Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

15 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Don't think the FBI would be involved over paying off refs...

Not if one team did it but I was (wildly and unabashedly) speculating that a multiple team/league wide instance would certainly pique the FBI’s interest, much moreso than some dick pics and harassment.  That’s the Skin’s type angle.  Well, that and I could see them losing at the ref payoff game as well if multiple teams were doing it.  

Racketeering, fraud, RICO type crap amongst other potentially associated tentacles gets the FBI’s attention.

Again, completely unfounded speculation but I’d jump on that bus before spinning human trafficking into the web.

Edited by stoshuaj

9 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Schefter picking low-hanging fruit is hardly a red flag. It's an easy one to answer. All the other theories go a lot deeper than a "hey, are you paying refs?"

It's easy to answer because you're assuming we don't do it because our record is so bad. These questions "Hey are you guys doing drugs at Redskins park?", "Any sex parties going on over there?" Are much easier to ask and have lighter penalties. Schefter decides to go after this one though, it's weird. To me it seems like he's trying to get in front of it as fast as possible because it's damaging to the league. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

Larry's retirement is related.

I'm hearing: Sex, drugs, pimping out cheerleaders, nude photo shoots with cheerleaders, paying off refs, sexual assaults. And the icing on the cake: Gruden and Kapri Bibbs sleeping with the same woman, leading to Bibbs' benching during the game when Smith was injured on a missed block by Bibbs' replacement.

Edited by Stadium-Armory
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Unless he said something to make himself sound like a lecherous pervert, I don't think "being rude to your staff monster" is on the same level as "lecherous pervert monster".

I posted one example of him being a bad dude. And said there were others. 

and the whole read I get on him is that he’s absolutely the type of person being portrayed right now. 

and he just retired unexpectedly from a super cushy gig. 

I don’t know. Sometimes things just arent complicated. 

You should wait for the news article I guess. Even if the text messages aren’t real I’m still pretty convinced I have the right read on the guy. 

Edited by tshile

2 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

I can do it on my ipad just by copying the link but on my windows 10 laptop I get no joy.

So I would like to know how to do this too.

You post the tweet link. then hit enter.

Maybe you need to do that pause for it to load.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stadium-Armory said:

I'm hearing: Sex, drugs, pimping out cheerleaders, nude photo shoots with cheerleaders, paying off refs, sexual assaults. And the icing on the cake: Gruden and Capri Bibbs sleeping with the same woman, leading to Bibbs' benching during the game when Smith was injured on a missed block by Bibbs' replacement.

No ones paying refs, shefty just squashed that lol

The visual image of Larry Michael smashing his face in some 20 year old's ****

13. Please refrain from including overly explicit material in posts.
This includes, but is not limited to, overly violent, obscene, or sexual content in any media form--- including text, pictures, gifs, audio clips, or videos. Use discretion, and err on the side of caution in instances where material you are considering posting might be considered “over the line"

]

13 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

What before this past week made you think that Larry Michael was a monster?

For me, monster isn't the right word, but creep is. All had to do with that radio show he had with Bram Weinstein. I vividly recalled an interview he had with a Skins cheerleader around '07, having to do with some kind of cheerleader shoot. But this was the "Getting to know you" part of the segment.

She mentioned she had been in a movie with Kim Kardashian, and Bram joked that his wife wouldnt let him watch it anyway.

But Larry's questions cross the line and he starts in with "How long have you been this beautiful?" She was immediately turned off by it, the tone of his voice was inappropriate as well, but the interview continued.  

Dont remember .uch after that, but it left an indelible mark on me, in regards to him, on public radio, asking a question like that, while doing his job. Its really not a leap for me to believe he was capable of this, considering the overlapping similarities in behavior between men in powerful positions in entertainment, politics, sports, etc, and how they can get away with abhorrent behavior like that with little to no consequence.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kleese said:

One difference would be the incredible mounting public pressure. The leverage goes to the fans/public/media now. Yes, fans have called for him to sell before, but mostly just because he was bad at his job and didn’t produce results. That’s not reason enough to force a person to sell their privately owned business. But if there is enough evidence of this happening under his watch, the public attack could be such that it forces a move even if the league doesn’t feel they have the grounds to do so. He agreed to change the name because he was finally backed into a corner from which he could not escape. Could be similar situation. 

Everything that you say is rational and reasonable and makes good sense to anyone that analyzes the situation and acts accordingly.

Snyder, unfortunately is not what I would call a rational player. He is ego driven, narcissistic and  fatally insecure. A dangerous combination in a leader of an organization or country for that matter.

He will not walk away quietly to do so would fracture his delusional image of himself. He would rather destroy everything that is lined up against him even if it ensures mutal destruction.

He will have to be dragged from his perch at Redskins tower.

May the football gods have mercy on all of us.

4 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

And the icing on the cake: Gruden and Kapri Bibbs sleeping with the same woman, leading to Bibbs' benching during the game when Smith was injured on a missed block by Bibbs' replacement.

Hahahahaha ****ing hell this franchise...

I wonder who Adrian Peterson slept with to get himself inexplicably deactivated week 1 last season? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

It's easy to answer because you're assuming we don't do it because our record is so bad. These questions "Hey are you guys doing drugs at Redskins park?", "Any sex parties going on over there?" Are much easier to answer and have lighter penalties. Schefter decides to go after this one though, it's weird. To me it seems like he's trying to get in front of it as fast as possible because it's damaging to the league. 

But it’s also very far fetched. Remember an NFL ref crew is huge. And it’s way too risky to try and bribe an entire crew. I can’t see any billionaire taking that type of risk of a leak involving that many people. So then do you just pick the head ref? The line judge? Individual refs really can’t impact things THAT much unless it’s super blatant and consistent or unless again, the entire crew is in on it. And unless the accusation is that Snyder was gambling on games, his only motivation would be for his pay offs to equal victories. And that’s a tall order even for a crooked ref. For example, the bad NBA ref (Donaghy) mostly worked to have games go over the total. That’s easier because towards end of games he can just get a little whistle happy for both teams and keep sending them to FT line. He wasn’t really cooking sides and wasn’t at all being paid off to shift winners. 

There is a reason most “fixing” scandals come on the lower levels (mid majors in college) and usually in basketball. Find people with more to gain (and less to lose), doing something under the radar, in a setting where one rogue person can possibly make that small shift that benefits you. The NFL ref payoff thing just doesn’t add up logically. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

I'm hearing: Sex, drugs, pimping out cheerleaders, nude photo shoots with cheerleaders, paying off refs, sexual assaults. And the icing on the cake: Gruden and Kapri Bibbs sleeping with the same woman, leading to Bibbs' benching during the game when Smith was injured on a missed block by Bibbs' replacement.

Oh damn you're specifically hearing that, you must have some deep sources

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Agreed with the paying of the refs. It almost takes away all the credibility. 

We were the worst team in the NFL last year

I guess it could it be some kind of gambling thing, like winning a bet on how many penalties were given in the first quarter. Incredibly stupid if that's the case.

Just now, Destino said:

Odds of this story not living up to the hype is now 100%.  Assuming it exists at all.  

Today at three was the peak of my expectation. It's crashing down now.

You know what would be absolutely hilarious? The team itself feeding employees news that there's going to be a WP article just to smoke out the leakers, but then inadvertently starting the firestorm we have now.

• Like 1