Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, Florgon79 said:

Two birds with one stone. What's the problem with that?

Anyways I don't agree with this tweet. Jerry Richardson left without Goodell being dragged down. 

The difference is The NFL from what I recall didn't have to defend that investigation.  And Richardson was already selling the team. 

I get the angle that the NFL teams like having a team to beat up on but at the end of the day if one of your franchises is so poorly run that it brings down the overall quality of the league then that is a bad thing. If people won't tune in to 17 games out of the year because they involve the WFT that's bad for business. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

The difference is The NFL from what I recall didn't have to defend that investigation.  And Richardson was already selling the team. 

But wasn't he selling because the report of his behavior came out? I thought he was just trying to stay one step ahead? There's no need to investigate further if you're leaving. Dan isn't leaving, thus the need to investigate this. 

12 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I get the angle that the NFL teams like having a team to beat up on but at the end of the day if one of your franchises is so poorly run that it brings down the overall quality of the league then that is a bad thing. If people won't tune in to 17 games out of the year because they involve the WFT that's bad for business. 

But wasn't he selling because the report of his behavior came out? I thought he was just trying to stay one step ahead? There's no need to investigate further if you're leaving. Dan isn't leaving, thus the need to investigate this. 

It comes up from time to time from national reporters in particular relating to this case by them saying Richardson before the incidents was already poking around to sell.  Maybe the incidents made it even more compelling to do it but that supposedly where Richardson was already headed to on his own.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/12/21/nfl-says-it-is-not-pressuring-panthers-owner-to-sell-team/108825024/

NFL says it is not pressuring Panthers owner to sell team

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The NFL made it clear Thursday it isn't forcing Panthers owner Jerry Richardson to sell the team while he is under investigation for sexual and racial misconduct in the workplace.

NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart said during a conference call that "there was no pressure from the league on Mr. Richardson" to sell his team . Lockhart said Richardson "came to the conclusion over that weekend that putting his team up for sale was what he wanted to do. We found out about it shortly before the announcement came out."

The NFL plans to hire an outside counsel to conduct the Richardson investigation, but a final decision has not been made on which firm.

Lockhart said the league didn't know about the allegations against Richardson until Friday, the same day the Panthers put out a stunning news release first announcing its own investigation of Richardson's alleged workplace misconduct. That was followed on Sunday by a Sports Illustrated report that detailed Richardson's alleged misconduct.

Lockhart said the NFL is expecting full cooperation from the Panthers.

There is a huge concern among the fan base that new ownership might move the team from Charlotte.

"The league, as we have said in a number of different contexts, our first choice is always for franchise stability," Lockhart said. "The franchise in Carolina has been successful both on the field and from a community impact."

Edited by Skinsinparadise

14 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

The uproar over George Floyd has showed that public pressure is effective at forcing change. This is a new day and today things like this get a much stronger reaction.  We need to keep the pressure on.

Maybe not the best example, as nothing has changed as of yet. In fact funding has increased in most places despite cries to the contrary. I won’t go further, obviously this isn’t the right forum for it.

The name change is a decent example though, and directly related to this team of course. 

• Like 2

Dan Snyder Will Never Take Responsibility and Roger Goodell Won't Make Him

On the same day two former Washington employees asked for transparency, the NFL commissioner stuck to his unseemly talking points to protect one of his own.

Ana Nunez and Melanie Coburn probably weren’t even back to D.C. before Roger Goodell was at a podium, telling the football-watching world that protecting the anonymity of accusers like them is the reason why the league isn’t making public the findings of an investigation into the Washington Football Team that cost eight figures and took almost a year to complete.

Nunez and Coburn—the former having worked for the team in sales, the latter as a cheerleader and then in marketing—took the train from Washington to New York earlier in the day Tuesday to plead, again, for the league to lift the curtain on what Beth Wilkinson, the former federal prosecutor hired to run the investigation, found over her 11-plus months on the job. They asked for transparency in a letter they delivered to owners. They asked for it again talking with reporters on hand for the league’s fall meeting at a posh midtown hotel.

They probably knew, deep down, that the ask was always going to be ignored.

Mostly because everyone knows. This is how the NFL does business.

We’ve been over this point before, but the double standard is obvious. We got 243 pages on Tom Brady and Deflategate. We got 144 pages on Richie Incognito and Bullygate. We got 96 pages on Ray Rice. Anyone with Wi-Fi and Google can find those reports readily.

Meanwhile, we got zero from the league on Jim Irsay in 2014, on Jerry Richardson in ’18 or on Robert Kraft in ’20. In each case, the media or the authorities brought the facts to light, there was no follow-up investigation from the league and only Irsay was actually sanctioned by 345 Park.

In this case, the NFL did do an investigation, so give them credit for that. Yet, when it was time for accountability, the NFL assessed Dan Snyder a mealy-mouthed kind-of-but-kind-of-not suspension that has been enforced so strongly that Snyder hasn’t missed a single game—he’s front and center in the suite every week—and worded a $10 million fine to be clear that it was the team, not Snyder himself, being punished.

Coburn said Tuesday that if a written report were issued, she believes it would reveal “serial sexual harassment [and] serial sexual assault.” Which, of course, would be a problem, only it’s a problem Snyder will probably never be held accountable for.

And after that, Snyder’s response, through lawyers and PR people, has been to get his back up over anyone thinking he was suspended or not still in control of the team, which hardly would give anyone the impression that he’s a man who’s learned any sort of lesson. Or has done any sort of reflection over what he did wrong. Or even has a hint of self-awareness.

... was Goodell on Wednesday, holding the bag for Snyder, who hasn’t made himself available to face the music, just like Snyder's wife Tanya held the bag for him over the summer. Unsurprisingly neither even remotely pointed the finger at the Washington owner. And the reason why links right back to why Nunez and Coburn said they believe they still haven’t gotten an apology from anyone involved in the case—because such contrition to the accusers or through others would be an admission of guilt.

Because of all the things that have happened, being held personally responsible is the one thing we know that Snyder won’t stand for.

Some have asked how other owners could stand for Snyder’s driving the brand of one of the NFL’s flagship franchises into the ground relentlessly for two decades and making them all look bad over the course of the last year. The answer to that one is simple: Everyone has skeletons. No one wants the precedent set of the league’s having license to take an owner’s team away.

Trust me on this: It’s definitely not that the other people in that room like, or even respect, Snyder very much. More so, it’s what taking action on him will mean for everyone.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

If the NFL won’t police their own, like Snyder, then maybe sponsors should become more concerned. I’m thinking something like FedEx wanting their name off the stadium. If people put pressure on sponsors, then Things may change. The NFL doesn’t want to lose money from sponsors. Sponsors forced a name change, but obviously that did not go far enough.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Because of all the things that have happened, being held personally responsible is the one thing we know that Snyder won’t stand for.

Some have asked how other owners could stand for Snyder’s driving the brand of one of the NFL’s flagship franchises into the ground relentlessly for two decades and making them all look bad over the course of the last year. The answer to that one is simple: Everyone has skeletons. No one wants the precedent set of the league’s having license to take an owner’s team away.

Trust me on this: It’s definitely not that the other people in that room like, or even respect, Snyder very much. More so, it’s what taking action on him will mean for everyone.

Ugh.  I was hoping that giving up Snyder would be enough to lock their skeletons up, not make them more vulnerable.  Giving up Snyder says, "See?  When one of us does a bad, we get rid of him.  So obviously nobody else has done a bad or we would've gotten rid of them, too."

They can’t really sacrifice Dan because he will just take those equally as guilty of similar down with him. All this is probably a wake up call for many though. Might result in change, just not change that’ll be publicly clear. Boys club with privately tidy their own patches up.

Gruden might not be finished yet. Or Bruce for that matter.

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74
  • Like 2

Inquiring minds want to know why does Julie Donaldson remain with this team?  Why not leave now before the curtain falls on this team completely?

Why did she accept the job in the first place given the Redskins negative history over the last few years while she was covering the team?

If a new owner comes in she could lose her job anyway.  Leave now Julie before your reputation goes down the toilet.

12 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

They can’t really sacrifice Dan because he will just take those equally as guilty of similar down with him. All this is probably a wake up call for many though. Might result in change, just not change that’ll be publicly clear. Boys club with privately tidy their own patches up.

Gruden might not be finished yet. Or Bruce for that matter.

I'm hoping Gruden and Bruce expose the whole damn thing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tompa Bay in a divisional game is a much better matchup. I'm surprised Denvers share is as big is all.

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Gonna be tough for those two to really expose anything unless they have some pictures or something. They did all the emailing, Dan doesn't even have a company email to tie him to any of this.

6 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I would guess Grudens departure from LV has its own complications given his contract status their pre resignation.

Not sure I believe Mark Davis wanting a public airing of the facts either. 

2 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Gonna be tough for those two to really expose anything unless they have some pictures or something. They did all the emailing, Dan doesn't even have a company email to tie him to any of this.

That's just from a few e-mails of 650K.  And they know a LOT more than what's in the e-mails.  They're both out of the league for good now.  I can't see why they wouldn't want to bring a few guys with them.

Also, Davis earlier today said that he was in favor of releasing a written report from the investigation.  I don't think it's a coincidence that Gruden's most recent boss is saying this.

I also heard on local radio this morning that Goodell told the owners privately that the email leaks did NOT come from the league. Considering the only other people who had access to those emails were the investigators and the team itself, that makes it pretty clear who most likely DID leak them, something we pretty much knew already. I can't imagine that making the other owners very happy. 

Fredo is ready for a boat ride. 

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He has to have dirt on the NFL and other owners.  I'd imagine they are scared to band together to remove him because of what he knows.  They know that he will burn everything down.

I don't know.  I've always heard from various sources (local and national) that the other owners do not like Snyder and have essentially put up with him since he's bought the team.  The only owner he is close to is Jerry Jones.  Jones might be afraid of some skeletons in his closet, but I can't see Snyder having the dirt on all of the other owners.  

Bruce Allen is a human crap stain but should he have secretly recorded any damning conversations with Snyder that lead to his dismissal, I’ll take everything I ever said about him back.

That appears to be the only way we’ll ever catch Snyder in anything.  The whole “no email” thing is truly mafia level stuff.  Some point to him being too incompetent to grasp modern technology, which could be true.  But more likely is he wants no paper trail of his wrongdoings.

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I don't know.  I've always heard from various sources (local and national) that the other owners do not like Snyder and have essentially put up with him since he's bought the team.  The only owner he is close to is Jerry Jones.  Jones might be afraid of some skeletons in his closet, but I can't see Snyder having the dirt on all of the other owners.  

Oh, I’m sure nobody likes him.  But that doesn’t mean he hasn’t been privy to a lot of terrible things that have occurred in the league that were never made public.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

The other owners probably love Dan because no matter what any of them do they can never look nearly as bad as that asshole does.

Yep I think its that.  

As for Dan's losing I wonder how that goes down with them?  On one hand most of these owners teams have feasted on Dan's team for most of 20 years.  On the other hand they do pool some of their money together (granted its not a big piece of the pie) and Dan is a money loser on that front in recent years -- TV ratings, attendance, jersey sales, etc. 

• Like 1