just not hanging people from the post article, a paper that has written many fake news articles and that have a clear agenda.

Did the Post have an agenda 30 years ago when the team was winning Superbowls?  Or did this “agenda” appear about 20 years ago- about the same time Synder bought the team and embarrassing missteps started happening with regularity?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Yeah? Cool. Have at it. The news will come when it comes, make your decisions then if you’re unsure. 

reading people is an art. Sometimes you get a good read sometimes you don’t. I’m pretty sure of the read I got. 

I work with/for a client who has no problem whatsoever calling me "stupid", questioning whether or not I can understand basic english, uses profanity at the drop of a hat, claims I'm making "excuses" when I correct something about my work he got wrong, has definitely yelled at me on different occasions, etc, etc...one other designer just cut ties with him after venting to me several times about her interactions with him, and another designer started to get pissed off during an online meeting when the guy I work with/for started talking to him the way he talks to me. He and I have had 2 air-it-out convos, the last one of which I told him the way he talks to me is sometimes disrespectful and I will stop working with him if things don't change. Things have changed, but I've also come to realize how he talks is part of who he is, and once I personally realized this his interactions with me stopped bothering me quite a bit.

Long story short, I never viewed him as a "monster". I saw the full, complete portrait of who he is, the ways he's helped me when I needed it, the many ways in which is actually a very kind and caring person. It takes a lot for me to describe someone as a monster. I think Larry is a pig, or at the very least his actions are pig-ish. But to me you described an asshole, not a monster in my eyes.

4 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Again...doesnt prove they knew when it happened...it proves they fired the people when they were shown evidence that it happened.

yeah i know. The mob wont care though. But anyone could tell sweaty Larry was a sleezeball

Edited by Gibbit

16 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Ok..I didn't actually see that part...so that's bad for the 1 HR person...now..show me that Snyder and Allen knew...

Seems like you didn't actually read the article, and just went off of early reactions here, yet want me to engage you in a good faith debate about it all. Seems like a waste of time for me, no thanks. Enjoy your knee-jerk defense of the team in reaction to allegations you didn't even read about.

2 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

You literally no nothing of the below, you have no facts on this at all!

Reality is absolutely worse then what this article suggests

every female employee for the Redskins is saying the same thing

no way in Hell that Snyder didn't know this was going on

You are hopeless, is that what you told you other women you know about the cheerleading scandal, too? Not enough facts?

You know Virginia just finished going through the 2600+ backlog on their rape kits and got one charge out of it so far?  Not conviction, charge.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/crime-law/2020/07/08/virginia-eliminates-backlog-2665-untested-rape-kits/

Stop responding to me if that's how you really feel, you aren't being objective you are part of the problem all these women are complaining about.

• Like 3

The culture has to change. It needs to be run professionally with Dan Snyder out of the office. Dan let it get to that point where they were running around like they were at a Frat. I do believe that Rivera was brought in for this exact reason, to change the culture from top to bottom and make it very professional.

15 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Dan is a good man, he has always been about winning, and I know he wouldnt stand for this and will get to the bottom of this.

OK that's it I'm calling shenanagins!

Three possibilities at this point:

1. A burner account likely posting from a yacht somewhere in international waters.

2. Someone doing a bit of trolling at our expense.

3. An escapee from a home for mentally unwell fans of American football.

Just kidding of course. 😃

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Either Snyder's lawyers put a lid on the goods or this is just enough for us to cement the dysfunction most of us knew was there already, but nowhere near enough to force him to sell the team.  Ugh.

Julie Donaldson's "sad and disappointing" description fits this article to a "T"...I'm more leaning towards the latter thing you said than the former.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

The article stated that everyone else was under an NDA and although they wanted to speak, Snyder's attorneys wouldn't allow them to.

I assume the most juicy tidbits are locked away in some attorney's office never to be heard from again unless the NDAs can be voided.

NDA's only cover the nature of the business. Since sexual harassment alone isn't within the nature of the business covered by the NDA, not sure how theyre silencing them on that.. it sounds like these women are being bullied by snyder's attorneys

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Merely labeling someone using their organizational power to pressure female employees into sexual situations as a "d-bag" is part of this whole problem in our society. Using the same term you'd use for a meat-head at the gym who likes to preen in front of a mirror, for instance...d-bag...that's normalizing this type of ****. Many people have friends they love who they nevertheless would call a "d-bag" for certain behaviors like the example above. He's a predator, period, and should never work in the NFL again. 

Excuse me but if you are implying that I think what happened is harmless and not a serious problem then you are 100% wrong. I would love to call these people some different names but those names are not allowed on this forum. So you know what, FU for saying I am part of the problem. You don't know me at all so don't make assumptions. You sound like a d-bag yourself!

20 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

cross-sourced investigative journalism thats a good one! lol

Your posts make me wonder what flavor of moron could have written them. I assume it couldn't have been you, I give you that benefit of the doubt. Because even a moron would see that two FO execs were fired and another retired on the eve of the report coming out, which lends it legitimacy regardless of how you feel about the newspaper in question. Right? 

9 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

I am not an attorney so I'll quote one:

That quote talks about crimes that are not criminal. I’m not a lawyer either and I don’t know what that means or if it makes sense.

Maybe there is more to come but the whispering before the article suggested much worse, including prostitution as a starter.

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

NDA's only cover the nature of the business. Since sexual harassment alone isn't within the nature of the business covered by the NDA, not sure how theyre silencing them on that.. it sounds like these women are being bullied by snyder's attorneys

As I said in different words to another poster if you have the right attorneys and an unlimited supply of money the law becomes a very malleable thing. 

Just now, TrancesWithWolves said:

As I said in different words to another poster if you have the right attorneys and an unlimited supply of money the law becomes a very malleable thing. 

I agree with you. That's why I was saying it sounds like the women in this story are getting bullied. They, by law, shouldn't have to stay silent. But I definitely understand why they are

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Your posts make me wonder what flavor of moron could have written them.

Bold words in a thread every moderator is reading.  Learn to communicate without the unnecessary insults.  Please. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Two things I hope are not happening among fans:

1) Downplaying the seriousness of the allegations in the article due to it being far less than the "bombshell" speculated about all week

2) Continuing to talk as if all the stuff you just "knew" was going to be exposed is still true even though none of it was in the article, just to keep perceptions intact

That 2nd point will lead some to continue making rude comments to Dianna Russini on twitter, mainly because believing the speculation is more enjoyable than the rather even-keeled article.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I dont see how this isnt the most despised team in sports right now.  And how do they even think they can rebrand the team and try to make a big deal of it and have it not be met with scorn.  Any goodwill they could scrape together from changing the name just went up in smoke.  

Just saying, the Saints actually ARE connected to the Catholic Church Pedophilia scandal in New Orleans.

• Like 1