Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

7 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Dan has worn out his welcome in this city and in the league, it starts at the top and he's proven he is unfit to run this franchise.

I have an extremely hard time believing he didn't know about this and I'm curious if he spent most of the last few days suppressing the damning info that could have been directly linked to him.

It seems as though not everything was able to be released.

Get him out, now.

NFL is incompetent as hell if they don't get him out. What good does he do for the image of the league? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

This story can't die like this.

I want books, interviews, more leaks.

Snyder got this town shook, NOW can we have a revolution against him?

What's it going to take, man?  Have really been so beaten by this guy that we don't have enough left in us to finish him off? 

Dude just got off the mat and won a round, the Washington Nine Lives.

13 minutes ago, SprintBomb said:

Well it did. Start watching how you use language.  You don't have room to preach to anyone.

Listen, man. I said it wasn't meant as an attack on you. But if you perceived it as one anyways, maybe some reflection on what I actually said is in order. All I talked about was how the way we use language and label people contributes to the problem of sexism. 

• Like 1

I'm pessimistic that this will lead to Snyder being removed. I wish he were removed a long time ago for the various other scandals that have taken place, not the least of which being the cheerleader scandal. Dan always seems to fall back on plausible deniability.

While I'm with others in speculating there is more we don't know, and as much as I loathe that Snyder owns this team, I'm glad this is not an Epstein-esqe situation.

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

NFL is incompetent as hell if they don't get him out. What good does he do for the image of the league? 

The league didn't really do anything to Bob Kraft for getting a handy at a place known for sex trafficking. They certainly won't do anything to Snyder for failing to punish/correct sexual harassment, if that's indeed the extent of the allegations.

12 minutes ago, Long Time Fan said:

Sooo the solution to pervasive sexual harassment in the workplace is to require all women who want to work for your sports franchise to take off their clothes?!?   Bizarre comment.  Even if it was intended as a joke.  

“Even if it was intended as a joke.”

🙄

also I didn’t say anything about taking clothes off

The cheerleader story in The NY Times from a few years ago seems far worse. 

Not one person implicated in the story is employed by the team any longer. I don’t see how this escalates into Dan being forced to sell the team. 

The vast majority of the other 31 billionaires have done far worse.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Listen, man. I said it wasn't meant as an attack on you. But if you perceived it as one anyways, maybe some reflection on what I actually said is in order. All I talked about was how the way we use language and label people contributes to the problem of sexism. 

You quoted me and made those comments. Some reflection on what you said and how you said it may be in order. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

1) Downplaying the seriousness of the allegations in the article due to it being far less than the "bombshell" speculated about all week

Ok, but there’s a difference between downplaying the seriousness of the allegations and recognize this isn’t going to force snyder out

(although I’m not saying it can’t, just that it’s not a sure thing at this point)

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Lack of organizational control. Of course he should be heard out about what he knew and when, but I don't see how he comes out clean under any scenario. 

This isn't the NCAA. The NFL owners aren't going to unleash that kind of standard. If the Post could have reported that Snyder ordered a cover-up rather than fire the offenders, then we'd be talking a forced sale. As it is, he'll probably weasel his way out of this one.

23 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

The problem is on what grounds?

Based on what I read...there are no grounds to force him out.  As owner he is responsible for the actions of the people he hires, and if there were short-comings in organizational policy those need to be fixed, but those responsible according to the piece have left or been fired.  If he took the action to fire the remaining culprits after he found out about these allegations, then he has already responded appropriately.  We can talk all day about what he "should have known" but at the end of the day if he took action once informed of these complaints he should be in the clear legally.  The biggest issue here I see for the victims is that none of them made a formal complaint.  You can't take action on what you don't know.     

Edited by Painkiller

8 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

It won't, our some in our fanbase are playing it down, but I was listening to national CBS Sports Radio and the host was disgusted by the article and wants the other owners to force Dan out.

Not disputing what you're saying or downplaying the issue....But, does anyone remember Jerry Jones escapades just a few short years ago involving women? How bout Robert Kraft? Jim Irsay? Those three were all caught with their hands in the cookie jar. How can the league owners run Dan out of the league while not the others? 

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I love how we went from "Dan's lawyers are no match for Bezos and the WP lawyers, they've been on this from day one so they're ultra prepared"....to "Dan's lawyers obviously fored the WP to squelch the story" lol...

It's is beyond disappointing...but they are the Washington Post, not the New York Post.

its-not-what-you-know-its-what-you-can-prove.jpg

5 minutes ago, SprintBomb said:

You quoted me and made those comments. Some reflection on what you said and how you said it may be in order. 

Because you called a guy who sexually harrassed and borderline assaulted women in the building simply a "d-bag", and I used that as a jumping off moment for a larger point that I think is important. 

2 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

Based on what I read...there is no grounds to force him out.  As owner he is responsible for the actions of the people he hires, and if there were short-comings in organizational policy those need to be fixed, but those responsible according to the piece have left or been fired.  If he took the action to fire the remaining culprits after he found out about these allegations, then he has already responded appropriately.  We can talk all day about what he "should have known" but at the end of the day if he took action once informed of these complaints he should be in the clear legally.  The biggest issue here I see for the victims is that none of them made a formal complaint.  You can't take action on what you don't know.     

Yup. They would have to prove he was complicit and knew all about it. Just saying “how could he have not” doesn’t hold weight.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, profusion said:

This isn't the NCAA. The NFL owners aren't going to unleash that kind of standard. If the Post could have reported that Snyder ordered a cover-up rather than fire the offenders, then we'd be talking a forced sale. As it is, he'll probably weasel his way out of this one.

This could turn very ugly, the cheerleader scandal was not too long ago, now this? The NFL will have no choice but to take some type of action, can't keep sweeping these things under the rug.