Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

It really isn't good enough to Rivera to speak on it. Maybe you could get away with Kyle Smith being the spokesmen, but it really ought to be the top guy. After all, this isn't a "sports" issue. This is a company one.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I'm giving him until Wednesday to come up with an acceptable response otherwise I'm dropping my support of this franchise. Not that anyone cares, I'm just over this garbage. 

He fired everybody. Somebody needs to samurai stab themselves in the gut mabye

Edited by Gibbit

12 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Not releasing one "tonight" is no big deal in my eyes. Not releasing one this month could be, though.

He had all week to prepare a statement, even as simple as "I'm in charge, my bad, we'll do what we can to address this".

Saying nothing says a lot. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

It really isn't good enough to Rivera to speak on it. Maybe you could get away with Kyle Smith being the spokesmen, but it really ought to be the top guy. After all, this isn't a "sports" issue. This is a company one.

No, it certainly isn't. In fact, it's a coward's move to put the new guy out there to take the heat.

I understand Dan's floating around the ocean somewhere, but a written statement of regular corporate mea culpa stuff could have been prepared in five minutes.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

He had all week to prepare a statement, even as simple as "I'm in charge, my bad, we'll do what we can to address this".

Saying nothing says a lot. 

It's probably more common in situations like this for an official statement to be made after a few days than immediately. I don't think this is much of a deal to throw on the Snyder pile, which is big enough without it. I care more about what he says than whether or not he says it tonight.

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

It's probably more common in situations like this for an official statement to be made after a few days than immediately. I don't think this is much of a deal to throw on the Snyder pile, which is big enough without it. I care more about what he says than whether or not he says it tonight.

Agree to disagree, I'm more concerned with what he does then says.

All he done his sick his lawyers on the Post from Europe, we might not even get a statement now that Rivera is talking about it since no one else will.

Edited by Renegade7

2 minutes ago, profusion said:

No, it certainly isn't. In fact, it's a coward's move to put the new guy out there to take the heat.

I understand Dan's floating around the ocean somewhere, but a written statement of regular corporate mea culpa stuff could have been prepared in five minutes.

His not saying anything yet could be at the direction of his attorneys. That's not exactly unheard of.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Shoot, I live in Northern California which just became a 1 team territory with the Raiders headed to Vegas.  I already have the local attachment to the 49ers since I have been in CA since 6 years old.  It would probably feel dirty for a season or two, but eventually they'd grow on me.  I know their players and personalities just as much as I do the 'Skins just because of the coverage.   Ugh.....I never thought it would get to this point.

Since 6?

yeah man what are you doing

you have a golden ticket out of this mess why are you here. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Agree to disagree, I'm more concerned with what he does then says.

All he done his sick his lawyers in the Post from Europe, we might not even get a statement now that Rivera is talking about it since no one else will.

how do we know he sicced his lawyers on the Post? I'm trying to separate the fan speculation from legit reports...and it's not easy lol.

Edited by Califan007

11 minutes ago, michiskin said:

I feel pretty done with any team owned by Dan Snyder. He has turned this franchise into one of the true laughingstocks of the league. Maybe the one true laughingstock.

I think very few people are laughing these days. That "laughter" has just turned into utter disgust, and as fans, eventually you too have to ask yourself how you can root for a ****ing team owned by this piece of human garbage. 

There is nothing in this story that surprised me in the least. As I've said, I've known some people who worked there. They've all said the same things about how horrible the environment is. It's disgusting. I utterly believe Snyder is not only aware of the sexist aspects of this "culture" but perpetuates it. I'm so disappointed that there is nothing in this story that would seem to spell the end of this scumbag's regime. What happened to the "ref bribery" rumors? The Epstein connection? 

Just as so many thought, Larry's retirement was not something he'd planned, lol. What a disappointment he turned out to be. What a "voice" of the Washington Redskins. 

Snyder destroyed our team, ladies and gentlemen. The name is gone, the respect is gone, the joy is gone. 

And the fact that this worm brings in a lawyer to "investigate the culture," lol. What an utter joke. The investigation should begin and end with him. 

I can only hope and pray that there's more to come and that this is only the beginning of the end for him. While everyone named in this article is worthy of disdain, there's no one more worthy of it than this piece of garbage. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

His not saying anything yet could be at the direction of his attorneys. That's not exactly unheard of.

That's a good point. Any good corporate lawyer, however, would know that you need the boss to release something, even if it's bland and attorney-vetted. Not saying anything looks worse, and the legal department knows that. The Redskins are not a mom-and-pop business. They have high priced attorneys. The question is whether Snyder listens to them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

Since 6?

yeah man what are you doing

you have a golden ticket out of this mess why are you here. 

True Story, my parents separated (part of the reason we moved to CA) and and because I was so young I didn't really start getting into sports until we were already in CA (which is why I happen to be an Oakland A's & Sac Kings fan......ugh, right?) so naturally when I first starting showing interest in football I actually started taking a liking to the 49ers because they happened to be on TV every week and of course this was in the later half of their dynasty, mixed with the local fandom at the time through the roof with enthusiasm.  Well, that all changed when my dad (who eventually moved out here and reconciled with my mom) sent me a 'Skins Superbowl 22 shirt, which had me asking questions about DC/Maryland and the 'Skins etc etc....and from the moment I put on the shirt, the curse was officially passed on to another sucker. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, profusion said:

Why would anyone expect him to step out and say anything substantial related to this? When has he ever shown that kind of leadership? 

He's an utter coward. Always has been. Afraid to speak, afraid to show his face, will do so only when he absolutely has to (or when there's "good" news to report, which is another reason we haven't seen him very often.)

Besides, he's the source of the problem. Someone who wasn't the source of the problem,  who actually had a conscience about this whole fiasco, would be WAY out in front of this. That's not our lil' Danny. He'll continue to hide on his yacht as someone else spends days crafting some sort of pathetic, soulless "statement."

• Like 4

Just now, profusion said:

That's a good point. Any good corporate lawyer, however, would know that you need the boss to release something, even if it's bland and attorney-vetted. Not saying anything looks worse, and the legal department knows that. The Redskins are not a mom-and-pop business. They have high priced attorneys. The question is whether Snyder listens to them.

If he says something tomorrow instead of today, I highly doubt anyone's gonna care one way or another if he spoke 18 hours after he "should" have. Plus, I can't help but think if Snyder made a statement tonight saying "We take the allegations very seriously and are looking into the matter", nobody would respond with "Whew...ok, I feel better now, he's taking this seriously."

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Are you even trying to be serious here? lol...

Hiring the same lawyer that defended Kavanugh when he was accused of sexual assault doesn't raise any red flags for you?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wjla.com/amp/sports/washington-redskins/washington-football-team-hires-attorney-to-review-allegations-of-workplace-misconduct-kavanaugh

I'm good, I'm done for now. This is going nowhere.

• Like 1

While the article was certainly underwhelming considering all of the hype (FBI involvement, Epstein, Jay Gruden and Cocaine, sexual assaults, banging for story leads, fixing games, etc.) there definitely appears to be some people over there who simply don't understand how to behave in an office setting, particularly what is and is not appropriate behavior toward women.  No woman should feel like they don't want to go to work because some dude has tried to look up their skirt, or keeps making unwanted advances, or makes comments about their body, etc.

Unfortunately, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that what is/was happening at Redskins park is happening at team offices throughout the league, and there's a lot a 50-something men are going to be sweating their asses off for the next several months.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

how do we know he sicced his lawyers on the Post? I'm trying to separate the fan speculation from legit reports...and it's not easy lol.

It’s just speculation 

WaPo had their lawyers go over it because of what they’re claiming is true and who it’s against. They did it cause they’re smart and they understand the subjects of the article(s)

13 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Reports have come out about lawyers getting involved all week in this thread.

Maybe you right, I should just step away and see if this gets worse in the next 48 hours.

22 minutes ago, Burgold said:

It should be Snyder.  I guess it's possible that Rivera reached out to Keim on his own and was not asked to by Dan, but I doubt it.