Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

he can't say what those actions are until the investigation by that one hotshot lawyer is complete.

Not sure how long the investigation will take, but at this point he needs to get out in front of cameras soonest and just make something up that sounds good.  Like how the behavior of the departed officials was greatly acceptable and then say something along the lines of what Keim has Rivera saying after the story came out, regarding an environment without retribution, etc.  Tim for Dan to put his big boy pants on and at least make a public verbal statement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll need to read the article and digest it. I'll do so in the morning. I have never questioned my Redskins' alliegance. Before, almost all the negative news was based on their stupidity on the field. Bad deals, inept coaching, etc. I could deal with that. That can be fixed. I can root for the underdog. I can root for the incompetent. This feels potentially different. This feels like a stink deep in the soul of the team. Depending on what I discover after reading the article it may be really hard to support this team going forward at least while it's under Snyder's flag. What may be a saving grace is that Rivera seems very stand up and many of the bad actors are gone, but this may be one too many strikes against Snyder. The question is, will these Redskins be an organization worth standing up for and cheering.

I mean it's getting harder and harder to divide the team from the people who run it and it's a damn shame. The Redskins of my youth were a great team. Yes, John Kent Cooke was a difficult ****, but the team other than some drunken shannigans was as clean, honorable, and upright as you could ask for. Looking at Monk, Green, Gibbs and the rest you could be proud to be a 'skins fan. You were proud to be a 'skins fan. They weren't criminals and rats like the Cowboys. They weren't bullies and dirty players like Buddy Ryan's Eagles.

I really don't want to be ashamed to be a 'skins fan. Through all the losing I never was. I just gritted my teeth and persevered. I think at some level though, we were all aware that Bruce Allen carried a certain stink to him and that there was an ugliness going on behind the scenes, but I thought that ugliness was football-based and not human-based.

Anyway, I do want to read the article and listen carefully. Everyone deserves to get their side heard and I will wait to hear Snyder's version, but I am not a believer in "boys will be boys" especially when we're talking about men. Depending what we learn, I may have to rethink everything and that sucks. The Redskins have been a big part of my community and my life.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I wonder how this will affect the relationship between Dan and Ron?  I guess it's possible when Ron was hired maybe Dan told him that there was some unethical behavior in previous years and he wants to change that but I wouldn't put money on it.

So here Ron is, getting blindsided by Dan and the season hasn't even started.

Maybe it's not a big deal or maybe it's the first time Ron realizes why no other coach has been successful under Dan.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

No such thing as not legally allowed..these women should have come forward..men in the building that knew what was happening should have come forward..dont give a **** if your the god damn janitor or ****ing ceo..say something 

Well there is also the chance that they sought out counsel and were advised that coming forward could open them to lawsuits.  Now, with that said, in 2020 I think they could very likely call Snyder (or whoever's) bluff on suing them for talking, but I think it is unfair to act like it isn't a tough decision. 

• Like 1

Just now, NoCalMike said:

Well there is also the chance that they sought out counsel and were advised that coming forward could open them to lawsuits.  Now, with that said, in 2020 I think they could very likely call Snyder (or whoever's) bluff on suing them for talking, but I think it is unfair to act like it isn't a tough decision. 

I think they have a very good case for ignoring NDA's on this, but fighting something in court is not as easy as it sounds. Most people can't afford the legal resources & time away from work fighting it that a billionaire has.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

No excuses, I dont give two rats ass's what's at stake say something.

I feel pretty done with any team owned by Dan Snyder. He has turned this franchise into one of the true laughingstocks of the league. Maybe the one true laughingstock.

I think I'm going to go chase the white whale of the sports world and root for the Detroit Lions to win a Super Bowl before I die. They were my first love when I became an NFL fan 40 years ago. Billy Sims is still one of my fave NFL players of all time. It's a long, mostly-boring story how the Redskins ended up as my favorite team.

I will probably still root for the B&G. The only real difference will be my allegiance when it is a DET-WASH matchup. 

What won't change is my feelings about DAL, PHI and NYG. **** em' forever!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The fact Snyder had NDAs on these people shows he knew and was covering it up. So unless people in the org went behind his back (which will likely be his defense) he knew and essentially condoned the behavior.

years of football ineptitude doesn’t hold a candle to this.

NDAs are pretty standard in a lot of industries. If ONLY the women who had complained had to sign them, that would be different.

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The fact Snyder had NDAs on these people shows he knew and was covering it up. So unless people in the org went behind his back (which will likely be his defense) he knew and essentially condoned the behavior.

years of football ineptitude doesn’t hold a candle to this.

NDAs are standard in corporate severance agreements. The women likely took some kind of payment to go away and stay quiet.

Anybody let go from the Redskins with a severance almost certainly has an NDA.

Just now, NoCalMike said:

This is something Snyder better get in front of cameras to address and soon.  It doesn't have to be tonight, but it better be very soon.  No way he can pass this off to Rivera or a GM or "random high level exec" to take the heat on.

I'm giving him until Wednesday to come up with an acceptable response otherwise I'm dropping my support of this franchise. Not that anyone cares, I'm just over this garbage. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

it looks like team took care of the people involved. 

I'm pretty sure that's exactly how they want it to look. I'm not convinced it's that simple, but there may never be reporting that goes deep enough.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I'm giving him until Wednesday to come up with an acceptable response otherwise I'm dropping my support of this franchise. Not that anyone cares, I'm just over this garbage. 

Shoot, I live in Northern California which just became a 1 team territory with the Raiders headed to Vegas.  I already have the local attachment to the 49ers since I have been in CA since 6 years old.  It would probably feel dirty for a season or two, but eventually they'd grow on me.  I know their players and personalities just as much as I do the 'Skins just because of the coverage.   Ugh.....I never thought it would get to this point.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

This is something Snyder better get in front of cameras to address and soon.  It doesn't have to be tonight, but it better be very soon.  No way he can pass this off to Rivera or a GM or "random high level exec" to take the heat on.

Rivera already commented on it.  Article from ESPN.com:  https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29476727/report-15-women-allege-sexual-misconduct-former-washington-employees

In a text to ESPN's John Keim, first-year Washington coach Ron Rivera said that the culture within the organization would change moving forward.

"Biggest thing is that we have to move forward from this and make sure everybody understands we have policies that we will follow and that we have an open door policy with no retribution," Rivera said. "Plus my daughter works for the team and I sure as hell am not going to allow any of this!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Burgold said:

This feels potentially different. This feels like a stink deep in the soul of the team.

I extracted this out of your very thoughtful comment, just because for me it DOESN'T feel different. It's perfectly in line with everything we've known about Dan Snyder since he fired Marty and rehired Vinny.

The stink has been apparent for almost 20 years. The only thing that's changed is the weight of the evidence.

• Like 1