Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

6 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

D.C. media made a mistake. The hype overshadowed the real story. We all know it's bad but it's not at the level it was hyped for. We are not a drugs cartel with bungabunga parties with all the employees. Now it feels like "oooo just sexual harassment". And that is terrible.

Well put. The Journos posturing and trying to out tweet the next guy literally neutered the story and it’s unfair to those who went through it. Snyder will most likely survive his incompetence once again and the Media basically threw him a lifeline.

• Thanks 1

By the way. We dodged a bullet with Corona. Because of the situation Ron has time to focus on this kind of stuff. Image the season already started and you are already running practises and stuff. Prepping for training camp. 

I have been sceptical about the man hiring Carolina dudes but right now it's a deeper culture overhaul then expected. It's not only football related. 

3 hours ago, JMUSkins said:

Maybe so.  Actual fans ... real Skins fans... those who bleed burgundy and gold... will refuse to buy merch, will not give him TV ratings, and will not go to games.  

I am all in for this team.  My money will be back when he is gone.

Sooo....me wanting to watch my favorite team after all this, makes me not an “actual fan”? Seriously? 

I’m not going to just quit watching my favorite team. Sorry. Yes, he’s a crappy owner. I am well aware of this. doesnt mean I’m going to quit watching the team i cheer for. If you do, then have at it. I’m not going to say you’re not an “actual fan” for not watching games, and you shouldn’t be saying those that do aren’t “actual fans”. It’s not cool. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sooo....me wanting to watch my favorite team after all this, makes me not an “actual fan”? Seriously? 

I’m not going to just quit watching my favorite team. Sorry. Yes, he’s a crappy owner. I am well aware of this. doesnt mean I’m going to quit watching the team i cheer for. If you do, then have at it. I’m not going to say you’re not an “actual fan” for not watching games, and you shouldn’t be saying those that do aren’t “actual fans”. It’s not cool. 

Know what isn’t cool? Sexual harassment, abuse, and acceptance.  It’s this attitude that keeps us this way.  Keep enabling Snyder.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JMUSkins said:

Know what isn’t cool? Sexual harassment, abuse, and acceptance.  It’s this attitude that keeps us this way.  Keep enabling Snyder.  

You DO realize one can be BOTH against all of that ****, and at the same time be a fan of the team, correct? **** dan Snyder, FOR SURE. However, to me, i watch games to (hopefully) watch the team win. The players, coaches. Again, choosing to watch the games doesn’t make me any less of a fan than you or anyone else who decides to not watch, just like you or whoever else deciding not to watch doesn’t make you less of a fan than me. Nobody is less/more of a fan than others. 

shame on you for making it an either/or situation. That’s childish. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You DO realize one can be BOTH against all of that ****, and at the same time be a fan of the team, correct? **** dan Snyder, FOR SURE. However, to me, i watch games to (hopefully) watch the team win. The players, coaches. Again, choosing to watch the games doesn’t make me any less of a fan than you or anyone else who decides to not watch. 

shame on you for making it an either/or situation. That’s childish. 

Yes. Shame on me for saying that giving Snyder money is the wrong thing for fans to do.  Shame on me for saying that allows him to continue this rotten culture. Shame on me for saying it’s time for us to advocate for our team by enacting change and demanding more by withholding from him.  

Shame on me for saying that accepting him by not changing our actions is morally incorrect.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JMUSkins said:

Yes. Shame on me for saying that giving Snyder money is the wrong thing for fans to do.  Shame on me for saying that allows him to continue this rotten culture. Shame on me for saying it’s time for us to advocate for our team by enacting change and demanding more by withholding from him.  

Shame on me for saying that accepting him by not changing our actions is morally incorrect.  

Shame on you for thinking that anyone of us is more or less of a fan than each other. We all agree, **** dan Snyder. He is trash. Doesn’t make me less/more of a fan than you for watching a game of the team i love, and it doesn’t make you less/more of a fan than me for not watching. That simple. 

point being: Don’t put down fans that choose to do something that you choose to not do. That’s childish as ****. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

2 hours ago, CTskin said:

I’ll admit, I was expecting worse, much worse... so that certainly has something to do with that comment.

I mean, I was too. I think it was actually worse but this was squashed. There are some clear things in this story that pop up a caution flag in my head. The weird mentions about Snyder having no knowledge of it was odd, you would just tell the story, not go out of your way to mention Snyders lack of involvement.

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Shame on you for thinking that anyone of us is more or less of a fan than each other. We all agree, **** dan Snyder. He is trash. Doesn’t make me less/more of a fan than you for watching a game of the team i love, and it doesn’t make you less/more of a fan than me for not watching. That simple. 

Keep sending him your money, then.  Just know your viewership is bringing this team down.  I know you love this team, but what’s the right thing to do? Every view, every purchase enables Snyder.  You really hate him? You really love this team and want better? Show it. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JMUSkins said:

So given the profit share nature of the NFL, have you decided nobody is allowed to buy any merchandise regardless of team as some of the money will line Snyder's pocket?

I get what you're saying but we've all enabled it for the last 10 years. I imagine you included. Next season might just be the first where its not being enabled. The logic doesn't make sense.

Blaming the fans for the disgusting behaviour of team execs doesn't work for me. I get the idea but I just don't buy the premise when we now have Rivera in and the people involved have been cleared out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, UKskins said:

So given the profit share nature of the NFL, have you decided nobody is allowed to buy any merchandise regardless of team as some of the money will line Snyder's pocket?

I get what you're saying but we've all enabled it for the last 10 years. I imagine you included. Next season might just be the first where its not being enabled. The logic doesn't make sense.

Blaming the fans for the disgusting behaviour of team execs doesn't work for me. I get the idea but I just don't buy the premise when we now have Rivera in and the people involved have been cleared out.

The profits are not evenly distributed and Snyder makes a KILLING on anything sold with his trademark.  I never blamed anyone for the past. I have 100% been there thru thick and thin.  

What really doesn’t make sense is not changing our behavior and simply expecting a different outcome.

• Like 1

What @UKskins said. Snyder is not going to be any less of a trash human being even if i stop watching the games. So i choose to watch the games. You (JMU Skins) feel like it’ll make a difference, that’s totally fine, and unlike you, i wont tell you it makes you less of a fan than me. You know why? Cause blaming eachother is silly.  Saying “you’re not an actual fan because x, y, and z” is silly. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What @UKskins said. Snyder is not going to be any less of a trash human being even if i stop watching the games. So i choose to watch the games. You (JMU Skins) feel like it’ll make a difference, that’s totally fine, and unlike you, i wont tell you it makes you less of a fan than me. You know why? Cause blaming eachother is silly. 

Never blamed you for the past or for others actions. See my post above... if we don’t change our behavior, how exactly does that mandate change from Snyder?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JMUSkins said:

Never blamed you for the past or for others actions. See my post above... if we don’t change our behavior, how exactly does that mandate change from Snyder?

You said “real fans....actual fans won’t give dan tv ratings or go to games”. That’s Pretty much saying that people who will watch games aren’t real fans. That’s pretty much calling others “fake fans”, which to me is childish. 

dan is still going to be a piece of **** whether or not I watch games anyway, so my opinion is I’ll still watch games, and that in no way makes me not an “actual fan”, as I said before. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

27 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You said “real fans....actual fans won’t give dan tv ratings or go to games”. That’s Pretty much saying that people who will watch games aren’t real fans. That’s pretty much calling others “fake fans”, which to me is childish. 

dan is still going to be a piece of **** whether or not I watch games anyway, so my opinion is I’ll still watch games, and that in no way makes me not an “actual fan”, as I said before. 

Ok, you like this team, I get it.  Do you like them enough to demand change thru your actions?

I am sorry but anyone that thinks this article isn't big news is part of the problem. Just because you assumed it and there were allegations stuff like that happened should not distract from what we were presented. This is an organization that is systematically toxic, specifically to women. If you read through this and think oh man that's a let down I was expecting way more than that please understand that a general lack of outrage promotes these environments. I know that reading stuff like that over years with regards to the Redskins can numb you down but please don't think for a second that this is not big news. Think about how objectified those women felt, think about crying 4 out of 5 days because you were put down and sexualized over and over again. And you were afraid of raising a complaint because there was no official way to do it and you were told you are replaceable. When there were complaints they were "handled internally" like in the Walker - Santos case, which seems to be a euphemism for doing nothing. All of this was done by top executives. They apparently felt they could do whatever they wanted.

I am 100% sure that this is not an exclusive thing in DC, I am sure this goes on in way more organizations. But you know what could actually help moving forward? If this had some consequences. This is definitely something that a CEO of a public company would have to step down for. If the NFL is serious about work-place ethics and wants to have any sort of credibility when promoting women in sports or also raising awareness for women issues like domestic violence or (in a more abstract way) breast cancer and whatnot but bats an eye to stuff like this - they lose all credibility and ultimately are an enabler for every single one of those creeps.

This is a huge story, because it's not one person that was a creep. It's a huge story because it were multiple top executives, because it involved multiple women (and you pretty much know it's more than those that came forward) and it involved a culture - set by the owner - of not giving a ****.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, JMUSkins said:

Ok, you like this team, I get it.  Do you like them enough to demand change thru your actions?

Sure, but not by having to turn off the tv or not watch a game. Again, you can. That’s fine. I, however, won’t. If that makes me not an “actual fan”, well, guess I’m not an actual fan then 😑

• Thanks 1

for all of snyder's screw ups he sure seems to have handled this one pretty smart.

he got ahead of it by removing everyone involved before the story came out, possibly was partially the source of the crazy rumors to lesson the actually story, announced a name change which we'll probably get very soon to bury the lead story or at least bury it as best is possible. 

how can the mob Warrant outrage when the entire situation has already been rectified?

the only thing left to do is the internal investigation (which has been announced) so that justice can be served and to ensure it will never happen again. 

Edited by redskinss