Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

This could turn very ugly, the cheerleader scandal was not too long ago, now this? The NFL will have no choice but to take some type of action, can't keep sweeping these things under the rug.

This is a good point. How many more times can Dan play plausible deniability when it's clear that this stuff keeps happening under his leadership?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

The league didn't really do anything to Bob Kraft for getting a handy at a place known for sex trafficking. They certainly won't do anything to Snyder for failing to punish/correct sexual harassment, if that's indeed the extent of the allegations.

I think mass sexual harassment is much worse than going to a rub and tug.

Now if Kraft knew the staff were there illegally against their will that's another story but he's almost 80, his wife died of cancer in 2011 and he had been married to her since 1963, I'm guessing it's not easy to find someone who truly cares about you when your an 78 yr old billionaire.

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

These women that came forward, they're brave as hell. God knows I'd be horrified that I would be sued into oblivion. I believe there is more and we got the team friendly version of it. 

Yeah. And Snyder thinks he's gonna skate. He may have legally/financially,  but not with me. He is the absolute worst kind of **** walking this planet

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Because you called a guy who sexually harrassed and borderline assaulted women in the building simply a "d-bag", and I used that as a jumping off moment for a larger point that I think is important. 

Next time I am in need of calling someone a name, I will check with you first so I know which name is appropriate. I don't want to come off as someone who condones sexual harassment simply because I don't know what name to call the offender. 

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

These women that came forward, they're brave as hell. God knows I'd be horrified that I would be sued into oblivion. I believe there is more and we got the team friendly version of it. 

A billionaire is a hell of an enemy.  Especially considering the stories written about what happened to that Park Ranger that called him out for cutting down trees.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SprintBomb said:

Next time I am in need of calling someone a name, I will check with you first so I know which name is appropriate. I don't want to come off as someone who condones sexual harassment simply because I don't know what name to call the offender. 

Relax. It's just a conversation we should all be more comfortable having, imo. No hard feelings and it wasn't personal.

• Like 1

My 2 cents, after marinating on this for a little while...

(first and foremost, I'm not a Dan Snyder supporter and would have loved to see this story rip him to shreds)

While, the treatment of this woman (and possibly others but we never really know as they aren't named and can't specifically comment) is horrible, this doesn't ring any warning sounds. These men are all sleaze balls. They used their position to subject women they found attractive to their whims. They were gaudy and gross. There was no rape. There was no sexual harassment that resulted in any criminal charges. There were not wild drug fueled parties with them. They were slimy guys who treated women like objects. Guess what? They're also no longer employed by the team. Every person named in the article is no longer with the team. Further, there is no direct knowledge that Dan Snyder condoned or even knew about the actions of these five men and it seems that if he didn't then he fired them once the knowledge became public. What more can the organization do?

Sure, there might be more to the story. The Wapo didn't print more. What we have right now are a bunch of guys treating the team like a men's club and they have been rightfully terminated. Snyder, for all his flaws, wasn't a part of this club, never subjected these women to such behavior, and never appeared negatively in the article other than one incident which is in my opinion, rather tame.

The team and organization is a joke. I'm pretty sure that there's more to this but the Wapo article leaves off anything that's truly damning to the owner or the players. Business will continue as usual.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

That one paragraph I quoted earlier where the post clearly points out that nothing indicates Snyder or Allen directly knew any of this, but the women who came forward feel like they must have, does have the feeling of compromise to it. 

There were multiple anecdotes in the article that described the "veterans" of the office educating the greener employees on the toxic elements of the workplace - everyone that was embedded knew what the culture was about. Who leads office culture? It's Dan. It's virtually impossible that Snyder - the lone constant in the entire operation - was so insulated that he had 0% knowledge of the pervasive harrassment and sleaze happening directly underneath him. The sales manager for luxury suites reduced this female underlings to eye candy for prospects and clients - that dude reports to Snyder. You're never going to convince me that Snyder didn't know how one of his most important money makers operated. PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS MAN SCAPEGOAT HIS WAY OUT OF THIS! (Yelling in all caps at the NFL here). The haraassers directly named in the article flourished in a workplace that Snyder built. I will be so so so disappointed if this doesnt lead to Dan's ouster. I've tolerated so much as a fan of this team - just ****ing go away Dan. You suck

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This situation reminds me of my 76ers a few years back when the tanking got so bad that the league assigned an NBA official, Jerry Colangelo, to go in and run the team. He ended up naming his son as the GM and things GOT WORSE!!!!!

I expect the NFL to assign someone like Tony Dungy or Tony Gonzalez, maybe someone else, to go inside the organization and monitor things....along with a suspension of Danny for a year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SprintBomb said:

holy ****....one more effin post from you on this and i won't ban you but you will disappear :ph34r:

a

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

This could turn very ugly, the cheerleader scandal was not too long ago, now this? The NFL will have no choice but to take some type of action, can't keep sweeping these things under the rug.

I'm sure the league counsel's office parachuted some people into Ashburn this week to deal with this. This has been brewing for a while.

Given the cheerleader incident and how poor Snyder's reputation is, the league might condition further support on Snyder accepting a league-picked CEO to run the business. They can all make a big show of it. Cripes, Rivera's seemingly the only guy left in the building anyway. You don't want him having to run the marketing department.

Regardless, I strongly doubt this will be enough to convince the owners to sacrifice one of their own.

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

First team response to this should not be from the head coach. 

What, you want Dan Snyder to come out and be like, "Neener neener neener! Stick your head in doo doo! Got you again chumps!"

Ron Rivera is pretty much the only one who can make a statement. We don't have a GM to make a statement. Rivera IS the GM.

40 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Seems like you didn't actually read the article, and just went off of early reactions here, yet want me to engage you in a good faith debate about it all. Seems like a waste of time for me, no thanks. Enjoy your knee-jerk defense of the team in reaction to allegations you didn't even read about.

Yup...you're right..I totally missed the part where it said there was only 1 HR person...totally missed the part that said no one had any knowledge that Dan or Bruce knew..just assumed they knew...oh wait...yeah..guess I did read it.

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

If you were ever interested in the boycott stuff now is a real good time to get back on that. 

It's gonna be hard to boycott

3 minutes ago, profusion said:

Given the cheerleader incident and how poor Snyder's reputation is, the league might condition further support on Snyder accepting a league-picked CEO to run the business. They can all make a big show of it. Cripes, Rivera's seemingly the only guy left in the building anyway. You don't want him having to run the marketing department.

That'll probably go as well as the league picked marketing guy they sent down here.

Edited by justice98