Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Theres definitely a tipping point where the pressure will be too much for the league to withstand.  Its a lot farther away though.  If the women keep it up and congress takes a real interest, the sponsors will follow suit to be on the right side of things.  Need all three groups on board to take down the shield.  Im here for it!!

• Like 9

This whole thing has been handled terribly from the start. Snyder investigating himself. 

The fake me out “staying away from the team”. 

Tonya taking over 😂 

Not releasing the findings.

Doubling down.

6 hours ago, KDawg said:

So, Mr. Breer, was he not at FedEx for the Sean Taylor debacle? My case is rested.

I think the League PR took lessons from WFT PR. None of these half answers of false statements are easing suspicion 

I don't know if you meant it the way it came across towards Breer, but I felt the same way as you when I first saw this tweet from him. I was thinking he's just being a mouthpiece for them, but I was wrong. He's actually doing a great job reporting on this without bias and even pointing out the holes in their nonsense:

So, yeah, he's alright with us so far, we can take it easy on him. :ols: 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

Theres definitely a tipping point where the pressure will be too much for the league to withstand.  Its a lot farther away though.  If the women keep it up and congress takes a real interest, the sponsors will follow suit to be on the right side of things.  Need all three groups on board to take down the shield.  Im here for it!!

As callous as it is to say this, I don't think it's serial sexual harassment or even assault in Ashburn that the NFL is this obviously concerned about. If it was "just" that, then they'd hang Snyder out to dry and be done with it as soon as the news cycle moves on. Whatever it is has to implicate a bunch of powerful people across the league.

Now, it could be as simple as more widespread Gruden-type "saying naughty things" stuff that would cause a bunch of cancel culture firings. Maybe the league doesn't want that to happen to that extent or all at once. However, if there's actual malfeasance involved or hinted at, since as cheating, doping, behind-the-scenes manipulation of games, etc., then you can see why the league would be sweating. Since Bruce apparently felt willing to vomit the entire contents of his mind into his email correspondence, one can only guess at what a treasure trove these emails would be for an enterprising (i.e., non-ESPN) reporter.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, profusion said:

As callous as it is to say this, I don't think it's serial sexual harassment or even assault in Ashburn that the NFL is this obviously concerned about. If it was "just" that, then they'd hang Snyder out to dry and be done with it as soon as the news cycle moves on. Whatever it is has to implicate a bunch of powerful people across the league.

Now, it could be as simple as more widespread Gruden-type "saying naughty things" stuff that would cause a bunch of cancel culture firings. Maybe the league doesn't want that to happen to that extent or all at once. However, if there's actual malfeasance involved or hinted at, since as cheating, doping, behind-the-scenes manipulation of games, etc., then you can see why the league would be sweating. Since Bruce apparently felt willing to vomit the entire contents of his mind into his email correspondence, one can only guess at what a treasure trove these emails would be for an enterprising (i.e., non-ESPN) reporter.

Yeah I think there is three things in play right now.

A.  The NFL's investigation itself is under the gun.  That's overtaken really everything.  If the contents whether its the emails or the findings get revealed and it looks really bad than the NFL is exposed for whitewashing it.  It makes them look every bit as bad as the WFT.  So they have to dig in their heels to show that they didn't whitewash this.  And if they are whitewashing this, whatelse have they whitewashed?  Opens Pandoras Box. 

B.  Whatever is revealed in those emails likely bring collateral damage.  Who the heck knows what's there, it could be Bruce repeating what a fellow owner said about Kaepernick or a number of sensitive issues whether its about women or a laundry of other things

C.  It puts the owners under the gun for ALL of their skeletons in the closet.  It doesn't have to be women related, it could be about anything.  If one owner gets booted out for bad behavior it sets a precedent for them.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

No way all this can go public. Will take out more than Danny Boy and the WFT. 

So my question is what's the consequence of the NFL just saying no? Can we have a second (bigger) investigation done by congress of WFT and the NFL at the same time? Can these same people who were harassed testify before congress about what went down with this org and possibly throw other people / orgs under the bus?

4 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

So my question is what's the consequence of the NFL just saying no? 

Potential sponsor withdrawal.

5 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Can we have a second (bigger) investigation done by congress of WFT and the NFL at the same time?

They can try to put on a show but nothing will come of it.

5 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Can these same people who were harassed testify before congress about what went down with this org and possibly throw other people / orgs under the bus?

I'm not sure on this piece of it.

But generally speaking, it feels our only hope is pressure from sponsors.  My gut says the bad guys are going to walk away unscathed on this.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Bingo. Sports ownership in North America (and around the world) is made up of some of the most uniquely wretched people from a socio-economic strata (the ultra-wealthy) of ghouls. You know there's some Eyes Wide Shut-tier **** going on or at least something comparable that would make even the most callous fans rethink the NFL and actually make sponsors withdraw their support and the owners cannot have that. 

The present is bleak and the future looks even worse because these billionaire freaks have their hands in everything, especially the things we enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, profusion said:

I have zero confidence in the League doing anything against a team owner regarding a toxic workplace environment for women.

Just a few years ago the Patriots owner got caught with his pants down in some shady massage parlor. Literally nothing of consequence happened.

Not the same thing, of course. But it's a well established fact that the gender card does not work against NFL owners. Players yes, but not at the rich boys club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Imagine if this was Russia. Comrade Goodell would dispatch some of his 'thugs' at the behest of the owners. We would start hearing about a series of 'unfortunate accidents' in the news...such as Beth Wilkinson falling down an open elevator shaft, or Jon Gruden tripping and falling out of a window on the 40th floor, or the two cheerleader reps having their brakes slashed, or Bruce Allen 'committing suicide' by shooting himself in the back of the head twice. (I'm sure Allen could pull this off, I have faith in him.)

Seriously, The Shield must be that serious if they honestly thought the public would buy what that idiot Goodell was selling last night. No written report because they're 'protecting the poor victims'?? Really? Nobody has told Goodell that there's an invention called a black marker that can be used to redact names from a written report? He's dumber than I thought, and last night's clown show clearly shows him to the be worst sports commissioner in history...where's Paul Tagliabue when you need him?

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

So my question is what's the consequence of the NFL just saying no? Can we have a second (bigger) investigation done by congress of WFT and the NFL at the same time? Can these same people who were harassed testify before congress about what went down with this org and possibly throw other people / orgs under the bus?

I just can’t see anyone associated with the league having the desire, or guts, to pull the pin on this thing. Probably game over for them.

If they are able to completely brush this under the carpet from here on in is another matter, not sure. Outside pressure may dictate otherwise.

Seems to me like congress has the best chance of breaking this out into the open, assuming they have the power to do what is necessary.

Based on the precedent so far, this is likely to have league-wide consequences, so the chances of people on the inside taking action are low. I'd say the sponsors taking action may also be wishful thinking. Plenty of those sponsors make easy money out of the league. Putting pressure on a name change for one unpopular team is low hanging fruit. Maybe the ones who aren't directly involved in the sports aspect of it, but I really don't think a company like Nike is going to want to unleash the carnage.

Ultimately I just want to see the people who have suffered get justice. It's not about wishing for an ownership change, nor caring about the consequences to the league as a whole. Even in the event that there is no evidence in those emails that anybody else has done anything on a par with Gruden (and of course that feels unlikely, but there hasn't been a wave of whistleblowers showing up elsewhere...yet), the whole handling of it certainly has the optics of being deeply inadequate.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It puts the owners under the gun for ALL of their skeletons in the closet.  It doesn't have to be women related, it could be about anything.  If one owner gets booted out for bad behavior it sets a precedent for them.

I've heard this theory thrown around...but nothing came out about the other owners when the Richardson stuff came out.  It's just amazing to me that they haven't tried to oust Snyder yet.  

12 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I've heard this theory thrown around...but nothing came out about the other owners when the Richardson stuff came out.  It's just amazing to me that they haven't tried to oust Snyder yet.  

Think about how petty and vindictive Snyder is.

He ran around with Bruce like they were best buddies for 10 years.  He fires the guy and he's got investigators showing up at the sexual assault victims houses trying to get them to pin it all on Bruce.  Just go back and read that twitter thread of his actions over the past several decades.  Dude has some serious psychological issues for sure.

He has to have dirt on the NFL and other owners.  I'd imagine they are scared to band together to remove him because of what he knows.  They know that he will burn everything down.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, my_friend_goo said:

Seems to me like congress has the best chance of breaking this out into the open, assuming they have the power to do what is necessary.

Based on the precedent so far, this is likely to have league-wide consequences, so the chances of people on the inside taking action are low. I'd say the sponsors taking action may also be wishful thinking. Plenty of those sponsors make easy money out of the league. Putting pressure on a name change for one unpopular team is low hanging fruit. Maybe the ones who aren't directly involved in the sports aspect of it, but I really don't think a company like Nike is going to want to unleash the carnage.

Ultimately I just want to see the people who have suffered get justice. It's not about wishing for an ownership change, nor caring about the consequences to the league as a whole. Even in the event that there is no evidence in those emails that anybody else has done anything on a par with Gruden (and of course that feels unlikely, but there hasn't been a wave of whistleblowers showing up elsewhere...yet), the whole handling of it certainly has the optics of being deeply inadequate.

I’m  not following the logic of this whole scenario (not your point directly) just the idea we would want or support one of the worlds most corrupt organizations ( US CONGRESS) investigating a smaller and probably less corrupt organization? 
When this is perceived to be the last hope of our fans to get change we are making a deal with the Most Power Hungry Corrupt entity I know of to oust the owner of our team? 

From my personal perspective on the issues with WFT it boils down to the “human” in human beings, there are ****ty people that do ****ty things and this isn’t new, it’s been like this throughout time. The issues with our team aren’t the disease they are just the symptoms of what is happening in our world not just today but ever since time began. 
I grow so weary of the uproar about these issues and especially now because we want corruption to investigate corruption as if there will be any change in how people treat people in this world…. This kind of solution is just so you can feel good? Seriously people, if you are really upset with these issues then accepting the corrupt to investigate the corrupt is insane unless you just want to sleep well at night knowing something happened somewhere and there was an investigation so moving on 🤷‍♂️.

So many in these threads jump up on a soapbox exclaiming their disdain for how horrible this all is….. y’all want these types of issues to become less prevalent then start at your work, your friends, your neighborhoods. Be aware, speak up, don’t let bad people get away with bad things anywhere we can, even in small things because when bad people get power they don’t stop doing the same things they got away with before. Make people accountable for ALL their actions no matter how small they are perceived to be then maybe sometime in our lifetime these issues will be less prevalent. We can’t just scream when these issues hit the national news or big corporations, we should make sure we deal with these issues in our normal life so others won’t think it’s acceptable. 

We will never remove the bad crap in this world but we sure as hell can reduce the amount if we do what we can in our own environment.

rant over lol, so we need new better LB’s right? 

31 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Maybe the difference was the evidence on Richardson was all about Richardson and his behaviour. Richardson may also have been more willing to walk away with a mountain of cash rather than drag the NFL through the dirt anymore than his actions had already done. Snyder seems far more vindictive.

Yeah, I was like "Dude, it's not news to us that congress is corrupt".  However, I'd partner with a villain to have Dan removed from ownership.  Whatever it takes.

Justice for the victims is having Dan removed from ownership.  Sure, it doesn't seem like much, as the guy will walk away with billions.  But at this point, that's about all they can hope for from a justice standpoint.  That their voices were heard and actions were taken to remove him from something he so dearly wants to keep.