Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Reading an article from Harvard Business Review, it says that the "average time it takes companies to activate a social media plan to respond to a crisis is 38 hours."

But since a lot can happen in a day and a half, a crisis simulation plan needs to be in place at all times. I abso-****ing-lutely guarantee you that Snyder has never had a plan like that in place lol...and while what Rivera said sounded more than fine in my eyes, I did wonder if he ran it by anyone first, or if something he said might come back to bite him or the team. We already have people on twitter retweeting Rivera's words after Richardson had been removed as owner for sexual harassment and racist comments. It's a contrary perspective of the man from what he's presenting now, unfortunately. Doesn't mean he shouldn't have spoken yet, but there is that possibility. Snyder and Rivera have to be consistent in their messages. That might require not responding right off the bat.

Edited by Califan007

6 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

It should be Snyder.  I guess it's possible that Rivera reached out to Keim on his own and was not asked to by Dan, but I doubt it.

LMAO, the fact that Rivera is the one making the comment right now, a guy who hasn't coached a SINGLE GAME for this franchise yet, is all anyone with a brain needs to know about our owner. 

It's beyond pathetic. 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

No excuses, I dont give two rats ass's what's at stake say something.

Easier said than done, at least for the women being harassed. They could have careers destroyed, or worse, by people with means and motivation to retaliate against them for speaking up. The 'men' in the building, to a lesser extent, could have similar concerns, but likely an easier time rebounding. An executive with a backbone and an ounce or morals should have no problem calling it out and having it addressed.

I disagree with blaming the victims.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Reading an article from Harvard Business Review, it says that the "average time it takes companies to activate a social media plan to respond to a crisis is 38 hours."

But since a lot can happen in a day and a half, a crisis simulation plan needs to be in place at all times. I abso-****ing-lutely guarantee you that Snyder has never had a plan like that in place lol...and while what Rivera said sounded more than fine in my eyes, I did wonder if he ranit by anyone first, or if something he said might come back to bite him or the team. We already have people on twitter retweeting Rivera's words after Richardson has been removed as owner for sexual harassment and racist comments. It's a contrary perspectiver of the man from what he's presenting now, unfortunately. Doesn't mean he shouldn't have spoken yet, but there is that possibility. Snyder and Rivera have to be consistent in their messages. That might rewuire not responding right off the bat.

Dan doesn't need a PR team, fans of this team love to continue being white knights for the teams constant wrongdoings, truly amazing ****.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

A large entertainment business needs to be able to respond effectively almost immediately.

Of course, Planet Dan apparently thinks a 1-person HR department is enough, so...

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

That's some weak sauce the post came with. If you come at the king you best not miss.

Sexual harassment is very wrong, but with the culture the way it is, you're not taking down Snyder with that.

they never said they were taking down Snyder or that this story was a massive NFL shattering scandal 

that came from everyone else getting texts and other “well I heard” stuff along the way 

• Like 3

This is from Business News Daily:

What not to do

When creating and executing your media-response strategy, our expert sources warned against the following tactics.

Offering "no comment." Not having answers to potential questions is the worst thing you can do during a crisis, said Nierman. But, sometimes, you truly can't give a good answer with the information you presently have.

While using "no comment" is better than making something up just to give an answer (which our sources agreed is never the right choice), it's easy to see how this phrase can be misconstrued as trying to cover up or avoid an issue. If you don't have enough information to give a solid response, say so, and assure the person asking that you will issue a statement when you have more details.

Responding too quickly or too slowly. Handling a PR crisis is all about timing. You don't want to give a premature response before you have all the facts, Gault said. Having to backtrack or contradict previous statements later could further damage your reputation. Delaying your response time won't do you any favors either.

7 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

That's some weak sauce the post came with. If you come at the king you best not miss.

Sexual harassment is very wrong, but with the culture the way it is, you're not taking down Snyder with that.

The Post's goal was not to force him to sell, it was to report on extremely unacceptable working conditions for women in the organization. Also any sentence that starts "sexual harassment is very wrong, but" is not going the right direction, don't you think? Like that is an indictment on the team.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Underwhelming.  Not the story I was expecting.  Certainly nothing like the rumors you all were coming up with yesterday.

With this team there is always tomorrow’s fiasco.  Hang in there.

• Haha 1

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

they never said they were taking down Snyder or that this story was a massive NFL shattering scandal 

that came from everyone else getting texts and other “well I heard” stuff along the way 

Yeah the post didn’t say anything. 

also, it is a petty big deal. I realize it’s not full-proof-snyder-has-to-go but it’s far, far from obvious that he will definitely keep the team

females are the #1 growth audience for the nfl and they know it. They already have problems. They already hate snyder. And it’s just a different era. There’s no telling what causes what reactions and what reactions are over reactions and which aren’t 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

So where’s the tweets from all these twitter jockeys claiming that hellfire and brimstone was coming for Snyder? The ones explaining how they could be so massively wrong.

Nowhere, same as for the other 100 million things people run with incorrectly on social media. We're in the misinformation era.

5 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Dan doesn't need a PR team, fans of this team love to continue being white knights for the teams constant wrongdoings, truly amazing ****.

Read my post above about response times for PR from people who know a billion times more about this stuff and don't give a single **** what you or I think or feel, and then come back at me about being a "white knight" for Snyder.

Oh, here's a part from that last article you might relate to:

"You need to think strategically and put any emotions on the back burner," she added.

Beyond the #metoo content, the article made it clear the degree to which Snyder and his flunkies hold us in contempt. You and me.

They think they can divert our attention away from the putrid product with scantily clad female customer reps to keep the high rollers buying the premium seats and boxes.

Maybe because it would work on the bozos Snyder hires? I don't know.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So where’s the tweets from all these twitter jockeys claiming that hellfire and brimstone was coming for Snyder? The ones explaining how they could be so massively wrong.

It went from him being s sex-trafficking drug user who personally told the cheerleaders to take off their tops for sponsors...to "he hasn't responded yet, the nerve".