Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Goodell and Pash probably think they can just make this go away by sending out enough pablum until the news cycle moves on. It'll be up to Congress on how far they want to take this. Of course, Snyder is going to be a continuing problem for the other owners long after this is forgotten, if they let him stick around. He's a liability.

I'm sure the news media wants in on the action, but somebody on the inside will have to be willing to feed them more information for that to amount anything.

Edited by profusion

19 minutes ago, profusion said:

Goodell and Pash probably think they can just make this go away by sending out enough pablum until the news cycle moves on. It'll be up to Congress on how far they want to take this. Of course, Snyder is going to be a continuing problem for the other owners long after this is forgotten, if they let him stick around. He's a liability.

I'm sure the news media wants in on the action, but somebody on the inside will have to be willing to feed them more information for that to amount anything.

What's shocking (well, not really) is that the billionaire NFL owners and their legal counsel actually thought Goodell's explanation would be swallowed without question..."let's blame the victim's request for anonymity on our refusal to invest in black magic markers and printers. Seems legit."

I know Goodell is just a stoolie for his employers, but this last press conference just confirmed it for anyone who thought this suck-up had any principles, character or morals like the commissioners of the other three major sports.

I'm sure Paul Tagliabue (who DID have principles and ethics) is rolling in his grave right now...

...wait, he's still alive. Scratch that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

What's shocking (well, not really) is that the billionaire NFL owners and their legal counsel actually thought Goodell's explanation would be swallowed without question..."let's blame the victim's request for anonymity on our refusal to invest in black magic markers and printers. Seems legit."

I know Goodell is just a stoolie for his employers, but this last press conference just confirmed it for anyone who thought this suck-up had any principles, character or morals like the commissioners of the other three major sports.

I'm sure Paul Tagliabue (who DID have principles and ethics) is rolling in his grave right now...

...wait, he's still alive. Scratch that.

I was about to ask when Tags died 🤭

3 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

More likely, they didn't really care what anyone thought, since they hold the entirely plausible belief that they'll never be held accountable. Everyone with a stake in this makes far too much money off the league to want to blow things up until they're forced to.

This was simply the blandest and easiest explanation they could come up with. They don't really care whether you believe it.

Just now, RandyHolt said:

What a little punk ass **** trying to be called Mister.

Call me Mr. Synder.  Sure thing, Dan.

You wanna go?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Darrell Green is the same way if you meet him.  Explanation was something that made sense, along the lines of, "We're not on a first-name basis yet."

Friendly? No.  But I don't think it's unreasonable (except for when your kids are friends with his kids).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Darrell Green is the same way if you meet him.  Explanation was something that made sense, along the lines of, "We're not on a first-name basis yet."

Friendly? No.  But I don't think it's unreasonable (except for when your kids are friends with his kids).

I mean, whenever I meet another adult man, I don't call them "Mr. <lastname>".  I also don' tell them to call me Mr. purbeast-lastname.

I call them "<firstname>" and they call me purbeast.

And when we do introductions, people introduce themselves by their first name as well.

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

I mean, whenever I meet another adult man, I don't call them "Mr. <lastname>".  I also don' tell them to call me Mr. purbeast-lastname.

And when we do introductions, people introduce themselves by their first name as well.

Same here.  I'm just saying it's not a Snyder-exclusive.

When you want something from someone, and you already know their name and they don't know yours, Mr./Ms./Whatever <lastname> can be an effective lead-in.

2 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Oh stop 

nobody calls you purbeast :P 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Oh no that's depressing. We certainly have not hit rock bottom yet.

But the difference is Green was a star, and Dan is just a telecom bubble nerd that got lucky and sold before the market tanked.

Just now, RandyHolt said:

Oh no that's depressing. We certainly have not hit rock bottom yet.

But the difference is Green was a star, and Dan is just a telecom bubble nerd that got lucky and sold before the market tanked.

Yep, one wants the "Mister" because he's a legend, the other wants it because he never will be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I dont remember calling anyone mister since college...

I do, if it’s one of my parents friends that I’m not on a first name basis with, but even that’s rare. Most of them my siblings and I have known since we were younger, so we call them by their first names. 

edit: actually....now that i think of it, I’m on a first name basis with all of them. The only people i know that i call Mr, or Mrs, is these family friends of like 20 years, but that’s cause we’ve called them Mr (first name) and Mrs (first name) and their daughter (a couple years older than me) has grown up calling my parents Mr (first name) and Mrs (first name). 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

I know this is a pipe dream, but why don’t Dan sell? Him and his wife can leave the aggravation of being despised and he’ll get way more for what he purchased the team for and he’ll move right up the Forbes wealthiest Americans list. 

Edited by No Nonsense

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I do, if it’s one of my parents friends that I’m not on a first name basis with, but even that’s rare. Most of them my siblings and I have known since we were younger, so we call them by their first names. 

Nope, maybe sir or ma'am, but I'm not in school anymore, more subconscious then intentional.  Someone requires me to call them mister, I might look at them sideways, I call my former teachers on LinkedIn by first name basis now.

2 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I know this is a pipe dream, but why don’t Dan sell? Him and his wife can leave the aggravation of being despised and he’ll get way more for what he purchased the team for and he’ll move right up the Forbes wealthiest Americans list. 

Pride, he has too much of it...

Edited by Renegade7

Being called ‘Mister’ is a badge of honor worn exclusively by those who truly deserve it. Whether you are a mascot, a person who’d rather remain anonymous, or even a toy, if you’ve earned the title, ‘Mr.’, you, my friend, are in the upper echelon of men. Sorry Digg fans, no Mr. Baby Man, but we have 25 others that are sure to make you happy. Oh, and if I’ve somehow missed a Mister that’s as poignant as this batch, let me know and there might be a Mr. Fist in it for ya! Seriously!

https://gunaxin.com/twenty-five-misters-from-pop-culture

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

Telling adults to call you Mr. is kind of odd.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I always wondered how she could be married to such an a-hole.  I feel like she has a lot of 'splainin to do.  Like she doesn't know how awful her husband is to other people.  Her having a decent reputation would defy all the co-signing she does of her husband's behavior.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1