Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, tshile said:

This board is the extent of my social media presence, and I can barely keep up, so maybe I’m just not seeing it but...

I don’t really see anyone minimizing sexual harassment. 

I see people claiming we shouldn’t. But I don’t actually see anyone doing it. 

If anyone calls the article a "nothing burger" or any variation of that sentiment they are minimizing the accusations of sexual haraassment.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Just now, Gibbit said:

Just saying you cant blame Dan like hes the one that did it...what so many here want to do

Yes. I can. And I do. Because it’s his team and this is what his hand pick cronies we’re doing. 

At best snyder didn’t know what his top people were doing on a regular basis. Which is pathetic and he deserves to be shoved out for it. 

more likely he knew and didn’t care. Which is worse. But doesn’t really matter cause the other option is bad enough. 

absolving him if responsibility because he chose to not be around the organization he owned is kinda pathetic. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think this is a little different in that the company was not caught unawares or blindsided. The PR clock started ticking on Monday or Tuesday. Heck, it may have even started last week when we first started hearing whispers that there was a huge story about to break.

They knew what was coming, the nature of it, and the details of the charges to a fair degree for a while now. They had the opportunity to plan their strategy and get out in front of it. This isn't a whistleblower coming forward and the team being caught flat footed. This was a situation where the team and its lawyers were debating and discussing the article with the newspaper for a week before publication.

The PR clock starts ticking when the article is published. The advance crisis management plan clock should always be ticking. it's worse to have to walk back something you said or contradict and earlier statement than it is to release the statement 24 hours later instead of 4 hours later.

3 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

Just saying you cant blame Dan like hes the one that did it...what so many here want to do

Ok so something unverified happened under another owner so you give Snyder a pass? For what? Winning? Nope! Being a good owner? Nope! Being a decent human being? Obviously not!

HE MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE AFTER THE COACHING AND MANAGEMENT CAROUSEL. HE IS THE COMMON  DENOMINATOR.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Whats the media personality reaction like, from the people who hyped all this up? Is there more coming?

The more I think about it the more I believe the skins PR/legal department were doing their best to get all kinds of hype and rumors about this story to lessen it's impact once it came out.

Just now, JMUSkins said:

Ok so something unverified happened under another owner so you give Snyder a pass? For what? Winning? Nope! Being a good owner? Nope! Being a decent human being? Obviously not!

HE MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE AFTER THE COACHING AND MANAGEMENT CAROUSEL. HE IS THE COMMON  DENOMINATOR.

because we lose

26 minutes ago, profusion said:

A large entertainment business needs to be able to respond effectively almost immediately.

Of course, Planet Dan apparently thinks a 1-person HR department is enough, so...

That's why they need a crisis management plan in place ahead of time, although I don't agree with responding "almost immediately". Within 24 hours should be fine.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

He may not have personally did it but he allowed the sexual harassment culture fester.

I would love for this to lead to Dan’s removal. I doubt the NFL does anything more than a slap on the wrist. The nfl probably doesn’t want a deep look into this because this behavior probably exists on other teams also.

1 minute ago, tshile said:

more likely he knew and didn’t care. Which is worse. But doesn’t really matter cause the other option is bad enough

The audacity of this dude to make fun of his sales executive for being a male cheerleader as if Dan has even a percent of athletic ability himself.  To make him put on a show so he and people he is trying to impress can laugh at his expense is merely a glimpse into who he is and why he’s been an absolute failure as an owner, leader, and human being.  That kind of behavior has a trickle down effect.  There is not a doubt in my mind that he finds this kind of behavior to be “cool” like the kids who used to shove his dork ass in lockers.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

On the flip side I haven’t been this excited about breaking/changing Redskins news in a long long time

Yep.  We might actually get someone with class to own this team.  Forget rebuilding the team. This entire organization needs rebuilding.

6 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

The more I think about it the more I believe the skins PR/legal department were doing their best to get all kinds of hype and rumors about this story to lessen it's impact once it came out.

Makes all the sense in the world which is why I don’t believe it to be the case.  If they’ve shown anything over the years, it’s how to be incredibly inept at managing public perception.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Makes all the sense in the world which is why I don’t believe it to be the case.  If they’ve shown anything over the years, it’s how to be incredibly inept at managing public perception.

I . . . I have no response because that is an incredibly accurate statement.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

If anyone calls the article a "nothing burger" or any variation of that sentiment they are minimizing the accusations of sexual haraassment.

People were expecting earth shattering news that would force Dan to sell the team.  That article isn't gonna do it.  I suspect that is the reason for those type of comments.  No one is in favor of sexual harassment (at least hardly anyone).

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

On the comments on cnn? Sure. Random Facebook/Twitter/office environment (do we have these anymore?!)? Sure. 

On a Redskins message board where the lead up has been “oh crap this might be enough to force him out” calling it a nothingburger has a different context. 

The rumors were about snyder being linked to child rape and pedo with Epstein, money laundering...

sorry but a handful of execs practicing stereotypical workplace harassment because they think the rules don’t apply to them and it’s a good old boys club doesn’t compare. It just doesn’t. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’d just like to say while this story paled in comparison to how it was pitched,

Upon reflection, that's probably a savy PR tactic. Notice how franchise didn't really get out in front of a "bombshell"? PR firm probably leaked to a bunch of, um, outlets and when it came out "oh this is it?" Sexual Harrassment is serious but it isn't serious right now in the collective mindset. You'd need to have something at the level of Church scandal, Sandusky, George Floyd for this to be a "bombshell". 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, JMUSkins said:

Yep.  We might actually get someone with class to own this team.  Forget rebuilding the team. This entire organization needs rebuilding.

You aren’t getting no such thing. This story will not lead to the removal of Dan.

Ron will have to somehow win; in spite of Dan.

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The audacity of this dude to make fun of his sales executive for being a male cheerleader as if Dan has even a percent of athletic ability himself.  To make him put on a show so he and people he is trying to impress can laugh at his expense is merely a glimpse into who he is and why he’s been an absolute failure as an owner, leader, and human being.  That kind of behavior has a trickle down effect.  There is not a doubt in my mind that he finds this kind of behavior to be “cool” like the kids who used to shove his dork ass in lockers.

Seriously!  If I were that guy I would have pulled up the video of Dan dancing at the bowling alley with RG3 on my phone and been like "can you break these moves down again for us?"

Edited by drowland
  • Like 1

I had wondered about whether or not more articles from more NFL teams would start to surface, kind of like how there were multiple teams that had cheerleader controversies. For me, there is probably a bigger issue at play than the Redskins and/or Snyder. I mean, you hope it's more isolated, even if it applies a temprorary stink on the team at least we can say it's not league wide and just accepted. But another part of knows better, and pretty much always has but didn't put it at the forefront of my thoughts until now.

• Like 1