Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

Most teams will focus on defense in the early part of FA unless it’s a QB or high profile position player like Cooper or Hooper who became the highest paid TE. After it calms down lower level rbs and receivers will sign. 

i would like a bigger outside receiver like Perriman or Funchess. I love me some Simms and called it in preseason that he is a better option than Quinn. I do think we should go get a rb too as we just don’t know about Guice and Love. Freeman is my choice here. As far as TE, is there anyone who is worth it besides a flyer on a veteran? Maybe you can make an argument about Ebron but only a short term deal. Guy’s a headcase. Walker is like a 100, Eifert plays with a cane, and Olsen was good in 1992 our last Super Bowl. 

Now with Davis I think we are set in our secondary. Is it a significant upgrade? Who knows but that’s what coaches are all about. I like Fuller and Dunbar on the outside with Fuller moving to slot with Fabian outside. Jimmy didn’t actually improve during the season and I think actually regressed. If he improves he plays in the dime. 

We are set at lbs and the line even if we trade the number #2. Jack > Manusky

38 minutes ago, wit33 said:

I should’ve been more detailed in my response. The quality and type of contract are linked is my point. Does that make more sense? 

Again, you aren't disagreeing with me. The person I responded to said that Davis and Fuller had comparable bodies of work. I disagreed. You seem to also disagree. Which means we agree on that point, unless I'm missing something. If you were just using my post as a jumping off point to say this, that's fine, but it's not the gist of your first response to me at all, which reads like a correction. It sounds like you should have quoted the person saying they are comparable.

You will receive official notice when it's time to panic.....

I'm not sweating the small stuff right now, I want to see what Ron does with the team before I set fire to his shoes for not Black Friday shopping for FAs

It's a process, he needs to establish a foundational culture here, we were not going to the Sb this year y'all

The Cam to SD stuff might effect the trade down scenario.  I am not a trade down guy personally.  But if SD ends up spending decent money on Cam, I'd wonder if they would bother to try to trade up for Tua.  And at this point I doubt Carolina trades up either.  So who would be left to compete with Miami?  Maybe the Raiders?

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Whether that’s true or not (we have no idea and can never know) it’s not what happened.

I understand people are defensive of Haskins. He’s some of your last bastion of hope to hang on to. But pointing out things like, “Murray was better than Haskins” doesn’t mean “Screw Dwayne Haskins! He can never develop!” It means that last year, for a variety of reasons, Murray was better than Haskins (in my opinion)

Well said because when you don't talk in good light about Haskins it's like breaking the law. But I agree with your post

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Cam to SD stuff might effect the trade down scenario.  I am not a trade down guy personally.  But if SD ends up spending decent money on Cam, I'd wonder if they would bother to try to trade up for Tua.  And at this point I doubt Carolina trades up either.  So who would be left to compete with Miami?  Maybe the Raiders?

Jacksonville, IMO, is a dark horse.  They have the ammo.

Seems like on twitter some Redskins fans think they are signing Ebron.  The Redskins Today guy on twitter who for years just regurgitates media stories on twitter, sort of like I and others do here on this thread, out of nowhere is claiming he has sources and seemed to suggest Ebron is being signed.  

Edit:  I traced the tweet where someone refers to Ebron but it struck me somewhat vague.  I recall last FA year there was this guy Steve Draft on twitter who likewise all of a sudden claimed he had sources, all his rumors proved untrue.  I noticed he stopped doing the same style "sources say" stuff this year. 

43 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

There is a lot to like imo...

the Steelers always have a good defense and Davis was a starter every year but his rookie year, and in his rookie year he did start some due to injuries

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Seems like on twitter some Redskins fans think they are signing Ebron.  The Redskins Today guy on twitter who for years just regurgitates media stories on twitter, sort of like I and others do here on this thread, out of nowhere is claiming he has sources and seemed to suggest Ebron is being signed.  

Hopefully it’s not a crazy deal I definitely would take him over Walker. If we sign him and he gets injured tho I might smack my own face. Please Jesus can we have a healthy TE 

1 minute ago, max21 said:

Hopefully it’s not a crazy deal I definitely would take him over Walker. If we sign him and he gets injured tho I might smack my own face. Please Jesus can we have a healthy TE 

I am not in love with Ebron but not really in love with anyone left at TE but yeah I'd agree I'd take him over Walker.  I'd probably take Eifert over both of them but he's flawed too so i don't feel strongly for or against anyone depending on the price at TE.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not in love with Ebron but not really in love with anyone left at TE but yeah I'd agree I'd take him over Walker.  I'd probably take Eifert over both of them but he's flawed too so i don't feel strongly for or against anyone depending on the price at TE.

I think the tweeter is just playing around and getting attention from his tweets you ask me, SIP. :) 

Just now, RWJ said:

I think the tweeter is just playing around and getting attention from his tweets you ask me, SIP. :) 

Probably, having traced that specific tweet now.  But the dude is also telling people what Rivera thinks of Haskins versus Cam, etc.  So he is now out of the blue playing the I got sources game.  I doubt he does.  But will see.  

For years we complained about the high priced shiny toys. And than was justifiable because they mostly sucked. However this FA so far absolutely sucks. Fuller was a good signing. THOSE are the type I'm looking for, not fringe practice squad guys.

Let's face it, we've got holes at S, CB, LB, TE, LT. we have needs at WR, C, OG.

to justify dumpster diving at this point is ridiculous. Even the most rose colored homers can't expect all those needs and positions to be filled in the draft.. that is just ridiculous to expect rookies to step in at all those positions and play at a starter level.

I'll reserve judgement, but have to admit I don't see the plan and am not thrilled with it this far.

2 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

For years we complained about the high priced shiny toys. And than was justifiable because they mostly sucked. However this FA so far absolutely sucks. Fuller was a good signing. THOSE are the type I'm looking for, not fringe practice squad guys.

Let's face it, we've got holes at S, CB, LB, TE, LT. we have needs at WR, C, OG.

to justify dumpster diving at this point is ridiculous. Even the most rose colored homers can't expect all those needs and positions to be filled in the draft.. that is just ridiculous to expect rookies to step in at all those positions and play at a starter level.

I'll reserve judgement, but have to admit I don't see the plan and am not thrilled with it this far.

What would you have done in FA this year?

Archived