Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

8 minutes ago, kleese said:

But it’s also very far fetched. Remember an NFL ref crew is huge. And it’s way too risky to try and bribe an entire crew. I can’t see any billionaire taking that type of risk of a leak involving that many people. So then do you just pick the head ref? The line judge? Individual refs really can’t impact things THAT much unless it’s super blatant and consistent or unless again, the entire crew is in on it. And unless the accusation is that Snyder was gambling on games, his only motivation would be for his pay offs to equal victories. And that’s a tall order even for a crooked ref. For example, the bad NBA ref (Donaghy) mostly worked to have games go over the total. That’s easier because towards end of games he can just get a little whistle happy for both teams and keep sending them to FT line. He wasn’t really cooking sides and wasn’t at all being paid off to shift winners. 

There is a reason most “fixing” scandals come on the lower levels (mid majors in college) and usually in basketball. Find people with more to gain (and less to lose), doing something under the radar, in a setting where one rogue person can possibly make that small shift that benefits you. The NFL ref payoff thing just doesn’t add up logically. 

The rumor didn't say anything about an entire crew that I saw. It could have easily been a few refs, but the guy made it seem like they were connected with a few other owners. Some billionaires think they're untouchable and money can make all their bad deeds go away. This is one that I won't take to my grave and say it's true but I won't be convinced right now that it isn't true, especially when we clearly have an owner with issues. Honestly when it comes to a Schefter tweet on something damaging to the NFL and it's owners, that's something he's going to get in front of fast. It holds a lot less credibility than a medical report he tweets out or something similar that a team would reveal to him. He's well connected within the NFL community. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

23 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

A 21st century example of profiles in courage.

Where are all the other reporters with years of verified knowledge of the fiendish goings on at Redskins Park? Cowering in fear under their desks or awaiting their reward of access to team news authorized by Snyder, no doubt.

• Like 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/16/redskins-sexual-harassment-larry-michael-alex-santos/?arc404=true

From dream job to nightmare

More than a dozen women allege sexual harassment and verbal abuse by former team employees at Redskins Park

Among the men accused of harassment and verbal abuse are three former members of Snyder’s inner circle and two longtime members of the personnel department:

• Michael, senior vice president of content and “the voice of the Washington Redskins.” Seven former employees said Michael routinely discussed the physical appearance of female colleagues in sexual and disparaging overtones. In 2018, Michael was caught on a “hot mic” speaking about the attractiveness of a college-aged intern, according to six former employees who heard the recording. Michael declined an interview request and retired Wednesday.

• Santos, the club’s director of pro personnel, was accused by six former employees and two reporters who covered the team of making inappropriate remarks about their bodies and asking them if they were romantically interested in him. In 2019, Santos was the subject of an internal investigation after Rhiannon Walker, a reporter for The Athletic, informed club management Santos had pinched her, told her she had “an ass like a wagon,” and repeatedly asked her to date him, Walker said in an interview with The Post. Nora Princiotti, a reporter for The Ringer who formerly covered the team, also said in an interview that she was harassed by Santos. Santos, who was fired this past week, declined to comment.

• Richard Mann II, assistant director of pro personnel, who in one text message obtained by the The Post told a female employee he and his colleagues debated whether her breasts had been surgically enhanced and in another text message told another female employee to expect an “inappropriate hug … And don’t worry that will be a stapler in my pocket, nothing else.” Mann, who also was fired last week, declined to comment.

• Dennis Greene, former president of business operations, implored female sales staff to wear low-cut blouses, tight skirts and flirt with wealthy suite holders, according to five former employees, including Applegate. Greene’s 17-year career with the club ended in 2018 amid a scandal over the revelation he had sold access to Redskins cheerleaders — including attendance at a bikini calendar photo shoot in Costa Rica — as part of premium suite packages. Greene declined to comment.

• Mitch Gershman, former chief operating officer, who Applegate said routinely berated her for trivial problems such as printer malfunctions while also complimenting her body. Two other former female employees supported Applegate’s account of her sexual harassment and verbal abuse by Gershman, who left the team in 2015.

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants
  • Thanks 5

As someone who has only been checking in about once every 5 hours or so since yesterday, it is crazy how this story continues to blow up to epic proportions the longer the supposed "story" doesn't get released. I fear that by the time my commute home from work is over, we will hear rumors that Dr Fauci is actually Snyder in a mask and he is partnering with Putin to bring down America.   

Some of the stuff I am hearing sounds outlandish, but I won't rule any of it out 100% because #Redskins

6 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Conspiracy theory: Bezos owns the Post and wants to buy the team so he is publishing this article for leverage.  

Woah! Where are you getting these totally original ideas

• Haha 2

One thing I hate is people who make judgments of people's character for whom they have never met.

Most who have posted here and have actually met Larry Micheal  seem to think he is a great guy.

Others not so much. If it comes out he is a scumbag so be it, but let's not pass judgement until judgement is due.