Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

The Post expose is very damaging.  Consider: Snyder enabled a mysoginistic and hostile front office environment and a abysmal product on the field.  Snyder said he would NEVER change the racist and offensive name while claiming "Redskins" honors Native Americans.  The Team's front office condoned sexual harrassment/abuse at the same time "more than half of Native American women have been sexually assaulted, including over a third who have been raped during their lifetime — a rate of rape nearly 2.5 times higher than for white women, according to a 2016 National Institute of Justice study."

Snyder needs to be banned from the NFL!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sure, but not by having to turn off the tv or not watch a game. Again, you can. That’s fine. I, however, won’t. If that makes me not an “actual fan”, well, guess I’m not an actual fan then 😑

Tho your an ass for never visiting my threads(where's some of your memorabilia?) I'm on your side here..not that it makes a **** bit of difference.

Sheehan going on now about him hearing many stories over the years about Dan belittling employees. 

Also thinks the NFL won't make him give up his ownership (maybe fine, lost of draft picks) but considering ALL of things combined about Dan over the years coupled with most fellow owners don't like the dude -- then maybe there is a shot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan going on now about him hearing many stories over the years about Dan belittling employees. 

Also thinks the NFL won't make him give up his ownership (maybe fine, lost of draft picks) but considering ALL of things combined about Dan over the years coupled with most fellow owners don't like the dude -- then maybe there is a shot. 

Loss of draft picks and keeping Danny punishes the fans more than anyone else. Danny can shrug it off and say "Oh, alright... " knowing he keeps the team.

He's gotta go... and I mean GO

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Everyone who roots for this franchise should be offended by what repeatedly happened at the team's Ashburn, Va. headquarters over many years. This isn't a half century ago when "Mad Men" belittled women. This is the era of #MeToo where nobody is entitled to mistreat anyone.

Now, the alleged offenders have all been fired and at least publicly humiliated. Announcer Larry Michael "retired" on Wednesday shortly after the Post sought his comment on the allegations. Director of pro personnel Alex Santos and his assistant Richard Mann II were recently fired and implicated in the story.

Team president Bruce Allen, who was not implicated in any misdoings, was fired in December for the team's poor performance. However, he bears some of this stain as daily overseer of the company. Allen constantly bragged the culture was good at Redskins Park. Sorry, but none of this is good. If 15 people are claiming abuse, where was Allen?

Snyder hired prominent Washington attorney Beth Wilkinson to review the company's policies and alleged past misdoings. It's a standard move for any company accused of such problems. Still, maybe Wilkinson can prevent future harassment.

The problem is Redskins Park has long been a frat house. It's hardly alone in the sports culture, but that doesn't excuse such distasteful behavior. The offenders may be gone, but Snyder needs to step up to a podium and in staff meetings with Wilkinson's recommendations to prevent repeat behavior. Be the strong leader rather than someone who didn't protect his staff.

Snyder's 21 years of ownership have been one disaster after another. Just three days after agreeing to change the team's long-standing name that offended some, the Redskins now look even worse.

What is it going to take for this franchise to return to its glory days when it was the pride of Washington? For now, the team seems clueless for an answer.

Rick Snider has covered Washington sports since 1978.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

Pretty sure most places have addressed that loophole.

-Find the washington post article headline you wish to read.  Anyone can access their main page without opening the article.

-Google the exact article name including washington post

-Open article link directly bypassing their logon main page and authentication

Used to work for me at least.  Haven't tried it in a while though.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Dan's not going anywhere.  I know some of you will think I'm minimizing sexual harassment when I say that article wasn't enough to get Dan kicked out...but it wasn't enough.  

I agree and that's the sad part. Imagine if you would replace the sexism with racism, then Snyder would be out today. I don't want to compare one horrible thing to another but if this league  is serious about their own "values", you can have none of those and shouldn't treat these things differently.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Tho your an ass for never visiting my threads(where's some of your memorabilia?) I'm on your side here..not that it makes a **** bit of difference.

....what did any of my post have to do with going to one of your threads? That was completely irrelevant to any of the conversation 😂😂😂

7 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah, I think it's fair to assume most of the people working in the building probably have to sign an NDA to take the job in the first place. I do wonder if every team operates like this, NDA-wise

Snyder needs to rip up these NDAs that prevent people speaking out on the issues raised in the Post article.  Anyone affected by these events should be free to speak.  NDAs shouldn't be used to protect abusers. If he goes after the ones who have spoken them I'm done with this team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think all this shows is that Dan is a weak ass, sophomoric **** who leads a circus where the clowns run the show. He's too friendly with all of his players and staff, to a point where they are allowed to get away with whatever they want without any repercussions. Nothing will change out of this as far as the top-down influence of this organization. There's no lesson for him to be learned here that wasn't already learned in the last 20 plus years of his tenure.

We're ****ed, fam.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Panninho said:

The fact that the NFL doesn't hire their own investigators to follow up on that story should tell you everything you need to know. They don't care.

Too soon to know the NFL's reaction.

While you may be right that they could have acted before the story broke as I'm sure they were informed, chances are, the League was waiting for the article to be published before reacting. More cynically, they are probably waiting to gauge the public's response before reacting.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Too soon to know the NFL's reaction.

While you may be right that they could have acted before the story broke as I'm sure they were informed, chances are, the League was waiting for the article to be published before reacting. More cynically, they are probably waiting to gauge the public's response before reacting.

But Rapoport shared the league's statemtent on how Washington hired an outside counselor and promised full cooperation to that counselor. And that the league then wants to meet with those lawyers afterwards to discuss their findings. As if a team-hired person would conduct a truly independent investigation.

This is disappointing and the basis for my statement.

Translation of nfl statement:

we’re going to let the redskins investigate themselves and determine they have fixed the problem. 

if we want snyder out it won’t be via the NFL removing him. It’s going to have to come via fan and sponsor pressure. 

I’m willing to bet the fan base will embrace the rebranding cash injection enough that he survives. People will buy the gear. We’ll see. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1