Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rivera has talked about it multiple times including just two days ago about liking Qbs among last draft's crop but he didn't want to give up trade capital to make the move and trade up.  Hinted strongly that he might do so next year or whatever it takes to get a QB.  A lot of posts and quotes about it on the Qb thread.

Hopefully not but that's Dan's ammo.  Sadly that's how he rolls so its possible. 

Thanks for the info.  I think we should trade one of our stud front 4 and acquire the draft capital he is hesitant to part with.  When you keep drafting DL and it doesn't = wins, its time to make a trade.  Lets send Chase to Green Bay to become the next Preston Smith.  We sure like Smith-Williams a ton so someone is expendable.

I want a mandate on our next coach - he must draft a QB in the first 3 rounds within their first 2 years.  This of course after RR likely panics and reaches on a QB next spring and crashes and burns like the dumpster fire our entire org is.

Somehow, we have STILL not yet hit rock bottom.

Edited by RandyHolt

4 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Clearly if RR and our GMs didn't like any of last years QB draft crop (nor see the need), they certainly won't next spring. 

I don't get the idea they didn't like any of them. I think they were committed to NOT giving up the draft capitol it would have taken to get who they wanted. I also think while they really really wanted Stafford, they felt like Fitz would work very well with the system. And despite some claiming after less than a half of football and 6 whole passes, that still could be true. 

Will be interesting to see how it [plays out this offseason. You cannot go 3 yrs into being a HC without your guy at QB. You can't do that and survive anyway. I liek Ron but another offseaosn not addressing the QB situation long term and I will start to sour on him. 

16 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I don't get the idea they didn't like any of them. I think they were committed to NOT giving up the draft capitol it would have taken to get who they wanted. I also think while they really really wanted Stafford, they felt like Fitz would work very well with the system. And despite some claiming after less than a half of football and 6 whole passes, that still could be true. 

Will be interesting to see how it [plays out this offseason. You cannot go 3 yrs into being a HC without your guy at QB. You can't do that and survive anyway. I liek Ron but another offseaosn not addressing the QB situation long term and I will start to sour on him. 

Ok I will rephrase - they didn't like them enough, or didn't see the need to address QB this draft.  They liked holding their draft picks better, and Jamin which reeks of former LBs as coaches having too strong a vote in the draft room. Ummm - QB?

It's was hard to watch the entire first round knowing NE was going to land Mac Jones and we'd likely take no one, yet again.

Edited by RandyHolt

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

lol idk if you’re joking but isn’t the commonly accepted history that that was Karl Swanson? 

Really, I didn't know that. I honestly thought it was Dan all along. I thought about it on my drive home and decided to post it. 

Another side question. Do we know what players Dan is having out with now? Who was on his inner circle since Rg3 left? It's Collins? Was Hall? Norman? I can't see Bostic being there. I suppose Haskins was there? We haven't heard about this side of things lately.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

During the afternoon’s privileged session—an owners-only period of the meetings with Goodell—Tanya Snyder followed a spirited back-and-forth between the commissioner and Raiders owner Mark Davis by standing to address the room with a prepared statement.

She said she was sorry that the investigation had created so much negative attention and apologized to those affected by the investigation itself, such as Davis. She said the team wanted to move forward and went on the offensive.

Snyder said she and her husband had been extorted by their limited partners. She’d also told the group that neither she nor her husband were responsible for leaking the emails that wound up leading to Jon Gruden’s ouster in Las Vegas, and that her husband doesn’t even have an email account.

And while she showed regret that the matter wasn’t handled internally, she never took responsibility for her own or her husband’s role in the workplace climate in Washington, other than to say that the team would “get this right.”

A brief, awkward silence followed Snyder’s monologue, before Goodell moved the session along. “Tone-deaf,” is how one person in the room described Snyder’s remarks. Two more owners agreed with that characterization, when asked about Snyder’s handling of a situation that has the NFL facing a congressional inquiry.

The Washington Football Team declined to comment on Snyder’s address to the owners.

I tried to tell you guys a few months ago that she was a ****ing moron and vastly underqualified for whatever bull**** role she has.  Ya know, just like her husband.

• Like 8

Her speech may very well have been tone deaf, but considering how the NFL and its owners have handled this emails crisis, it's ironic hearing them complain about a prepared speech being tone deaf when they left Danya in power to begin with.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 7

50 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I hope the owners looked at each other in bewilderment when Tanya said Dan didn't have an email. It's 2021, how can you not have an email account by now lol. 

Of course he has a personal email address.

She prob meant a corporate WTF email from where the NFL could have found some stupid ass comments by the owner. As in daniel.snyder@wtf.com.

Now they're just asking for a congressional investigation. It's like they are taunting the press.

A while back Dan Sileo (master of throwing spaghetti against the wall), tweeted that Gruden could bring back Bruce Allen as GM after this season.  If this was in fact accurate, it would provide a potential motive for released emails discrediting both Allen & Gruden.

Edited by Andre The Giant
  • Like 1

Do you guys think Pash had a mild heart attack when Goodell dropped the, "We don't want to release the investigation in order to protect the anonymity of the people in the report" (paraphrased)?

I bet wherever he was he was yelling at his TV (NO! NO! WE CAN REDACT! NOOOOOOOOO!)

8 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

I tried to tell you guys a few months ago that she was a ****ing moron and vastly underqualified for whatever bull**** role she has.  Ya know, just like her husband.

I don't remember many disagreeing. Maybe they did but I do not remember a big backlash. The only point being made is that she was at least a bit more polished and may not be quite as offensive. But that was more hope than anything based on knowledge. I myself pointed out her treating her nanny like **** as evidence of her being the same POS as danny. 

Either way, the sad part is these that while these coward owners may privately feign disgust, it will be business as usual and danny boy will walk away with no accountability and no real consequences despite some truly deplorable acts. 

Our only real hope is for sponsor's to pull out or otherwise put pressure on the NFL to do something. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I hope the owners looked at each other in bewilderment when Tanya said Dan didn't have an email. It's 2021, how can you not have an email account by now lol. 

I dunno, it seems kind of on-brand for Danny Boy. 

As for the Bruce emails supposedly not being part of the Wilkinson investigation, that makes sense if you think about it. Her first priority would have been to interview everyone involved (who was willing to talk) and get the basic story. It was so atrocious that she probably wouldn't have had to go further.

This wasn't done in connection with litigation, where you'd have that level of detail, and I doubt her clients (the NFL and Dan himself) wanted her to go fishing in those murky waters. If anyone's corporate emails would have been searched, it would have those of the women involved, in an effort to discredit them.

Now, Bruce's emails are VERY pertinent to the litigation he's involved with, all of which also includes Dan. Not hard to connect those dots.

The league DID have the Bruce emails eventually, though, since they turned them over to Mark Davis shortly before the story broke. A lot of angles on this one.

10 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

I don't recall though anyone thinking it mattered what she was qualified for because i don't recall anyone buying she actually was running anything.  It has been mentioned by more than one person including Sheehan whose heard this from people who worked there that she's a much nicer person to deal with in the office than Dan is.    And though she seems to be obtuse like her husband I haven't heard anything about her being a terror behind the scenes like Dan is. 

Reading through the laundry list posted on twitter of what Dan has done as far as epic level of incompetence and mean spiritness, I think any dude I can grab off the street can do a better job or at least handle ownership with more class than Dan but alas we are stuck with Dan.   

I think this sums it up well with her

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Do you guys think Pash had a mild heart attack when Goodell dropped the, "We don't want to release the investigation in order to protect the anonymity of the people in the report" (paraphrased)?

I bet wherever he was he was yelling at his TV (NO! NO! WE CAN REDACT! NOOOOOOOOO!)

There was a lawyer on Sheehan's podcast who knows all the players including Pash from first hand legal work and said Goodell screwed up on two fronts.  I had to pause the podcast and thus far only listened to one of them.   But that was the first, not just about redacting but mainly because its set up for the women's lawyers to turnaround that narrative with women coming forward saying they are fine with using their name and keeping that public drum going and the story alive, which is already happening.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

A while back Dan Sileo (master of throwing spaghetti against the wall), tweeted that Gruden could bring back Bruce Allen as GM after this season.  If this was in fact accurate, it would provide a potential motive for released emails discrediting both Allen & Gruden.

One more thing … doesn’t the release of the Gruden/Allen emails seem awfully similar to the release of the Jay Gruden videos during his final season.  Smells like a tactic we’ve seen before.

The whole situation seems like the same drama/mess we’ve been dealing with in DC for the last 20+ years.  Only difference is that it’s now on the National level.  Drama seems to follow Snyder around.  Every time someone tries to cover for him (Cerrato, Allen, Goodell) the situation just seems to get worse or bigger.  Now Congress is involved and it’s affecting all owners.  Sooner or later someone’s going to figure out that you can’t cover for Snyder forever because something else is always going to happen.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

There was a lawyer on Sheehan's podcast who knows all the players including Pash from first hand legal work and said Goodell screwed up on two fronts.  I had to pause the podcast and thus far only listened to one of them.   But that was the first, not just about redacting but mainly because its set up for the women's lawyers to turnaround that narrative with women coming forward saying they are fine with using their name and keeping that public drum going and the story alive, which is already happening.

Gonna give it a listen in a few.

Thanks.

I forget about his pods lately. The lack of Cooley has had me tuning in less :ols:

Yeah I don't remember anyone pushing back on the idea that Tanya is just Dan and nothing more, nobody here defended her and her qualifications.  

So I'm confused on what Congress is requesting. If they are sticking to the story that it was just an oral report (who really believes this?) then can't they simply write a summary that makes it look better and submit? Will Beth be able to see what was submitted to verify it's true?  Can she testify?  If she is called she has to report, that should not cause her future business as she had no choice.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Gonna give it a listen in a few.

Thanks.

I forget about his pods lately. The lack of Cooley has had me tuning in less :ols:

I just finished listening it during my workout just now.  The guy, Howard Gutman, was outstanding IMO.  He knows Banks, Wilkerson, Pash personally and how they operate.  He's also an accomplished lawyer, been around the block and is a WFT fan.

He said before the Goodell statements, he gave it zero chance that Dan could be removed, now he puts it at 20%. The Goodell statements dug a hole in his opinion.

A.  The protecting the women drill opens up to 2 points.  The women would have likely been redacted anyway but regardless now the lawyers just have to show waivers from the women showing they are ok with their names releaed

B.  Goodell playing up the punishment when it was even a fine.  He said it was a purely a donation to charity which is tax deductible and the organization like does anyway.

He also talked about the discrepancy between Dan and Goodell's statements about suspension/being removed.   Same thing I commented on the other day.  Reading the tea leaves, he thinks Dan worked out a deal with Goodell saying he would be less involved because he's focused on the stadium because he doesn't not want it to be anything as far an official suspension.   Gutman didn't follow up much on this point but for me I noticed how Goodell mentioned Dan's been out 4 months.  And not only isn't that true but Dan can't be happy because when a story surfaced (from PFT) that if you read Goodell's initial statement about the "punishment" at the time it alluded than Dan has sort of a supension.  but days later Dan's PR guys leaked iout that Dan wasn't suspended at all and that was BS.  So for me I'd add this to the pile where Dan seems to be at odds with the NFL at least publicly.

Gutman states the obvious in conclusion which is there is no seamless exit for Dan because he can't save face.  His reputation is in the mud. So he thinks that is part of the soup why he likely wouldn't feel compelled to sell in his own.  He thinks would could do him in is that his management conduct could reach a level where they feel that enough is enough now that the league is being dragged through the mud.  If Dan was responsible for the leaks that adds to his problems.  He more or less said that yeah other teams make mistakes and have toxic cultures but this could be seen so out of hand there that they might say look enough is enough.

Here's some of the part about the fine. 

• Like 2

I wanted to give Tanya a chance, for the lone fact she is BC survivor and I lost a wife to it.  However, it is obvious to me now that the organization structure and direction, if it has a direction, remains unchanged.  This franchise is stained and other than a complete change of ownership or concrete proof that people other than the Snyder's are making decisions, don't think that stain will come off.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1