Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Congress can't really do anything on its own against the NFL except pass legislation. Any contempt charges or such would have to be referred to the DOJ. This isn't going to get anywhere near that level.

More likely is that the media continues to get its hands on these emails for years to come, whenever it benefits someone with access to them. The information will get out there, eventually. And, of course, all it takes is one disgruntled employee with the requisite access to make it all public.

That amazing list of malfeasance in the Damn Snyder twitter thread shows that he's not just another garden-variety jerk. I'm struggling to think of any team owner in any sport who was that bad for that long. Donald Sterling was probably the closest, but I don't think even he managed to be as bad--his biggest sin for most of his tenure was just being really cheap.

The situation with Snyder is NOT normal, and the NFL might be advised to start making sure people know that. Right now, it looks like they're trying to protect him as just another average member of the club.

11 minutes ago, A-Lost-Wolf said:

I’m  not following the logic of this whole scenario (not your point directly) just the idea we would want or support one of the worlds most corrupt organizations ( US CONGRESS) investigating a smaller and probably less corrupt organization? 
When this is perceived to be the last hope of our fans to get change we are making a deal with the Most Power Hungry Corrupt entity I know of to oust the owner of our team? 

From my personal perspective on the issues with WFT it boils down to the “human” in human beings, there are ****ty people that do ****ty things and this isn’t new, it’s been like this throughout time. The issues with our team aren’t the disease they are just the symptoms of what is happening in our world not just today but ever since time began. 
I grow so weary of the uproar about these issues and especially now because we want corruption to investigate corruption as if there will be any change in how people treat people in this world…. This kind of solution is just so you can feel good? Seriously people, if you are really upset with these issues then accepting the corrupt to investigate the corrupt is insane unless you just want to sleep well at night knowing something happened somewhere and there was an investigation so moving on 🤷‍♂️.

So many in these threads jump up on a soapbox exclaiming their disdain for how horrible this all is….. y’all want these types of issues to become less prevalent then start at your work, your friends, your neighborhoods. Be aware, speak up, don’t let bad people get away with bad things anywhere we can, even in small things because when bad people get power they don’t stop doing the same things they got away with before. Make people accountable for ALL their actions no matter how small they are perceived to be then maybe sometime in our lifetime these issues will be less prevalent. We can’t just scream when these issues hit the national news or big corporations, we should make sure we deal with these issues in our normal life so others won’t think it’s acceptable. 

We will never remove the bad crap in this world but we sure as hell can reduce the amount if we do what we can in our own environment.

rant over lol, so we need new better LB’s right? 

I often am reminded that the people who want power are generally the least suited to have it. I also don't necessarily believe any action by Congress will necessarily result in guilty parties being found out. I do believe that that's the best chance of anything coming out of this, where else do you think that kind of pressure is likely to come from?

Mankind's propensity for being utter ****s to each other is probably unfixable, but can't disagree that the only way to change things is by recognising and calling out toxic behaviour. Any shift won't come quickly though.

Favored treatment in Washington

The origin of Jon Gruden’s emails’ surfacing stems generally from an investigation into sexual harassment claims and a toxic workplace environment in the Washington Football Team (WFT). That now-completed investigation 1) was overseen by the NFL and 2) was presented by the attorney handling it, Beth Wilkinson, in oral form only; there is no written documentation. And as to the discipline meted out to WFT owner Daniel Snyder at the end of that investigation? A nominal fine of $10 million and transfer of ownership operations from Snyder to his wife. The oral report and benign punishments were not only curious but continue a perception—fueled by further discovery of emails between former WFT president Bruce Allen and NFL general counsel Jeff Pash—that the team has received favorable treatment from the league.

Women working in Washington, it was reported, were told to wear tight dresses, and constantly felt pressured and intimidated by the working environment. Cheerleaders were put in compromising positions on junkets and other events even, reportedly, at the behest of the owner. Those women are not being served by the ousting of Gruden; they are pawns in some kind of political warfare.

With no written report of the WFT investigation’s findings, the emails actually emerged as part of litigation against Snyder where Allen was added to the litigation (by Snyder). Allen, who has his own litigation against Snyder—there are lots of lawyers—appeared to have been quite a prolific emailer.

While there is a lot about Allen revealed in this email trove, we have seen nothing about Snyder or any other NFL owners. And last week the team decided to honor the memory of the late Sean Taylor in a harried attempt to divert attention from the investigation. Even if that ceremony had been legitimately planned, the execution was poor. Through it all, the investigation and selective release of emails have ensnared only Gruden.

The NFL and WFT hope/expect that we will all turn to the next league drama, and they are usually right. (There is always a next drama. Remember Urban Meyer?) But now Congress has entered the picture, as the House Oversight Committee is wondering the same questions about a preferred investigation into Washington and a bigger issue with the brazen nature of the Gruden emails. The NFL can ignore the fans, the media and the lawyers (see the St. Louis case), but it cannot ignore Congress.

Further, investigative journalists at The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and other places have not closed the book here. My sense is we are at the beginning, not the end, of whatever needs to be exposed here.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 4

How embarrassing does all of this need to be, not for the NFL.. which has no soul, but for the average fan to just surrender and move on.  I have the sense that most would be willing to look past it if the football was good on the field.  But combine Bad football, bad league and bad owner?  It starts to really feel like the ship has slipped beyond the event horizon and just doomed to go into the black hole of death.

Oh Mark Davis entering the scrum, says he would like the NFL to provide a written report on the WFT investigation 👀 

Having one owner pissed at the collateral damage from Snyder’s bull**** is a start, at least.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Spill it.

You have to treat it like a political campaign or lobbying. You need a face of the movement. Someone to be in front of the media advocating for the sale of the team. You need marketing, money, advertising on why it needs to happen. You need to engage with the media and news outlets to provide evidence, coax them along. You need legal, its going to get messy. You need your advocates to realize once you go for Dan, he's going to come for you. Be ready. The message is going to attempt to be changed from why Dan should sell to why you are evil/what your past looks like. You need to apply pressure to the sponsors (team and NFL).

Its not really a hard playbook and raising the money wouldn't be terribly difficult. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is very pointed.

Was listening to some early morning sports while working and Keyshawn, JWill and Max talked about the WFT thing a little bit. Not a lot but they absolutely understand the gravity of it.

Good Morning Football did a blurb and moved on.

One is NFL owned. The other isn't.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 2

i was disappointed in the gmfb program and the crew on set as well as the regularly excellent journalism level of judy batista, tom pellisaro, and ian rappaport who were doing live reports from the meeting---all were unusually spineless and kept everything real brief given the importance it's carrying in most of the public arena

disappointing all around regardless of how expected or 'understandable' it may be (in the sense that self-intertest---perhaps particularly when affecting income and a media-based career--- often rules over principle with many people)

• Like 8

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

this could be true.  The NFL is being challenged for the investigation and yesterday they doubled down on it.    

Two birds with one stone. What's the problem with that?

Anyways I don't agree with this tweet. Jerry Richardson left without Goodell being dragged down. 

Too much self preservation on show to make a real difference. These folk all piss in the same pot. Dan may not be liked by most and he is rightly on the hook for the issues with the WFT, but I’d wager he’s taking ‘one for the team’ in respect of others going under the radar. 

What a murky old environment.

• Like 4