Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

11 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

well apparently Larry Michael would only let the hot interns on TV if they slept with him. 

Allegidly based on an un-named source on twitter quoting another un-named source.

I'm not a Larry fan, but let's not rush to judgement and convict the guy with absolutely no evidence.

1 minute ago, GreenFields said:

When In doubt trust this man and his advice about this potential story

https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/1283739472585203713?s=21

Horse pucky.  Like I said before, the fact that the DC media isn't jumping all over themselves to leak this or bust this story is weird.  

I believe Keim would like nothing more than to bust this story wide open and be on the 6pm Sportscenter talking about the upcoming WaPo story and what it will include.  The fact that he's backing down from it says a LOT.  The fact that guys like JP Finlay and Standig are not saying anything either is weird, too.

There's a reason that none of these guys are busting open a story that is quickly gaining steam.  Keim can say "not my story" and he would be correct to do so...but he can also report on what the Post "allegedly" has.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Anybody paying attention knew he had no control of anything when DJax gave him a purple Nurple.  Can you IMAGINE anybody doing that to Bill Bellichick? Bill Parcels?  Joe Gibbs?  Ron Rivera?  If a player tried to do that to Ron, Ron would probably tackle them, take their helmet and beat them with it to prove a point.  (Let's not forget, Ron was part of one of the toughest defenses in the history of the league with the Bears.)

Hell yeah, I remember that crap.  Gruden giggled like a girl.  Pissed me off so much I wanted to kick in the TV.

• Like 1

I’ve gotta say, in some sick way this is re-energizing me as a fan no matter what happens. Like I will wear “surviving” all of this as a badge of honor. It reminds me of the Steve Martin quote from Planes, Trains, and Automobiles:

I-I could tolerate any, any insurance seminar, for days. I could sit there and listen to them go on and on with a big smile on my face. They'd say, "How can ya stand it?" And I'd say, "'Cause I've been with Del Griffith.

It’s like there is no breaking me now. You can’t do it. I’m a superhero. I’m unbreakable. Nothing you can ever do will stop me from wearing a jersey for game 1 each year. You can change the name, you can embarrass yourselves (and me) on the field for 25 years. You can embarrass yourselves (and me) off the field for 25 years. You can involve yourselves (not me) in orgies and FBI scandals and sinister plots... and I’m still here. 

I will outlast them all. I’ll be able to say I remember the Gibbs I glory and I survived the Snyder nightmare. Not even HE will the the constant at that point. But I will. This is great. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Honestly if the FBI is already involved that makes it easier to publish IMO.  They already have legs to stand on with regards to the story.  It's completely factual to say, "the FBI is investigating the team for X Y and Z." The alternative is that the WaPo publishes a fresh set of accusations straight out of right field and opens itself up to libel lawsuits.

That's how the Tim Donaghy story came out- the FBI was already investigating and the NY Post found out.

17 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

In fairness what guys dont talk about that?

"in fairness" :ols:

if that's what's real for you that's pretty sadass

yeah, a lot of 'em do, and a lot don't

even in the  pro sports world

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, wrecker said:

So all the reporters and journalists are all standing around waiting for someone to be the first to jump into the shark infested waters.

Then the rest of them will all become sharks themselves.

Guarantee, that once the story comes out, each and every one of these reporters will come out with stuff they heard and additional color, but didnt wanna say until somebody else said it first.  

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It was a different paper, with different leadership, different reporters, different ethics, and a very, very different time.  

True.  But the Redskins aren't anything to be afraid of.  In a certain light, if anyone is going to lawyer up here it's essentially Snyder vs. Bezos.  I mean, if Snyder wants to get some attack dog lawyer and go to court, Bezos can hire OJ's dream team on steroids.  Bezos could probably match the entire NFL on legal fees if they wanted to get in on it, too.

Just because it was a different paper with different leadership and reporters and ethics doesn't mean it was somehow BETTER.  All I'm saying is it's one thing to take on the federal government and a sitting POTUS vs. a scumbag NFL owner.  There's no real comparison.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

Whatever does or does not come of this. There are tens of thousands of disgusted fans with old crappy ragged HTTR outdated gear. We need to apply pressure on Snyder to sell. The fans need to apply the pressure so the NFL knows we are done with this. 

I live 5 minutes from the bubble. Someone go out a barrel out front and lets all start burning our old gear. Send a message. Protest. Idc. Protests get **** canceled. We need to cancel Snyder. ASAP. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Vet said:

I don't currently subscribe to the WaPo.  I'm guessing the story will be behind a pay wall of some sort?  Least I can do is subscribe if they bring The Danny down.

You can get behind the paywall by using an incognito browser. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Horse pucky.  Like I said before, the fact that the DC media isn't jumping all over themselves to leak this or bust this story is weird.  

I believe Keim would like nothing more than to bust this story wide open and be on the 6pm Sportscenter talking about the upcoming WaPo story and what it will include.  The fact that he's backing down from it says a LOT.  The fact that guys like JP Finlay and Standig are not saying anything either is weird, too.

There's a reason that none of these guys are busting open a story that is quickly gaining steam.  Keim can say "not my story" and he would be correct to do so...but he can also report on what the Post "allegedly" has.  

I can accept that these guys and girls know something and are choosing not to say, for one reason or another  But I dont accept that they're completely in the dark.  

Saw something on PFT where the team is hiring someone to do a review of the organization's policies.  Not saying that PFT is reputable source, but if this leads to Snyder being gone, then the name change was a prelude to the best thing to happen this team in 20+ years.

6 minutes ago, wrilbo67 said:

Honestly if the FBI is already involved that makes it easier to publish IMO.  They already have legs to stand on with regards to the story.  It's completely factual to say, "the FBI is investigating the team for X Y and Z." The alternative is that the WaPo publishes a fresh set of accusations straight out of right field and opens itself up to libel lawsuits.

That's how the Tim Donaghy story came out- the FBI was already investigating and the NY Post found out.

Unless the FBI asked them not to publish yet because it would hurt the investigation, and WaPo agreed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Whatever does or does not come of this. There are tens of thousands of disgusted fans with old crappy ragged HTTR outdated gear. We need to apply pressure on Snyder to sell. The fans need to apply the pressure so the NFL knows we are done with this. 

I live 5 minutes from the bubble. Someone go out a barrel out front and lets all start burning our old gear. Send a message. Protest. Idc. Protests get **** canceled. We need to cancel Snyder. ASAP. 

Coming to you live from CoronaSkins Park...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, SAli457180 said:

Saw something on PFT where the team is hiring someone to do a review of the organization's policies.  Not saying that PFT is reputable source, but if this leads to Snyder being gone, then the name change was a prelude to the best thing to happen this team in 20+ years.

PFT got that from USA Today and Schefter confirmed it also.