Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

29 minutes ago, panahoo said:

Would anyone sign Clowney to 2 years 12-15 AAV and let him play OLB behind Chase Young and Montez Sweat? 

No. Slow build, that's a luxury signing, the team strength is in its front, we don't need to add yet another guy especially after adding Sweat and possibly Young this year. 

7 minutes ago, pcbothwel said:

This.

I LOVE this gamble. Loves football, speaks 3 languages, and is a SPECIMEN... Seems like a strong upside play...

BTW... In 2016, here is a comparison between him and Jalen Ramsey's SPARQ ratings (Ramsey was ranked 2nd, and Davis 4th):

Ramsey

Ht: 6'1

Wt: 209

SPARQ: 142.8

40: 4.41

3Cone: 6.94

Bench: 14

Vert: 41.5

Broad: 11.25

Davis

Ht: 6'1

Wt: 201

SPARQ: 134.6

40: 4.46

3Cone: 6.64

Bench: 21

Vert: 37.5

Broad: 10.5

I too constantly confuse Sean Davis and Jalen Ramsey

9 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Kyle Smith gave an interview and said the #1 priority of FA was filling out the roster and eliminating needs so you can go pure BPA in the draft.

But If you need a let's say ROT..And you sign a depth guy. You still need to improve right? So you still have a need for a ROT because the current one is not on the level you want. 

Agree with Kyle his statement but there is a difference between filling out the roster and trying to sign legit starters. But maybe I'm wrong and Davis will be good starter and ILBs will improve the run D. 

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

My guess he’ll have a low end cap hit of about 3mil without incentives. Small change deal.

all these small change deals are starting to add up, and the only starter is fuller ,imo. trying to stay positive, but getting hard

The trash heap signings continue. Low dollar guys on low dollar contracts.. Know what that typically gets you on the field? Low dollar results.

I'm taking a wait and see attitude, but I'm seriously underwhelmed with who and what they're looking at and signing.

3 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

The trash heap signings continue. Low dollar guys on low dollar contracts.. Know what that typically gets you on the field? Low dollar results.

I'm taking a wait and see attitude, but I'm seriously underwhelmed with who and what they're looking at and signing.

Agree except for Fuller, who I'm very excited to have back. The other guys? Role players/backups/ST fodder.

Just now, dswerdlw said:

Is it fair to say that Chase Young, the move to a 4-3, and the new coaching staff (including player/coach Thomas Davis) is likelyl elevate the play of everyone on the defense? I'm optimistic.

Im in a wait and see mindset.  Tempered excitement.  I think Chase will be at least a good ball player.  Will the whole defense benefit?  I’m not convinced it could happen.

3 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

We're signing good depth guys. We'll need them when 80% of our starters get injured this year. The draft is where we'll be adding the starters, most of our roster is already set aside from Chase Young and maybe another starter or two from this draft. You can't have pro bowlers at every position, we may have to settle with a Nicholson type of player at a position or two, what we want is players behind them that won't hurt the team when/if they see the field. 

7 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

he's started the majority of his career and played both safety positions

7 minutes ago, murphys4life said:

all these small change deals are starting to all up, and the only starter is fuller ,imo. trying to stay positive, but getting hard

Its March. Games start in September (maybe).

The first wave off free agency is not where the value typically is. Though you can't just sit it out if there is someone you love who is a great fit - we did make a run at Cooper for example. The second wave after the draft is when you start to see more players released after 1st and 2nd round picks impact their status and then the late camp cuts are also important when you still have needs.

Relax. Its a process and a long one at that.

13 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

I think no matter what they said, what they made people like Sheehan think, I have come to realize they are in rebuild mode. They just cant say it!

4 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

It's funny you feel that way because you could argue Sean has a better body of work than Kendall.🤷‍♂️

Davis has never done anything approaching the season Fuller had here before we dealt him to KC. That was Fuller's peak so far in the NFL and Davis hasn't been effective like that.

I'm not really concerned with how he was used or misused in KC, because we know what he did here only two short years ago and he's healthy and in his prime still at 25. A pretty safe investment.  

Archived